• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TT v. Shitside- Most Popular (and annoying) Thread 2019/20 Season Style

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to credit whiteside for being an underachiever early in his career? And, of course, take away the role TT played for a title team?

Seems more like he's giving Whiteside credit for finally growing up and performing closer to his talent level.

As for TT, he got himself a contract that no one else was giving him. He's a very good role player. But he's not a difference maker. There are plenty of guys who can provide what he does. He was worth the money to the Cavs because Lebron wanted him and with rhe Cavs cap situation, they couldn't get someone to replace him. But, they could pay him.

I've said all along that I would love the Lakers to get him. But not at his current price. Although, to be fair, considering what has happened with salaries, he's closer to being worth that now than he was at the time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems more like he's giving Whiteside credit for finally growing up and performing closer to his talent level.

As for TT, he got himself a contract that no one else was giving him. He's a very good role player. But he's not a difference maker. There are plenty of guys who can provide what he does. He was worth the money to the Cavs because Lebron wanted him and with rhe Cavs cap situation, they couldn't get someone to replace him. But, they could pay him.

I've said all along that I would love the Lakers to get him. But not at his current price. Although, to be fair, considering what has happened with salaries, he's closer to being worth that now than he was at the time.
Mostly agree. Only disagreement is the "not at his current price". If the Lakers had a player or players the cavs would take who matched salaries and LA had a #1 sooner they could offer you wouldn't want him?

Saying not really possible to get him? I agree.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree. Only disagreement is the "not at his current price". If the Lakers had a player or players the cavs would take who matched salaries and LA had a #1 sooner they could offer you wouldn't want him?

Saying not really possible to get him? I agree.

If the Lakers could package a couple of guys for him, I wouldn't mind them taking on his salary. As I mentioned, he's closer to worth the salary now because of the way salaries have kind of exploded since he got his contract.

The problem would be that the guys that I think the Lakers would be willing to give up, aren't guys that the Cavs would be interested in. At least not without some decent draft picks attached, which the Lakers don't have.

Just took a quick look and it looks like the easiest trade as far as salaries (and guys the Lakers would actually trade), would be Javale McGee and KCP for TT.

I just don't see the Cavs being interested in something like that. Javale has actually played pretty well, but Dwight is starting to look like he's going to work out well which makes Javale expendable if they can get a guy like TT.

KCP is KCP...inconsistent and frustrating as hell.

Maybe they could throw Boogie in. That would be a nice piece for the Cavs if he could ever get healthy again. Although his attitude can be questionable at times and the Cavs may not want that around their kids.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers could package a couple of guys for him, I wouldn't mind them taking on his salary. As I mentioned, he's closer to worth the salary now because of the way salaries have kind of exploded since he got his contract.

The problem would be that the guys that I think the Lakers would be willing to give up, aren't guys that the Cavs would be interested in. At least not without some decent draft picks attached, which the Lakers don't have.

Just took a quick look and it looks like the easiest trade as far as salaries (and guys the Lakers would actually trade), would be Javale McGee and KCP for TT.

I just don't see the Cavs being interested in something like that. Javale has actually played pretty well, but Dwight is starting to look like he's going to work out well which makes Javale expendable if they can get a guy like TT.

KCP is KCP...inconsistent and frustrating as hell.

Maybe they could throw Boogie in. That would be a nice piece for the Cavs if he could ever get healthy again. Although his attitude can be questionable at times and the Cavs may not want that around their kids.
All I'm saying.....tell me the deal cannot get done I agree. Tell me the Lakers wouldn't want him and that's absurd (whether due to salary, contract, etc).

Players Cavs might want Lakers wont give up. And not sure why they'd take bad players or contracts for him....without getting a first or more with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying.....tell me the deal cannot get done I agree. Tell me the Lakers wouldn't want him and that's absurd (whether due to salary, contract, etc).

Players Cavs might want Lakers wont give up. And not sure why they'd take bad players or contracts for him....without getting a first or more with it.

Exactly. The Lakers would be crazy to not have interest in him if there was a deal that could be done.

He gets regular double doubles with no plays run for him, he knows how to play with Lebron and he can defend the perimeter...plus, this is the last year of his contract, so he could be brought back at a lower price and he's only 28.

There's a lot to like.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Lakers would be crazy to not have interest in him if there was a deal that could be done.

He gets regular double doubles with no plays run for him, he knows how to play with Lebron and he can defend the perimeter...plus, this is the last year of his contract, so he could be brought back at a lower price and he's only 28.

