• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

True story: 'the PAC South is 0 - 7 in PAC-12 championship games'

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting up for a UW vs USC Pac 12 Championship, which would be a great matchup and honestly a good toss up.
week 4
only 2 conference games have been played
7 teams coming in at 3-0 overall
only 2 teams with a single loss
but, yeah, totally setting up for that. no other teams have any chance at this point

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did we start caring which division the winner of the conference comes from? I mean now the conference championship could decide if one goes to the playoff but the PAC has always cared more about winning the Rose Bowl. No one really cared if you won the PAC but lost the Rose Bowl to a Michigan or Wisconsin or Ohio State and most PAC fans I've known over the years couldn't care less if someone in their division won it if it wasn't them.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week 4
only 2 conference games have been played
7 teams coming in at 3-0 overall
only 2 teams with a single loss
but, yeah, totally setting up for that. no other teams have any chance at this point

Didn't say that. However, Washington doesn't look like it's missed a beat, where in the South you have USC playing well in a division that has a decent Buffs team and a somewhat better Utah team.

The North is again the most interesting. It won't be won by Cal or Oregon State. Wazzou always loses a game that they shouldn't, and Stanford doesn't look great thus far. The leave Oregon and Washington, and in terms of talent, I think it's the Huskies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that. However, Washington doesn't look like it's missed a beat, where in the South you have USC playing well in a division that has a decent Buffs team and a somewhat better Utah team.

The North is again the most interesting. It won't be won by Cal or Oregon State. Wazzou always loses a game that they shouldn't, and Stanford doesn't look great thus far. The leave Oregon and Washington, and in terms of talent, I think it's the Huskies.
You mean 3-0 Cal who probably has the best resume out of anyone in the conference with wins over North Carolina and Ole Miss.
not to mention the conference is never that predictable. Last year no one saw Colorado coming and while a lot picked UW there were also those that thought they were still a year away.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t get me wrong, the Trojans have Sam Darnold and some great talent, but a lot of that talent, including Darnold is young. They have not won any title or a playoff game yet.

This is the one main thing that concerns me if we make the PACCCG. Many of the guys that we will rely on have little experience in any kind of big games. Some weren't even around for or didn't play in the Rose Bowl last year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one main thing that concerns me if we make the PACCCG. Many of the guys that we will rely on have little experience in any kind of big games. Some weren't even around for or didn't play in the Rose Bowl last year.
Why is my name in that quote? I never posted that and you know it.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean 3-0 Cal who probably has the best resume out of anyone in the conference with wins over North Carolina and Ole Miss.
not to mention the conference is never that predictable. Last year no one saw Colorado coming and while a lot picked UW there were also those that thought they were still a year away.

Yes, the same Cal that did beat a bad UNC team, and an even worse Ole Miss team, neither very convincingly. Which by the way, is nothing compared to USC's wins over a Western Michigan team that has only lost in LA and on the road in East Lansing, Stanford, and Texas.

I agree the PAC is rarely consistent and predictable. I would love for Colorado to repeat what happened last year, but let's be honest, all dreams the Ducks have are getting squashed this weekend against the Forks. #MarkItDown

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

pac12north.jpg
Just call it the liberal North Division!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always seems like the crowd at Pac12 ccg's is subdued for some reason. That Texas-USC game had big time atmosphere. Tough fought victory that can mold a team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always seems like the crowd at Pac12 ccg's is subdued for some reason. That Texas-USC game had big time atmosphere. Tough fought victory that can mold a team.
They play that game on Friday night at Levi's field ... home of the Niners and it's lucky to be half full. They need to play it on Saturday nights at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas when it's finished.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's because it's not held at a campus stadium or that PAC fans didn't really ever care to have a ccg (I think most of us preferred 10 teams and a round robin schedule).

Probably a bit of both.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play that game on Friday night at Levi's field ... home of the Niners and it's lucky to be half full. They need to play it on Saturday nights at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas when it's finished.
I like that. A somewhat neutral site and who doesn't like traveling to Vegas? I can get flights on SW for under a hundred sometimes from Phx and LA. I'm sure it's cheap for every team on the west and it's a better location than Santa Clara imo.

Moving it to Saturday would make more sense. And don't play it soo late at night.

Last edited:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone has witnessed what it's like to have that stadium more than half full

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has witnessed what it's like to have that stadium more than half full
I really think it was a mistake putting it 40 miles out, but Jed York has made numerous questionable decisions now

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a lopsided conference championship

Conference championship week in general seems a bit overrated

in the ACC the last time the Coastal champ won was in 2010

in the SEC the East champion hasn't won since Urban Meyer won the SEC at Florida

the Big 10 has had the East division champ win every year since they realigned the divisions (as stupid as the Legends and Leaders thing was it actually did make for a rather balanced conference)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it was a mistake putting it 40 miles out, but Jed York has made numerous questionable decisions now

York is an awful owner, there's a reason they're one of the worst franchises right now

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a lopsided conference championship

Conference championship week in general seems a bit overrated

in the ACC the last time the Coastal champ won was in 2010

in the SEC the East champion hasn't won since Urban Meyer won the SEC at Florida

the Big 10 has had the East division champ win every year since they realigned the divisions (as stupid as the Legends and Leaders thing was it actually did make for a rather balanced conference)
And the Big12 is going to have a guaranteed rematch every year. Might even see OK and OKst play back-to-back, although that kind of excites me as someone with no vested interest in either team.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that. A somewhat neutral site and who doesn't like traveling to Vegas? I can get flights on SW for under a hundred sometimes from Phx and LA. I'm sure it's cheap for every team on the west and it's a better location that Santa Clara imo.

Moving it to Saturday would make more sense. And don't play it soo late at night.
This ^^ ... cheap flights & hotels not to mention Vegas family packages. That and like you pointed out its centrally located.