• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrone Smith's contract

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he is the priority to resign on this team. So with Brandon Albert being signed today
Albert had agreed to a five-year, $47 million contract with the Dolphins. And that's not backloaded: He'll get $28 million in the first three years.

and Philly resigning Peters ( 50 million over 5 years)

we have a ball park figure for Smith who will make more than either of those guys. He's better than both and half the age of both

so yeah 10-11 million a year average atleast

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to lock him up on a 7 year deal. I still think we should try and trade Bryant if we could get a couple of high picks. I don't like the idea of giving him a huge deal. I like Bryant, but I am concerned that he has back issues at an early age.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to lock him up on a 7 year deal. I still think we should try and trade Bryant if we could get a couple of high picks. I don't like the idea of giving him a huge deal. I like Bryant, but I am concerned that he has back issues at an early age.

I just think Smith is more important to our future than Bryant.
Our left side right now is a LT going into his 4th year, a Guard going into his 3rd year(2nd as a starter), a Center going into his 2nd year ..... and they are all pretty damn good. and hopefully all three here for a decade

and to add in why I say important. Tony isnt going to be here forever .... The next guy is going to need a left side like that to protect him (especially when he is going through the learning curve)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and agree I would trade Dez as well.

Right now ... I'd swap first with a team near the top of the draft and take Watkins to replace him. added with a top 2nd round pick and a future pick

Grab Hageman and Martin with my 2 seconds
Christopher Jones with the 3rd ....

and this team just improved a hell of alot

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be all for trading Dez right now with that scenario.

I would then try to pick up Steve Smith (due to be released) immediately.

We could, with Smith and good drafting (meaning DL and S) in the next two years, be SB contenders that quickly.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be all for trading Dez right now with that scenario.

I would then try to pick up Steve Smith (due to be released) immediately.

We could, with Smith and good drafting (meaning DL and S) in the next two years, be SB contenders that quickly.

The thing about it is .... There is no #1 receiver in Free Agency right now.

You will never see Dez's trade value any higher than what it is right now

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who might be in the market for a #1 receiver? I can think of the Rams, and they have an extra first.

Who else?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Twist. You and I might be able to right this ship by the end of the day.

Picking towards the top

Raiders, Jets, Jacksonville,
Washington but they have no 1st
Vikings
and yeah the Rams really need one

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for posting so much today, but I have extra time on my hands today.

I did think of another added incentive for trading Dez right now and drafting Watkins. We would avoid the big contract decision for another few years, until after Watkins completes his rookie contract. That would potentially increase our ability to sign other players - especially Smith and Murray - without hurting our cap going forward.

Seriously, in two to three years we could be playing in the SB, barring injuries and other unforseens.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did think of another added incentive for trading Dez right now and drafting Watkins. We would avoid the big contract decision for another few years, until after Watkins completes his rookie contract. That would potentially increase our ability to sign other players - especially Smith and Murray - without hurting our cap going forward.

Seriously, in two to three years we could be playing in the SB, barring injuries and other unforseens.

absolutely agree

and I also look at it like this ....

you get 2 young receivers
If Escobar progresses your future TE
Left side of the O-line for many years
Smith will have a big contract but everyone ese on rookie contracts...... gives you to draft well (hopefully) and basically 2 years you can start from scratch with the cap space and how we use it.

While staying relavant and never truely going into full out rebuild mode

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should added .... puts you in a position to be one of the youngest teams in the league ..... missing a few pieces..... Which is where you want to be

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can forget the rams trading with us. If they were going for a WR they would just take Watkins instead of trading for Dez.

As far as those wanting Steve Smith. I think he got old quick last year. Think we would be wasting money on him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Hakeem Nicks on the market? Wasn't long ago he was a "future can't miss #1" that could be used as AT WORST a one year stop gap. I still think Terrance Williams will be a true #1 eventually.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Hakeem Nicks on the market? Wasn't long ago he was a "future can't miss #1" that could be used as AT WORST a one year stop gap. I still think Terrance Williams will be a true #1 eventually.

I LOVE Williams ... but right now I dont see him as a number one.... One fucking hella #2 though

Nicks isn't a #1 and didnt even catch a TD last year

Dez would be the biggest trade bait in a decade this offseason

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand those who would suggest trading Dez and then in the same breath talk about resigning Murray. I do get wanting to trade Dez for cap relief though; so don't think this is my usual I'm going to defend Dez cause he's my guy. Like Shmoopy said why would the Rams trade for Dez when they can have Watkins? To tell the truth if we traded Dez to a team that was giving us their 1st and 2nd then yeah its a no brainer. Say like the Titans or the Ravens yeah I would do it, but then Evans would have to be our pick at 16.

There or few circumstances where I would sign Murray over Dez. They both have injury history.. one has proven that he's more capable or willing to play through pain/injuries. So unless Murray would settle for the vet minimum no way would his signing over Dez make since to me.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand those who would suggest trading Dez and then in the same breath talk about resigning Murray. I do get wanting to trade Dez for cap relief though; so don't think this is my usual I'm going to defend Dez cause he's my guy. Like Shmoopy said why would the Rams trade for Dez when they can have Watkins? To tell the truth if we traded Dez to a team that was giving us their 1st and 2nd then yeah its a no brainer. Say like the Titans or the Ravens yeah I would do it, but then Evans would have to be our pick at 16.

There or few circumstances where I would sign Murray over Dez. They both have injury history.. one has proven that he's more capable or willing to play through pain/injuries. So unless Murray would settle for the vet minimum no way would his signing over Dez make since to me.

Ahhh here we go on the Dez thing .... and I know he is your guy ... so we but heads on him

I think Smith is more important ....
I think Dez is a head case that will get worse when he gets more money
I dont think we should pay top 5 contract price for top 5 potential when he wont dig his head out of his ass
I dont think you give a huge contract to anyone on an 8-8 team ...... short of a 25 year old top 5 left tackle ( that hasnt missed a game)

want more reasons? Cause I can keep going on the why nots....... as to keep Dez ..... and got alot more on the why too Trade Dez

and the single response I will get back .... IS his potential

potential is a draft pick not a 10-15 million a year player

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and agree I would trade Dez as well.

Right now ... I'd swap first with a team near the top of the draft and take Watkins to replace him. added with a top 2nd round pick and a future pick

Grab Hageman and Martin with my 2 seconds
Christopher Jones with the 3rd ....

and this team just improved a hell of alot

If you were going to trade Dez to a team that needed a WR and would be willing to pay Dez what his new contract will demand, why would'nt said team just stay put and draft a younger, better and cheaper Watkins? This isn't Madden 08. It's pretty absurd. Yes, Dez is a top 5-10 WR....Tony Romo is a top 5-10 QB. A couple of years ago, why didn't you swap #1's with Indy and throw in Romo and take Andrew Luck?
:lame:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Dez for a first would make too much sense for Jerry to comprehend.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe while we're at it we can trade Murray for Clowney. And Carter for Mack

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were going to trade Dez to a team that needed a WR and would be willing to pay Dez what his new contract will demand, why would'nt said team just stay put and draft a younger, better and cheaper Watkins? This isn't Madden 08. It's pretty absurd. Yes, Dez is a top 5-10 WR....Tony Romo is a top 5-10 QB. A couple of years ago, why didn't you swap #1's with Indy and throw in Romo and take Andrew Luck?
:lame:

check the other thread fuck nuts .... your understanding of the NFL has been exposed

:laugh3: