• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA and USC to the Big Ten

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah, probably wouldn't happen. Just straining myself thinking how some dude justifies booting Nebraska.
Doesn’t seem hard to justify to me.

Nobody lives in Nebraska. It’s not a market worth keeping, since it isn’t even a market.

ND being different as it has no local market, but is a national brand.

Be a capitalist here. That’s all any of this is. With academic “requirements”.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buckeye NIL Collective

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely shakes out to 3 mega conferences that break away from the NCAA. Hopefully it wouldn't hurt the tournament or that it is a cfb only situation

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any school gets a boot in the BIG, it's Rutgers for sketchy financial dealings/situations and being a complete zero when it comes to content generation. There an example of why markets are only part of the story.

Who the fuck outside of NY/NJ gives a shit about literally anything Rutgers? Some rando CFB junkie would stream OSU-Anybody though.

There is no chance in hell they are kicking out Rutgers and giving up the largest market in the nation. New York is the only reason Rutgers is even there

JD Racer Dad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the ACC plays the “Market Share” game the way others do. Is that naive? Maybe. But I see it as wanting to remain a tight knit, but relevant group is all.
They didn't and that's why they are broke.
They have 4 schools in the same market of North Carolina.
Hard to overcome.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the over/under that college football becomes a one and done sport? I think college football ended as we know it when California over stepped and allowed college athletes to get paid. Fucking California...

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the over/under that college football becomes a one and done sport? I think college football ended as we know it when California over stepped and allowed college athletes to get paid. Fucking California...
And now all college athletes can be paid via "endorsements" Along with the transfer protocols it will create revolving door.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CFB become a one & done sport? I say no way. There's not a 19 year old kid mentally or physically as strong as veteran players.

Any kid that only played one year of CFB would get punished. Nobody that young is ready for the NFL.

For years I was against student athletes getting paid. But then I changed my mind. The NCAA has been getting rich off the hard work these kids for far too long. They should be getting paid since for decades others have gotten rich off them.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely shakes out to 3 mega conferences that break away from the NCAA. Hopefully it wouldn't hurt the tournament or that it is a cfb only situation
What do you think that 3rd conference will be? The PAC and Big XII merge becoming a conference or the ACC somehow overcoming years of ineptitude from idiot John Swafford and become a 3rd conference or something else?

JD Racer Dad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think that 3rd conference will be? The PAC and Big XII merge becoming a conference or the ACC somehow overcoming years of ineptitude from idiot John Swafford and become a 3rd conference or something else?
Don't know what Stakesarehigh thinks.
But the Big 12 taking a few of what's will be left of the PAC 12 and from the ACC if it collapses could go coast to coast like the BIG on a little brother level.
They could go to 20 in a hurry
It'd be the Big 2 and the Big Little Brother.
The SEC and the BIG Ten will chose theirs first. :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it's more likely to go to 4 super conferences. The Pac and Big 12 combine and the ACC adds a few schools like Cincy. But the ACC would be the weakest of the 4, as after Cincy there really isn't much out there worth going after? They already have two Florida schools so no gain going after another one. WV could move to the ACC for travel reasons, but doesn't add much to the ACC's media footprint. UConn would add more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it's more likely to go to 4 super conferences. The Pac and Big 12 combine and the ACC adds a few schools like Cincy. But the ACC would be the weakest of the 4, as after Cincy there really isn't much out there worth going after? They already have two Florida schools so no gain going after another one. WV could move to the ACC for travel reasons, but doesn't add much to the ACC's media footprint. UConn would add more.

Minnesota > USC & UCLA right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota > USC & UCLA right?
In Wrestling, Hockey & Women's VB, yes. Maybe Men's Golf, too? Football? Depending on how far back you go an argument could possibly be made as I don't remember either USC or UCLA doing much in football recently? Men's BB? Probably not, but you never know? By 2024, they could be?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its almost impossible toto describe to a non PAC-8 (12) fan how deep the hatred for the Big 10 runs with us. This is too much to bear for any self-respecting SC fan. I'm done with them. They've made it impossible for me to root for them any longer

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Wrestling, Hockey & Women's VB, yes. Maybe Men's Golf, too? Football? Depending on how far back you go an argument could possibly be made as I don't remember either USC or UCLA doing much in football recently? Men's BB? Probably not, but you never know? By 2024, they could be?

What are your expectations for Gophers football? They'll win the conference right?

Does Minnesota have a baseball team? If they do then the College World Series was rigged because they didn't win.

Gophers hoops. About 25 regular season wins? Get to the Elite 8?

And Minnesota hockey. A hockey lesson for you since you think Minnesota owns that sport.

The Avs won Stanley Cup. Denver U. won the national title. And Denver East high school won a national title.

And since you like to brag about all things Minnesota. Not just the Gophers. Didn't Ohio State's women's hockey team just win a national title by beating a team from the state you over-pimp way too much?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what I’m thinking. It’ll be four conferences with the B1G and SEC being the top tier and a merged Big XII/PAC and ACC being a tier below and then all the mid majors beneath them. WVU would probably prefer the ACC in that case, for travel reasons alone. A 16th team would be more tricky. While highly unlikely, try to convince ESPN to offer a better deal if ND would join for football. Otherwise, I’m not sure what route they’d take but would assume it’d probably be UConn or Memphis at the top of the list for a 16th team.