• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TW Trade Thread

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buh bye Trent.

3rd rounder probably 20 or later. Fine by me.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we delete this thread? Lol!

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy Trent's gone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy Trent's gone.

The new regime was certainly dealt a terrible hand. They did the best that they could considering the time and circumstances, but let's hope that those dick measuring contests are a thing of the past.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand his overall sentiment, but I think we got no where near his compensation we should have. IF Trent wanted out that bad, we should have made him buy his way out of it, at a minimum. This crap of players wanting to re do contracts, that they willingly signed, before their term has got to stop. If you don't like your deal (the entire term of the deal), then don't agree to it. But to sign a deal and then midway decide you don't like it so you hold out is bull shit. The way to stop it is have it hit the holdouts' wallets.
Build in buy out clauses into contracts. Player wants to leave early, here is what it costs THEM.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, knowing how close SF was last season, in order to pursue TW, we should have known Staley was retiring. This would put SF in a bind. I believe we could have gotten their second next season, maybe even their; however, I am glad to see the drama over.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more important to get rid of him - finally - and remove any uncertainties - waiting did nothing but lower the offers, and continuing to wait would have likely resulted in the same. In the end, the Skins did the right thing for the Skins - which is what matters.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time to get a first was last year when he still had two years on his contract and before a large Tackle class was available in the draft. Just another F-up by Bruce. Kyle and Ron did well. They did well to get two picks for a guy with only one year left on his deal.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What @Ruzious n @Sportster 72 said.

Last year's FO IE Bruce Allen fucked this up. Just like he fucked up dealing with Cousins. Trent getting in his feelings about RR not wanting to extend players with only a year left on their contract. Then nixing a trade to Minny were bitch moves that didn't do the Skins any favors. And while it didn't have anything to do with the Skins. The trades for Gronk who may still be a premier player and for Hopkins who most certainly is a premier player didn't do any favors for the Skins. It was time to cut bait with TW who rightly or wrongly had become a malcontent. I wish him the best and now RR and crew can get on about the business of hopefully returning the Skins to prominence.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This crap of players wanting to re do contracts, that they willingly signed, before their term has got to stop.

What if a player is out-performing the contract he signed. And if a player has to honor their contract to its end. Shouldn't a team be required to do the same thing?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if a player is out-performing the contract he signed. And if a player has to honor their contract to its end. Shouldn't a team be required to do the same thing?

yea just like a job they expect you to give them a 2 weeks notice if your gonna leave but when it comes to them laying you off or firing you they don't have to give you shit

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea just like a job they expect you to give them a 2 weeks notice if your gonna leave but when it comes to them laying you off or firing you they don't have to give you shit

Yeah, that happened to me once. I was a p/u and d/o truck driver for a store that sold electrical supplies wholesale. The company was located in the high desert area, Victorville, and my job was to pick up or drop off electrical supplies all over the Los Angeles, Riverside and Orange county areas.

They (the boss) repeatedly told me I was the best driver he ever had, but after working there for 3 months and coming back with a bunch of supplies from the LA area. The boss informed me he had to let me go that day due to no fault of my own. Business had simply declined to that level. It was cool though. That led to me getting what was was my fave legal job, that of an engineer (train driver) which was fun as hell for the first couple years.

So that worked out for me, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that those type of layoffs have hurt more workers, at least initially, than they've helped.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the difference. If the player outperforms their contract, they get a big ass raise on the next one.

If teams were required to pay contracts to their ends, players would hate that. The contracts would be shorter and give them no protection. Or teams would make the contracts far more performance based.

With the current set up, players are protected by guaranteed money because honestly that is all that really matters on these contracts. Teams are protected by the ability to terminate the contract. All of this is laid out in the CBA. If the players actually thought it was unfair, they wouldn’t sign the CBA.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walked that line too, when you get a tap on your shoulder and a "sorry about this but." Happens to most including Brady, Rice etc.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should they? If it’s in the contract, yes. Cousins has that in his contract.

as for players that out perform their contract? Well, that franchise better get their head out of their asses and contractually extend that player to keep him. You want those players.

I have two issues with Trent. First, he used a misleading excuse as to why he was holding out that threw some people, and their careers, under the bus, and, at the end of the day, all for more money. Second, when Trent signed his current contract, he was give a slew of upfront money and his deal was very front end loaded the first few years. It also made him the highest paid OL in the league at the time. He, his agent, and the team all knew that the last 2 years his annual salary would be flat. Thats the deal that he wanted. The team fulfilled their end of the bargain by paying him handsomely early. But some how he now seems to believe that he has been treated wrongly. Please.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I agree with what Kyle Smith said, it is done, it is over and I would like to move on. See you in week whatever.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Allen turned down a 1st rd draft pk last year for Trent.

WTF was Bruce doing for you all these years, Dan? Even non-nosy MFers wanna know. Fuckl.