There's a lot to like.
Just hope he keeps playing how he has started off the season so they can sell high if they want to move him.....though not sure who would want him AND has something they could/would give up for him the Cavs would want.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope he keeps playing how he has started off the season so they can sell high if they want to move him.....though not sure who would want him AND has something they could/would give up for him the Cavs would want.

It depends on whether or not the Cavs want to "do right by him". Assuming the Cavs were to move him, he deserves to be traded to a contender.

The problem, as you mention, is that I doubt any contenders have much that they are willing to give up that the Cavs would want.

So, do they take a lesser deal as a "Thank you" to TT? Or go with the very best offer, even if it comes from a bottom feeder?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on whether or not the Cavs want to "do right by him". Assuming the Cavs were to move him, he deserves to be traded to a contender.

The problem, as you mention, is that I doubt any contenders have much that they are willing to give up that the Cavs would want.

So, do they take a lesser deal as a "Thank you" to TT? Or go with the very best offer, even if it comes from a bottom feeder?
Very best offer......TT's deal expiring so not like he'd be locked into a bad situation for long if he wanted out. That said, don't see why a bottom feeder wants him.

Cs could probably use his size. Has to be something they could offer up if they wanted him with all their assets.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to credit whiteside for being an underachiever early in his career? And, of course, take away the role TT played for a title team?

You act like Whiteside was projected to be a max NBA player, then screwed up, then found his way back.
He wasn't. so what he accomplished makes it even more impressive.

As far as TT, we all know the story of what he got, why he got it, etc..

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like Whiteside was projected to be a max NBA player, then screwed up, then found his way back.

They both started life with the same chance to work hard and be a top pick. TT did, Whiteside didn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whiteside fell in the draft because he was an asshole.

thompson went ahead of where his physical abilities would have likely landed him in the draft because of his work ethic and leadership and that he was a great teammate with an A+ motor.

Whiteside has squandered his physical gifts at every turn and bitched and complained and disappointed while Thompson has done the complete opposite and maximized his physical talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both started life with the same chance to work hard and be a top pick. TT did, Whiteside didn't.
despite whiteside having physical gifts that few in the NBA have.

I always get a kick out of how so many guys in the NBA say that there are TONS AND TONS of guys with enormous talent, but that so few make it because so few can match the talent with the right attitude and work ethic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you started life with same chance to work hard and be a top pick then?

What happened?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiteside fell in the draft because he was an asshole.

thompson went ahead of where his physical abilities would have likely landed him in the draft because of his work ethic and leadership and that he was a great teammate with an A+ motor.

Whiteside has squandered his physical gifts at every turn and bitched and complained and disappointed while Thompson has done the complete opposite and maximized his physical talent.

Maybe he was?
He probably was.

Thanks for validating my point.
Despite the past history, he changed whatever was needed to be the only player to go from a minimum to having multiple teams offer a max.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was?
He probably was.

Despite the past history, he changed whatever was needed to be the only player to go from a minimum to having multiple teams offer a max.

geeze, talk about SKEWERING a guy for years...

WiggityWack is NEVER gonna let this go. lol you might as well have shot him between the eyes with a 12 gauge, TurnUp. that's how deep this Whiteside "bullet" is buried in his brain...

how many years has it been...?:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeze, talk about SKEWERING a guy for years...

WiggityWack is NEVER gonna let this go. lol you might as well have shot him between the eyes with a 12 gauge, TurnUp. that's how deep this Whiteside "bullet" is buried in his brain...

how many years has it been...?:lol:

So many that he might have reached puberty by now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you started life with same chance to work hard and be a top pick then?

What happened?
6-0, white/Jewish and bad knees all through HS? Probably a conversion and a couple good knees away.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again

Whiteside has good stats but his team loses. It happens all the time

just look at his counter part- Ivica Zubac

20 minutes- 15 points.

Whiteside SUCKS. He does not help a team. he hurts it.

expensive trash

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again

Whiteside has good stats but his team loses. It happens all the time

just look at his counter part- Ivica Zubac

20 minutes- 15 points.

Whiteside SUCKS. He does not help a team. he hurts it.

expensive trash

Gotta admit, yesterday Whiteside was trash.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was?
He probably was.

Antoine Walker got a huge contract too. LOL...there are TONS AND TONS of pro athletes that got big contracts that were humongous mistakes and did not end up deserving them in the slightest.

your biggest defense of whiteside that you keep going back to is that he got a huge contract that his team ended up regretting in a huge a way. WHOOP D FUCKING DOO.