• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UC signs 2 white kids (twin brothers)!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... This is going to get tough. Most people have something or a number of things that they do to get out of the house and interact. Some folks do the church thing, some the gym, the movies, breweries, food, sporting events, etc., etc., etc.... While one or two weeks isn't going to hurt anyone, you can bet this is going to be hard as time goes by.

Yeah, the small business is going to be really strained. If this goes on for 3-4-5 weeks - Many of them are simply not going to make it without some kind of relief.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off work yesterday and wanted to blow my brains out! I don’t have any hobbies besides drinking and gambling.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I miss March Madness. It's probably my favorite sporting time of the year - and I've been out to Vegas for this several times. It's just great - especially that 1st weekend.

What really sucks more than the sports, for me, is all the places closing down. Most of my weekends involve meeting up with friends and grabbing a drink at a brewery or at Coopers Hawk for the ladies so they can have wine. You can still grab-and-go, but it's more about the ability to hang out there (wherever) and just relax that sucks.

as a child of an alcoholic, I think about the kids who now have to tip-toe around their alcoholic parent because they are drinking at home.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was off work yesterday and wanted to blow my brains out! I don’t have any hobbies besides drinking and gambling.

practice playing poker/blackjack with chips. take the kids pennies, teach them how.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any not keeping up: UC signed another white dude - F - Rapolus Ivanauskas. He's a grad transfer from Colege who was a former top 150 kid out of H.S. Originally started at Northwestern and had some injuries and decided to transfer. Was League player of the year in 2019, and had a slight dip in play last year, but is a 6'9 Forward that shot 36% from three despite the down year. Also averaged 13 and nearly 8 - playing along side some actual skilled players should enhance his ability - especially since he can stretch the floor.

UC also signed form top 100 (ok, 107) PG in David DeJulius from Michigan. He is a 2 year transfer, and will likely get a waiver to be eligible this year. Originally recruited by Beilein, and stayed for Howard, but decided after that to transfer. He averaged 23 minutes a game last year, and was in line to be the starting PG this year with all the players graduating, but apparently does not mesh well with what Howard wants. What is nice is DeJulius is once thing: a scorer. On his AAU team he was the leading scorer that included Williams (Purdue) Brown (Mich St), and Washington (Ohio St). The guy can flat out get buckets and is a huge pickup for UC.

John Brannen in almost exactly 1 year has landed: Adams-Woods, Zach Harvey, Rapolus I, David DeJulius, Mike Saunders, Gabe Madsen, Mason Madsen, and Tari Eason. Every player who left when Cronin did has done exactly jack squat on a lower team except for Brooks who redshirted. Logan Johnson did end up at St. Mary's who is a good team, and averaged like 2 minutes a game, but to be fair - he was leaving no matter what due to family issues and he is from that area.

CJB is putting together a nice little team in Clifton - certainly more talented than any team we've seen under Cronin, potentially, other than about 3 years ago when it was Evans, Cumberland, Clark, and Washington....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any not keeping up: UC signed another white dude - F - Rapolus Ivanauskas. He's a grad transfer from Colege who was a former top 150 kid out of H.S. Originally started at Northwestern and had some injuries and decided to transfer. Was League player of the year in 2019, and had a slight dip in play last year, but is a 6'9 Forward that shot 36% from three despite the down year. Also averaged 13 and nearly 8 - playing along side some actual skilled players should enhance his ability - especially since he can stretch the floor.

UC also signed form top 100 (ok, 107) PG in David DeJulius from Michigan. He is a 2 year transfer, and will likely get a waiver to be eligible this year. Originally recruited by Beilein, and stayed for Howard, but decided after that to transfer. He averaged 23 minutes a game last year, and was in line to be the starting PG this year with all the players graduating, but apparently does not mesh well with what Howard wants. What is nice is DeJulius is once thing: a scorer. On his AAU team he was the leading scorer that included Williams (Purdue) Brown (Mich St), and Washington (Ohio St). The guy can flat out get buckets and is a huge pickup for UC.

John Brannen in almost exactly 1 year has landed: Adams-Woods, Zach Harvey, Rapolus I, David DeJulius, Mike Saunders, Gabe Madsen, Mason Madsen, and Tari Eason. Every player who left when Cronin did has done exactly jack squat on a lower team except for Brooks who redshirted. Logan Johnson did end up at St. Mary's who is a good team, and averaged like 2 minutes a game, but to be fair - he was leaving no matter what due to family issues and he is from that area.

CJB is putting together a nice little team in Clifton - certainly more talented than any team we've seen under Cronin, potentially, other than about 3 years ago when it was Evans, Cumberland, Clark, and Washington....

I'm impressed by his early returns. I didn't expect him to have as much success with recruits and transfers, but it's clear that players think they can succeed in his system. I also think he benefits from a better commitment from the administration. I think some of Cronin's issues late in his tenure had more to do with the perception that he was on his way out or was being mistreated by the school. I don't think he ever lost his recruiting fastball - And he is signing top talent in Westwood.

Time will tell. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2 or 3 seasons when Brannen has an entire roster constructed the way he wants it. But it's encouraging that talent is interested.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed by his early returns. I didn't expect him to have as much success with recruits and transfers, but it's clear that players think they can succeed in his system. I also think he benefits from a better commitment from the administration. I think some of Cronin's issues late in his tenure had more to do with the perception that he was on his way out or was being mistreated by the school. I don't think he ever lost his recruiting fastball - And he is signing top talent in Westwood.

Time will tell. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2 or 3 seasons when Brannen has an entire roster constructed the way he wants it. But it's encouraging that talent is interested.
I think for Cronin - he allowed his personal feelings for the AD at that time (Bohn) get the better of him. He felt undervalued to the University and his style and personality rubbed people the wrong way, which didn't help. I think he still recruited, and probably would have still won because that's his track record. But, I do think he started leaning into the "I can't recruit in this league" or the "We don't have the facilities" mantra a little to much his last few years.

CJB could recruit - he was lead at Alabama when they signed one of their best classes ever - but to go from coaching in the Horizon at NKU (even though they did make the tournament) to the AAC is a nice step up in play. The fact that he's now basically put together 2 classes that are pretty damned strong is impressive. Especially when you consider that he's only been on the job for just over a year, and his assistants weren't even hired by this time last year, I don't think.

2021 is going to be a big recruiting year. If he can land at least 1 more high profile player to compliment the pieces he already has, UC is going to be well primed going forward. Oh, and the top 150 grad-transfer technically has 2 years left, even though he is a grad transfer. He had a redshirt year, but then had another year he only played in 3 games due to an injury - so he would actually qualify for a Medical waiver and could receive a 6th year if he so desired to return.