• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started I thought this would be the last year for White no matter how he performed. But I would have never guessed how completely insignificant he's become. Kevin White doesn't even dress for games. It's just a very bizarre situation and one that has me completely puzzled.

I can only guess it's one of two things:

1. With all his injuries Kevin White is no longer the same player physically. We saw signs of this when he did play after his second year. Even the commentators were noting how there appear to be no speed at all. Nothing explosive about him.

2. White has an attitude problem which causes him to not practice well and is in Nagy's doghouse.

Or maybe 1 led to to 2.

I did some googling and Nagy was quoted of White saying "No discipline," Nagy said. "He’s healthy. It was just a decision we went with as a staff and Kevin."

What a shame. White could of added a lot to this pass friendly offense.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Miller and Bellamy get a game suspension for fighting? If so, we may actually see White again next week. I also don't get it, he was an effective blocker earlier this year. I can recall several key blocks he made to spring big gains. One aspect our current starting WR core is not that good at.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Miller and Bellamy get a game suspension for fighting? If so, we may actually see White again next week. I also don't get it, he was an effective blocker earlier this year. I can recall several key blocks he made to spring big gains. One aspect our current starting WR core is not that good at.

For all intents and purposes, White seemed like a good dude from a goo background and pedigree. It's very surprising to hear Nagy say he lacks discipline. Coming out of college, work-ethic was one of his selling points? Maybe all the injuries have taken a toll on him mentally?:noidea:

Definitely a wasted draft pick tho.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the league gave Talib and Crabtree 2 game suspensions for their fight and it didn't start a riot. We could see both Bellamy and Miller sitting the pine in the playoff game.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all intents and purposes, White seemed like a good dude from a goo background and pedigree. It's very surprising to hear Nagy say he lacks discipline. Coming out of college, work-ethic was one of his selling points? Maybe all the injuries have taken a toll on him mentally?:noidea:

Definitely a wasted draft pick tho.

I remember an interview with him before the season started. He was giving very short one word answers to the interviewers questions. Clearly White had a chip on his shoulder. When you've been playing at such a high level and then it's taken away from you and you have to actually earned it, that's when your character becomes most visible. It appears Kevin White is not a very high character guy. He's taking these demotions badly and probably doesn't feel compelled to even try if they're not going to give him the starting job from the get go.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me is still holding out hope that White becomes an asset to this team.
But it's pretty clear the Bears don't need him to win.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a First round Bust.

Nothing more, nothing less.

He will not be on the team next year, of course.

Time for everyone to move on,
obviously Nagy and Pace have moved on, so it is time for the fans to as well.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing fuller limp off the field yesterday I'm pretty OK with the practice squad suiting up in Minnesota. I know he's fine but I really don't need that aggravation next week.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing fuller limp off the field yesterday I'm pretty OK with the practice squad suiting up in Minnesota. I know he's fine but I really don't need that aggravation next week.

agreed,
and additionally -

the Bears should/ would rather have Minne at home in playoff week 1, than a Philly team and Foles.
Cousins sucks in these big moments. He has no chance of winning a big, tough road game in a rough road stadium environment.

By resting starters, and playing the practice squad guys next week the Bears ensure they get Minne the following week, and not Philly and Foles - who has won these big games recently.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way we rest the starters for this game. That would be sending a very bad message to the organization by your head coach. Nagy would be ridiculed. Can you imagine if he sat the starters, then lost in our first playoff game?

Instead we're playing all the starters, collecting our 12th win, knocking out the Vikings and head into the playoffs on a high note.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way we rest the starters for this game. That would be sending a very bad message to the organization by your head coach. Nagy would be ridiculed. Can you imagine if he sat the starters, then lost in our first playoff game?

Instead we're playing all the starters, collecting our 12th win, knocking out the Vikings and head into the playoffs on a high note.
Agree 100%
We may have looked shaky in some games, but we've showed up for the big/prime time games.
There is no team in the NFC we shouldn't be able to beat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think we will show our whole hand knowing we might play them a week later. MN is desperate and we have no real reason to fight. I think we go bland. Remember the starters not playing the preseason? Nagy will be careful with the players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Noon, I think we're playing the starters, but we put out a preseason game plan. The chances are very good that we'll be seeing the Vikes in the playoff game the following week, so why show all our gadgets and shit this Sunday?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will show our whole hand knowing we might play them a week later. MN is desperate and we have no real reason to fight. I think we go bland. Remember the starters not playing the preseason? Nagy will be careful with the players.

If we beat Minny they are out. I don’t think showing our hand at that point then matters.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Nagy has already stated they will not be packing it in.

Yesterday he also clearly stated that as they approach Sunday, and as the game itself "develops", they might "alter the course of their original game-plan...."
From his press conf on Monday, you can read between the lines on this.
They are not going to be giving it their all, no 100% for Minne game.

Week 17 teams that rest guys, nor give it their 100% NEVER come right out and say it upfront.
the NFL hates this, yes guys like Gurley being "rested" will be listed as questionable til Sunday morning, when at that point they are "Out",

the Bears / Nagy Offense and play calling will be very vanilla, alot of Howard and Cohen and short passing game to Burton and TE's.
They are not going to show Vikings too much, since they will be playing each other 7 days later.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat Minny they are out. I don’t think showing our hand at that point then matters.
In order for Minny to be out, Philly has to lose as well. If we beat the Vikes, but the Eagles lose, we're playing the Vikes in the postseason.

There's a scenario for the Bears playing in the opening round any of the three teams left in the playoff hunt, the Vikes, the Eagles, and the Seahawks.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for Minny to be out, Philly has to lose as well. If we beat the Vikes, but the Eagles lose, we're playing the Vikes in the postseason.

There's a scenario for the Bears playing in the opening round any of the three teams left in the playoff hunt, the Vikes, the Eagles, and the Seahawks.

Courtesy of CBS:

LOS ANGELES RAMS
L.A. Rams can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) LAR win or tie
2) CHI loss or tie

CHICAGO BEARS
Chicago can clinch a first-round bye with:
1) CHI win + LAR loss

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Minnesota can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) MIN win or tie
2) PHI loss or tie

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Philadelphia can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) PHI win + MIN loss

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious answer, is to play to win until the Rams show you otherwise.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious answer, is to play to win until the Rams show you otherwise.

Both games are at 3:15 CST,
If Rams vs SF at home in LA starts getting ugly in favor of Rams, look for Bears to adjust their game-plans as the game unfolds.

They enter this game with a few various scenarios.
Nagy and coaches strongly hinted this at the Monday press conf.