• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Cowards and a bigot

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either the haters out there don't have the ability to read a COMPLETE article or they are just combing pieces to support their cause. The man supports gay-rights. Live with it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either the haters out there don't have the ability to read a COMPLETE article or they are just combing pieces to support their cause. The man supports gay-rights. Live with it.

Not sure exactly who is being hated on.

The man is unemployed, Live with it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did you even read it? Because he pretty clearly said punters are plentiful and he was making g more than most. I got the impression he would have been open to contact adjustment but it was never an option

Yes I read it. He was still being a big, baby bitch.

"I know I made too much money... BUT THEY ARE PERSECUTING MEEEEEEE!!! I'm not certain that's why they cut me. BUT I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS BECAUSE THEY'RE PERSECUTING MEEEEEEEE!!!"

I guess since they didn't renegotiate his deal it's because they're bigots or cowards. Forget the fact that he was old & not all that good any more & there are a million young punters who would sign for less money than they can legally pay a veteran.

The most ridiculous thing about his claim is that his stance gets him the exact opposite treatment from the NFL. If you take a stance AGAINST gay marriage that's what gets you negative attention. See Chris Culliver.

s9tv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure exactly who is being hated on.

The man is unemployed, Live with it.

I don't care if he's employed as a punter, a street mime, or unemployed. Where did you think I CARED about his employment status? Please, enlighten me. :lame:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you made that comparison (I don't have a TV nor do I give a crap about that TV show), because the network that tried to get rid of Phil Robertson openly admit that it was because of his comments. This punter is just crying like a little bitch & making up excuses for himself because he won't admit he wasn't worth the money he was making.

Just go back in this thread and read comments that the punter deserved to be cut for controversial comments because he's only a punter and not worth the distraction to the team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just go back in this thread and read comments that the punter deserved to be cut for controversial comments because he's only a punter and not worth the distraction to the team.

Just go back in the thread and read where I said this guy is a walking vagina with a yeast infection.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is an angry elf

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me among the skeptics.

I don't have anything against Kluwe or homosexuals in general but it's hard for me to believe the special teams coach held so much power that neither the head coach nor the general manager were willing to cross him despite the owner's sanctioning his vocal stance.

He was a good enough punter but he was a good enough punter who was in the league long enough to draw a premium salary. It just seems a lot more likely to me that the cost wasn't worth his skill set and now he's angrily searching for a scapegoat.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just go back in the thread and read where I said this guy is a walking vagina with a yeast infection.

Fine? I just think it's extremely similar to the Duck Dynasty scandal. Thought that was interesting.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if he's employed as a punter, a street mime, or unemployed. Where did you think I CARED about his employment status? Please, enlighten me. :lame:

I'm pretty sure people are continuing to exhale and inhale, even if this, douche, supports gay-rights. Why would you assume people aren't 'living with it' because he supports same-sex marriage?
Why do you care for that matter?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The next millionaire who bitches about treatment from his employer needs to be taught a lesson by this guy:

[YOUTUBE]RzToNo7A-94[/YOUTUBE]

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If in a team meeting the special teams coach did in fact say that he wanted all the gay people put on an island and then we should nuke that island...well....that goes a bit above and beyond "supporting traditional marriage".

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two cowards and a bigot....is this a thread about random people in a church?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine? I just think it's extremely similar to the Duck Dynasty scandal. Thought that was interesting.

Only in the sense that both were wrong to voice their opinion on company time or in a setting that directly affected their employer....An employer has the right to fire anyone that they deem detrimental to their business...
You didn't see DD guy threatening to sue anybody or calling them names in the media after he was fired, but this guy is an angry jilted player that is looking for revenge and a payday, just like that weird dude from the Dolphins is too....Both are a total joke, and their careers are over, book it !! :clap::clap::clap:

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only in the sense that both were wrong to voice their opinion on company time or in a setting that directly affected their employer....An employer has the right to fire anyone that they deem detrimental to their business...
You didn't see DD guy threatening to sue anybody or calling them names in the media after he was fired, but this guy is an angry jilted player that is looking for revenge and a payday, just like that weird dude from the Dolphins is too....Both are a total joke, and their careers are over, book it !! :clap::clap::clap:

He was not "on company time." He wasn't tweeting and talking about stuff during practice and games.

And an employer cannot fine someone because they do not like their opinion, or because that person is stating their opinion. Kluwe never threatened to sue anybody. He didn't ask for a payday. And he already said that his career is over, so it's not a bold statement to say his career is over, book it. You just made a bunch of stuff up and called him weird. Kind of hypocritical to criticize someone for calling people names and then call him names.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure people are continuing to exhale and inhale, even if this, douche, supports gay-rights. Why would you assume people aren't 'living with it' because he supports same-sex marriage?
Why do you care for that matter?

Interesting. You didn't answer my counter-argument and then re-quoted my first post at the same time. So, let me make this simple...

1.) I was making a point that there were some comments being made on this thread by posters that didn't botherto read the article. That's it.

2.) Why do I care? Seriously, I rally behind anyone that wants to stand up for our rights as American citizens to voice our opinion. What we do here on the Sports SportsHoopla forums isn't tolerated in a lot of countries. You and I can disagree with ourselves as much as we want and then we continue with our lives without fear of reprisal. However, we occasionally get a politician in our country that seems to think we don't have a right to free speech. I'm referring to Emmett C. Burns.

The steamroller that Kluwe did on him through an article was well written, and dead on. However, even I knew that his activism would get him booted out of the NFL. I'm sure he knew as well. So, I have no problem with him not being a punter in the NFL. Chris Kluwe is a smart enough to find another career path.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
even I knew that his activism would get him booted out of the NFL.

His activism didn't get him booted out of the NFL. Not even close. The NFL doesn't work that way.

You only get negative media attention if you take a stance AGAINST gay marriage. Lots of NFL players support gay marriage; not just this loser.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His activism didn't get him booted out of the NFL. Not even close. The NFL doesn't work that way.

You only get negative media attention if you take a stance AGAINST gay marriage. Lots of NFL players support gay marriage; not just this loser.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? How did you pull that horrible (and that's being nice to you) argument out of our ass? OF COURSE if an NFL player says something stupid against gay marriage the league will lower the boom on them. They also will NOT punish a player supporting the issue as well.

However, this is NOT an NFL issue. It's about the Minnesota Vikings and their coaching staff. Seriously, your argument holds no water.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What in the blue hell are you talking about? How did you pull that horrible (and that's being nice to you) argument out of our ass? OF COURSE if an NFL player says something stupid against gay marriage the league will lower the boom on them. They also will NOT punish a player supporting the issue as well.

However, this is NOT an NFL issue. It's about the Minnesota Vikings and their coaching staff. Seriously, your argument holds no water.

And the coaching staff only gives a shit about a player's political comments if it brings negative media attention. And it wasn't the coaching staff that cut him; it was Rick Speilman the GM.