• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tubbs Midseason Mock

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my mid season mock. These spots are where I think they will finish come seasons end. I will finish the rest of the analysis tomorrow. Weekly updates will follow.

1. Colts – Andrew Luck QB – Pretty self-explanatory. The best prospect in the draft to a team that seemingly needs a QB. The only question is whether they keep him or trade him for a king’s ransom and try to win with Manning. I’m guessing they keep him.
2. Rams – Justin Blackmon WR – The Rams went from sure fire division winner to 2nd worst team in the league. They need a lot, but Bradford has to get some weapons if they ever want him to grow. Blackmon seems like a man among boys in college and can do next year what AJ Green is doing this year.
3. Seahawks – Matt Barkley QB – The Whitehurst/Jackson experiment flopped badly. They need a new QB badly. Carroll has some history with Barkley and won’t hesitate to snatch him up to fill that void.
4. Dolphins – Robert Griffen III QB – Lets look back to a year ago to another athletic QB who could make big plays and his rise up the charts. And Griffen has been big play after big play for a bad team. The Dolphins need a QB who brings excitement and RG3 is just that. The fact that Newton is having such a great year this year only helps his cause, and he is already a much more polished passer than Newton was. Look around other mocks, they have RG3 here too.
5. Cardinals – Matt Kalil LT – The Cardinals just spent huge money on Kevin Kolb. If they want him to succeed they are going to have to keep him upright. Kalil is that elite LT prospect. He can protect Kolb and give him the chance to do what Zona paid him all that money too.
6. Redskins – Lance Jones QB – This is the QB I question whether will come out of not. I’ve read multiple things from regional scouts down there saying he should stay in school. However if he does come out, the Redskins have to draft a QB. It’s obvious Grossman and Beck aren’t working. Jones is the last of the elite QB prospects left in this draft.
7. Jaguars – Alshon Jeffrey WR – See Rams. Gabbert needs some weapons if they want him to succeed. He has MJD and that is a great start but he has no #1 WR. Mike Sims-Walker isn’t that. Jeffrey’s is an elite talent, much like AJ Green and can help Gabbert out straight away.
8. Denver Broncos – Trent Richardson RB – John Fox loves to run the ball and Richardson is the best RB prospect in this draft. Moreno is always hurt and McGahee has been a really nice surprise. They don’t believe in Tebow but there is no QB here to replace him in the 1st.
9. Browns – Quinton Coples DE – The Browns great a real good player here at the 9 spot. Coples is the best DE prospect in the draft and fills a major need for the Browns. Sheard has been good as a rookie this year but the other side is bad. This gives them a really good, young D-Line to go along with Haden and Ward in the secondary.
10. Panthers – Dre Kirkpatrick CB – The Panthers D is just bad. If they had a good D they would have 2-3 more wins this year with the way Newton, Smith and that offense is playing. Kirkpatrick can come in straight away and be a starting CB for them. He already has an NFL body and they really need CB’s.
11. Bengals (OAK) – Morris Claiborne CB – The Bengals could use a few things. But with Richardson gone and I don’t see an OG being worth the 11th pick, a CB to replace JJ would be a huge help. Clements has been inconsistent this year and is getting up there in age, Claiborne would replace him beautifully and give the Bengals a great CB tandem.
12. Vikings – Michael Floyd WR – The Vikings could use a LT and very well may take one, but I see them getting another weapon for Ponder. They have Harvin, and 2 TE’s, but they don’t really have that #1 WR. Floyd gives you that. He is physical and can make all the catches. Gives Ponder someone he can trust every play to throw the ball too.
13. Titans – Vonte Burfict LB
14. Chiefs – Jonathan Martin OT
15. Eagles – Luke Kuechly LB
16. Bills – Riley Reiff OT
17. Cowboys – Janoris Jenkins CB
18. Buccs – Zach Brown OLB
19. Bears – David Desctro OG
20. Jets – Courtney Upshaw 3-4OLB
21. Browns – Mike Adams OT
22. Steelers – Alfonzo Denard CB – I know I know, the Steelers don’t take CB’s in the 1st round. Eventually things have to change. Ike Taylor has been great this year, but the other side of the field is just kinda sad. Taylor is also 31, which isn’t ancient, but when you get into your 30’s you could hit that wall at any time. People also said the Ravens didn’t take CB’s in the 1st, hello Jimmy Smith.
23. Patriots (NO) – Brandon Thompson DT/DE
24. Patriots – Brandon Jenkins 3-4 OLB
25. Bengals – Mark Barron S – Our Safeties are bad. Crocker is old and can’t cover, and Nelson just makes a lot of mistakes. Sure we have Mays and Miles on the bench but Miles was an undrafted FA who hasn’t played much and Mays was just traded for a late round pick. Sorry if I don’t have much confidence in them. Barron has a first round grade (look around) and is the ball hawking S that the Bengals need. Yes we need OG but they can be found later. Plus Boling will be another year older.
26. Chargers – Alameda Ta’amu NT
27. Lions – Cordy Glenn OG/C/OT
28. 49’ers – Jayron Hosley CB
29. Texans – Mohamed Sanu WR
30. Giants – Manti Te’o ILB
31. Ravens – Jerel Worthy DE/DT
32. Packers – Stephon Gilmore CB

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like the Claiborne pick...hate the Barron pick. With 1B I'd look at Glenn or possibly LaMarr Miller. I'm pulling for a DeCastro, J.Jenkins round one yield.