• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turns Out The Fiasco Against Atlanta Was Huge After All

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Seattle's collapse against Arizona today, the 49ers would have wrapped up the #1 seed had they not blown the game against Atlanta. A horrendous effort by the coaching staff and the players has now cost them big.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Seattle's collapse against Arizona today, the 49ers would have wrapped up the #1 seed had they not blown the game against Atlanta. A horrendous effort by the coaching staff and the players has now cost them big.

It is easy to say this now, but its tough to win every single game. That is why there are upsets every single week, in high school, college, and the NFL. Just ask New Orleans, Seattle, and Green Bay how hard it is to ALL the time? Injuries take their toll so our D isn't 'vaunted' like early on. At this point we need the offense to score earlier and often.

I don't like losing either but as it turns out we lost to the two teams that hurt the least - Baltimore and Atlanta. Cause we can still get the No. 1 seed throughout.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware the 49ers were eliminated from being the NFC West champions and #1 seed in the NFC.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to say this now, but its tough to win every single game. That is why there are upsets every single week, in high school, college, and the NFL. Just ask New Orleans, Seattle, and Green Bay how hard it is to ALL the time? Injuries take their toll so our D isn't 'vaunted' like early on. At this point we need the offense to score earlier and often.

I don't like losing either but as it turns out we lost to the two teams that hurt the least - Baltimore and Atlanta. Cause we can still get the No. 1 seed throughout.
I think Seattle, just like the 49ers did with Atlanta, got caught looking ahead to the next game and paid the price. I wouldn't mind the Atlanta loss so much if the players, and more importantly the coaches, had put in some effort for that game.
As for the bolded, you already know what I think about Seattle being in the 49ers' heads. They are the one team that we just can't seem to beat.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle, just like the 49ers did with Atlanta, got caught looking ahead to the next game and paid the price. I wouldn't mind the Atlanta loss so much if the players, and more importantly the coaches, had put in some effort for that game.
As for the bolded, you already know what I think about Seattle being in the 49ers' heads. They are the one team that we just can't seem to beat.

Just predict the 49ers to be smoked by the Seahawks and be done with it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never predicted the 49ers to get smoked this year. When they lose, and even two games that they won, its always been that the defense can't close the game and they lose at the end. I believe that is what will happen in Seattle simply because that's always what happens against the Seahawks.
I can hope but I can't force myself to believe something that I haven't seen 13 of the last 14 times they've played

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

haaaa

No, he claims he knows exactly what will happen, so i want more than just "the 49ers will lose".

How will they lose, how will the Coaches perform, the D, etc. Do this PRIOR to the game, not while you're breaking down the results.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never predicted the 49ers to get smoked this year. When they lose, and even two games that they won, its always been that the defense can't close the game and they lose at the end. I believe that is what will happen in Seattle simply because that's always what happens against the Seahawks.
I can hope but I can't force myself to believe something that I haven't seen 13 of the last 14 times they've played

What else? You claim to know what will happen and accurate on your predictions. Well go ahead and describe more than it'll be a close game, hell, even i can make a prediction like that.

Knowing Seattle doesn't have their regular RB's, i predict the 49ers will win by at least 14 points. Where this affects Seattle more isn't the straight up running, but pass protection and catching passes out of the backfield.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else? You claim to know what will happen and accurate on your predictions. Well go ahead and describe more than it'll be a close game, hell, even i can make a prediction like that.

Knowing Seattle doesn't have their regular RB's, i predict the 49ers will win by at least 14 points. Where this affects Seattle more isn't the straight up running, but pass protection and catching passes out of the backfield.

They are down to their fourth of fifth RB at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are down to their fourth of fifth RB at this point.

Seattle is more of a running team, so moif we lose this game then we deserve to be the Wildcard. No time for excuses, play a good game else lose a lot of what's built to date.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is more of a running team, so moif we lose this game then we deserve to be the Wildcard. No time for excuses, play a good game else lose a lot of what's built to date.

Carson has over 1,000 yards and was near the top of the league in rushing td's.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't just say it would be a close game, I said "The defense will let the team down again on the final drive and Seattle will win".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't just say it would be a close game, I said "The defense will let the team down again on the final drive and Seattle will win".

For someone who pumped his chest, is this all you got?! The Seahawks, Ravens, Saints, Atlanta, and Rams, were all close games that came down to the 'final' drive?

Like i said for the previous game, your "insight" isn't anything more.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting the 49ers will be down one point in the closing seconds and Robbie Gould will miss the game winning 69 yard field goal (what a scrub) and while doing it break his old leg and miss the rest of the season which will only be one game anyway because the 49ers will lose to the Eagles in the playoffs.

My best Montalban impression.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm predicting the 49ers will be down one point in the closing seconds and Robbie Gould will miss the game winning 69 yard field goal (what a scrub) and while doing it break his old leg and miss the rest of the season which will only be one game anyway because the 49ers will lose to the Eagles in the playoffs.

My best Montalban impression.

Not bad but not dire enough. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who pumped his chest, is this all you got?! The Seahawks, Ravens, Saints, Atlanta, and Rams, were all close games that came down to the 'final' drive?

Like i said for the previous game, your "insight" isn't anything more.
So its a given that the D will lose it in the end? Got it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So its a given that the D will lose it in the end? Got it.

No, the point is you have nothing more than the next guy.

No wait....you do have more negativity than the next guy, without sensible reasons.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the point is you have nothing more than the next guy.

No wait....you do have more negativity than the next guy, without sensible reasons.
Right. All the pundits are still raving about the 49er defense and touting it as a reason they will win instead of as a reason they will lose. But nice try.
No sensible reasons? 4 straight games of blowing the lead on the last drive isn't a pattern to you?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right. All the pundits are still raving about the 49er defense and touting it as a reason they will win instead of as a reason they will lose. But nice try.
No sensible reasons? 4 straight games of blowing the lead on the last drive isn't a pattern to you?

Its ok to point something out that's 'negative' or post any critique. But it needs to have some reasonable explanation of why? Just seems like in your case, you're trying hard to be negative just to be negative? Your negativity started WAY before the last four games.

A football team consists of more than a defense so when you say the defense blew the lead in four straight games, doesn't make sense to me? Is it the defenses responsibilty to score points so that it doesn't get to that 'last drive'?