• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Player Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember much but I believe I thunk you had the best team...

And we all know that doesnt mean much

giphy.gif

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son turned 8 today. In their league, the kids pitch until they get to 4 balls, then the coach comes in and finishes the batter off.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son turned 8 today. In their league, the kids pitch until they get to 4 balls, then the coach comes in and finishes the batter off.

Happy birthday little Fem! :hardy:

Interesting... our league is 5 pitches or 3 strikes... if you reach the 5th pitch you have to swing no matter what... you can tip/foul the last pitch until you hit it or strike out...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday little Fem! :hardy:

Interesting... our league is 5 pitches or 3 strikes... if you reach the 5th pitch you have to swing no matter what... you can tip/foul the last pitch until you hit it or strike out...
Yep, our 7-8's hit off machine at 42 mph 3/5

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like a little Pujoles hitting off Bartolo Colon

I took your advice about staying in league and paying for individual coaching and I am extremely happy about it... I share it with everyone I talk to... one of the guys who's son plays league does some stuff with most of the "Allstars" but we stay close and fundraiser so we don't pay for anything... best advice ever! Thanks again for it

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happy Birthday little man!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took your advice about staying in league and paying for individual coaching and I am extremely happy about it... I share it with everyone I talk to... one of the guys who's son plays league does some stuff with most of the "Allstars" but we stay close and fundraiser so we don't pay for anything... best advice ever! Thanks again for it
You betcha buddy. Keep getting him individual help for his mechanics and let all the little all stars spend out the butt to travel. The gap will widen every year

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, our 7-8's hit off machine at 42 mph 3/5
He was in machine pitch last season. The cutoff was on his birthday, so he had to move up. He is the youngest kid in the league. He surprised the hell out of me pitching. The other coach asked if he could do it and I told him I would work with him a little. We threw for about 10 minutes and he was pretty inconsistent. He worked with him for a little at the next practice and said he was better than the other kids he was thinking about using. He ended up pitching the last two innings of the next game and struck out 2 and got a save.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in machine pitch last season. The cutoff was on his birthday, so he had to move up. He is the youngest kid in the league. He surprised the hell out of me pitching. The other coach asked if he could do it and I told him I would work with him a little. We threw for about 10 minutes and he was pretty inconsistent. He worked with him for a little at the next practice and said he was better than the other kids he was thinking about using. He ended up pitching the last two innings of the next game and struck out 2 and got a save.
Man that's awesome. I'm a hitting coach, but I will tell you what the two best pitching coaches I've ever known told me about young pitchers. First, don't listen to people who want to teach him offspeed at 8-11. Once he has mastered his two seam and four seam fastball, he really has 8 different pitches, because if he can spot each pitch up at the four corners of the zone with proper depth, he's not getting hit anyway. Add to that, throwing fastballs both protects and strengthens his arm. Second, when he does learn an offspeed pitch, CHANGEUP. A good change is better than any other offspeed pitch, and it won't kill your elbow

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that's awesome. I'm a hitting coach, but I will tell you what the two best pitching coaches I've ever known told me about young pitchers. First, don't listen to people who want to teach him offspeed at 8-11. Once he has mastered his two seam and four seam fastball, he really has 8 different pitches, because if he can spot each pitch up at the four corners of the zone with proper depth, he's not getting hit anyway. Add to that, throwing fastballs both protects and strengthens his arm. Second, when he does learn an offspeed pitch, CHANGEUP. A good change is better than any other offspeed pitch, and it won't kill your elbow
Yeah, at this age, we just want them to throw strikes. Speed doesn't matter if they are over the plate. I took him to a pitching and throwing clinic about a week ago and he picked up a couple things there. The guy who runs it is from the area and has coached in division 1. He was pretty good, fairly inexpensive and it was worth the time. We actually had 3 kids from our team who made it out there and all 3 pitch for us.

I haven't worked with any of the kids hitting on our teams yet this season. There are a couple of kids who I see doing things wrong, so I am going to try at practice tomorrow to work with them in the cages and see if I can fix some things. I know a couple things that my son is doing wrong, but the few times that I have gotten to take him to a cage, he hurts his hands when he makes contact and wants to play mini golf instead. We changed his grip and fixed that issue but I haven't had time to work with him since then to work on the other things. I had been teaching him not to swing too hard and to just make contact with the ball. At this age, a ground ball down the third base line is easily a hit, since 99% of the kids in the league can't charge the ball and make an accurate throw by the time the hitter gets to first.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this age, we just want them to throw strikes. Speed doesn't matter if they are over the plate. I took him to a pitching and throwing clinic about a week ago and he picked up a couple things there. The guy who runs it is from the area and has coached in division 1. He was pretty good, fairly inexpensive and it was worth the time. We actually had 3 kids from our team who made it out there and all 3 pitch for us.

I haven't worked with any of the kids hitting on our teams yet this season. There are a couple of kids who I see doing things wrong, so I am going to try at practice tomorrow to work with them in the cages and see if I can fix some things. I know a couple things that my son is doing wrong, but the few times that I have gotten to take him to a cage, he hurts his hands when he makes contact and wants to play mini golf instead. We changed his grip and fixed that issue but I haven't had time to work with him since then to work on the other things. I had been teaching him not to swing too hard and to just make contact with the ball. At this age, a ground ball down the third base line is easily a hit, since 99% of the kids in the league can't charge the ball and make an accurate throw by the time the hitter gets to first.
Strikes are always good lol.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on his size and strength, Marucci Cat 7 has some "new technology" in the handle that takes away the sting... also depending on your league rules... 27" and under they only make 2 3/4 bat, but 28" and up they make 2 5/8 barrel... that bat changes lives... :nod:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You betcha buddy. Keep getting him individual help for his mechanics and let all the little all stars spend out the butt to travel. The gap will widen every year

It's clear... he's been invited to join 3 teams and I'm like UK says no lol

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm: