• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turns Out The Fiasco Against Atlanta Was Huge After All

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok to point something out that's 'negative' or post any critique. But it needs to have some reasonable explanation of why? Just seems like in your case, you're trying hard to be negative just to be negative? Your negativity started WAY before the last four games.

A football team consists of more than a defense so when you say the defense blew the lead in four straight games, doesn't make sense to me? Is it the defenses responsibilty to score points so that it doesn't get to that 'last drive'?
Past performance isn't a reasonable explanation? No, it is their responsibility to stop someone on the final drive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Past performance isn't a reasonable explanation? No, it is their responsibility to stop someone on the final drive.

It shouldn't get to a 'final drive' where everything falls on the defense?!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't get to a 'final drive' where everything falls on the defense?!
Granted. But when it does an elite defense makes a stop. Here are some very disturbing facts:

Prior to the Saints game the 49ers were only giving up touchdowns on 31 percent of opponents drives inside the 20, since then it 80 %.
On drives that were goal to go, the 49ers were giving up touchdowns on 53% of those drives and since then its 90%. This defense is not good.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just predict the 49ers to be smoked by the Seahawks and be done with it.

I've never predicted the 49ers to get smoked this year. When they lose, and even two games that they won, its always been that the defense can't close the game and they lose at the end. I believe that is what will happen in Seattle simply because that's always what happens against the Seahawks.
I can hope but I can't force myself to believe something that I haven't seen 13 of the last 14 times they've played

@Montalban spent most of the season trying to convince us the 49ers were for real...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@M[B]ontalban[/B] spent most of the season trying to convince us the 49ers were for real...
They were until the injuries on defense took the teeth out of them. Losing Ford and Alexander was to much. Jones and Blair were big losses also. The offense is still very capable though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Granted. But when it does an elite defense makes a stop. Here are some very disturbing facts:

Prior to the Saints game the 49ers were only giving up touchdowns on 31 percent of opponents drives inside the 20, since then it 80 %.
On drives that were goal to go, the 49ers were giving up touchdowns on 53% of those drives and since then its 90%. This defense is not good.

All 49er fans.....reasonably thinking fans, already know we no longer have that elite defense. It was elite earlier in the season but lately it isn't, everyone knows that. Everyone also knows its mainly due to injuries. YOU know its due to injury because earlier you posted as such. YOU yourself posted five injured starters in the Atlanta game.

So by continuing to say this is an elite defense now, you're scenario above is already wrong.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They were until the injuries on defense took the teeth out of them. Losing Ford and Alexander was to much. Jones and Blair were big losses also. The offense is still very capable though.

Then why do you keep asking "when does an elite defense stop the final drive"?!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 49er fans.....reasonably thinking fans, already know we no longer have that elite defense. It was elite earlier in the season but lately it isn't, everyone knows that. Everyone also knows its mainly due to injuries. YOU know its due to injury because earlier you posted as such. YOU yourself posted five injured starters in the Atlanta game.

So by continuing to say this is an elite defense now, you're scenario above is already wrong.
I do. And I've presented that to you over and over. But it only matters what your defense is now, not what it was 8 weeks ago or even 4 weeks ago. I've simply stated that, as currently comprised, this is not a good defense and my stats bear that out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you keep asking "when does an elite defense stop the final drive"?!
"supposed" elite defense which is what we keep hearing he 49ers have.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"supposed" elite defense which is what we keep hearing he 49ers have.

Your being two faced.

You already know it isn't an elite defense like earlier, but then set-up your scenario basing it on an elite defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your being two faced.

You already know it isn't an elite defense like earlier, but then set-up your scenario basing it on an elite defense.
Anything new to add instead of this same old trite nonsense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anything new to add instead of this same old trite nonsense.

That's my point to you, you're the one pushing this "our elite defense is supposed to stop them on the final drive"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point to you, you're the one pushing this "our elite defense is supposed to stop them on the final drive"
If they want to be called elite they have to stop someone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then stop calling them elite.

you're the only one who's doing it now.
I don't. The pundits do and I'm correcting them with my statistics that show why they are a bad defense.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even with Seattle beat up at RB and heavily dinged on defense, they have the advantage over us b/c they're at home and they have Wilson. The Niners have struggled against mobile Qbs all year (Jackson, Murray, Wilson, etc.) and Wilson's seahawks seem to have the Niners' number.

Having said all that, if we're ever gonna beat Seattle, it's now. Yea, we've got injuries all over the defense, but so do they and for some weird reason, they've played relatively poorly at home. So this is our chance, and with the division title and HVA on the line, it's now or never.

No doubt its now or never.

I expect the 49ers to win big but IF we do lose, this will have a big negative effect in the play-offs. So the importance of this game can't be overstated. As in all games, take care of the ball and we'll win.

Just play sound technique meaning don't incur "poor decision" penalties. Poor decisions are mainly unsportmanlike conduct and unnecessary rougness. Not including Targetting here, that is just too bang-bang to avoid.

Wrap up on tackles, got that Marcell Harris and Ahkelo Witherspoon?