• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trout vs Cabrera

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an LA fan. I expect you to defend Trout. He is a terrific player. Right now Cabrera is on a whole different level than everyone else.

Btw Doyer fans get defensive over your diva team and Puig in general all the time.

Bums is just trolling. Trolling Tiger fans is one of his favorite things on this site. Trout is fantastic. In my mind he validated what he did for most of last season. He's the real deal. I was one of those who questioned his play down the stretch in 2012. I'd give it to him this season, but I think the MVP should go to someone on a contender unless a guy is just head & shoulders above everyone else. I'll be surprised if it's close between Miggy & Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels had a better record than the Tigers in September. Angels were 19-11 in September and the Tigers were 18-13. They went 13-15 in August because their pitching got destroyed that month (172 runs allowed). Trout's August wasn't as good as his May-July, but he still batted .284/.350/.500 with 7 HR and 19 RBI. His sOPS+ (split relative to league's split OPS+) was 138, which is still very good.

So no, Trout wasn't one of the reasons they missed. And they didn't fold at the end. They folded in August though.

Last edited by a moderator:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap Stan....now this post is brilliant....and thank you...you said it well enough for me that I don't need to say another word on this topic.

Chris Davis it is...2014 AL MVP

How is davis MVP? he shouldnt get it because you are just a miggy hater. It wasnt my argument last year, mine was that miggy had the better season han trout (he did) and was more valuable to the tigers than trout was to he angels ( he was). The same thing can be said again this year and the injury to miggy only illustrates just how valuable he was to the team. The lineup just stopped hitting, period. His numbers BTW still were best in baseball across the board, again even with the lingering injury. There really is not a debate here, in fact theres less of a debate than there was last year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about last season of course. This season just straight up looking at the numbers and team record, Cabrera is better. Trout is definitely the future of MLB.

As is miggy. He has quite a few amazing years left in him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums is just trolling. Trolling Tiger fans is one of his favorite things on this site. Trout is fantastic. In my mind he validated what he did for most of last season. He's the real deal. I was one of those who questioned his play down the stretch in 2012. I'd give it to him this season, but I think the MVP should go to someone on a contender unless a guy is just head & shoulders above everyone else. I'll be surprised if it's close between Miggy & Davis.

Agree about bums, i think hes the biggest tigers hater on sportshoopla.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Tigers fans get defensive, and it doesn't matter who posts....love the counterpoint used by Tigers fans..."your a troll""your trolling""your just a hater"....all credible and strong points thoroughly strengthing any discussion...

Fact - Tigers fans discredited Trout last year because what his statistics were over the last 6 weeks of the season and stated "repeatly" by numberous tiger fans..."You can't give an MVP to guy who sucks down the stretch when it counts the most"

Fact II - Miggy sucked (injuried or not) the last 6 weeks of the season this year and now want to throw out reasons why its ok to suck the last 6 weeks of the season and still be given the MVP (outside of the fact that the Tigers fans just want to win a personal achivement award to justify they have a quality team)

but hey, carry on, great topic and definately not much I can add since Trustme told me so..better get Trustmemyopionsareright in this topic so we can be properly edjumicated ie enlitend on the subjet.

You mean the truth by tigers fans? Heres a tip, when every single one of them calls you a hater, a troll etc they might be onto something. Did you think we forgot when you came over to our board to troll hate on our players for no real reason? We werent playing the royals at the time. So lets see, fact you trolled our board and hated on JV saying he was washed up etc. Do you see tigers fans making statements about stan marsh being a troll and a hater for his original post? No? Well damn, I guess we are onto something. Reality man, live it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout is the best everyday player in MLB. Over my 35 years of being a baseball fan, I have heard various definitions of "valuable" that seems to change as often as the wind direction. I personally think there isn't much value created between last and second place so the winner of the award should come from a playoff team, or at least a contender to the end. That said, I acknowledge that it is absurd to say that Trout's play benefits his team's success less than Miggy's does. If Trout's numbers were head and shoulder's better than Miggy's I would have no problem with him receiving award but that isn't the case. Miggy is the MVP.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout is the best everyday player in MLB. Over my 35 years of being a baseball fan, I have heard various definitions of "valuable" that seems to change as often as the wind direction. I personally think there isn't much value created between last and second place so the winner of the award should come from a playoff team, or at least a contender to the end. That said, I acknowledge that it is absurd to say that Trout's play benefits his team's success less than Miggy's does. If Trout's numbers were head and shoulder's better than Miggy's I would have no problem with him receiving award but that isn't the case. Miggy is the MVP.

I agree, Trout looks like a future multi MVP winner, but unfortunately for him he did not deserve it last year nor does he deserve this season more than Miggy does... As for who i would rather have on my Real or fantasy team, i would probably want trout over miggy, but it is not even a question that miggy should get the MVP this season...

It is not a question for the AL MVP, AL CY, NL CY...
The only question this season is to who wins the NL MVP...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Trout looks like a future multi MVP winner, but unfortunately for him he did not deserve it last year nor does he deserve this season more than Miggy does... As for who i would rather have on my Real or fantasy team, i would probably want trout over miggy, but it is not even a question that miggy should get the MVP this season...

It is not a question for the AL MVP, AL CY, NL CY...
The only question this season is to who wins the NL MVP...

This is very debatable.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about last season of course. This season just straight up looking at the numbers and team record, Cabrera is better. Trout is definitely the future of MLB.

Cabrera at this time is the better hitter and has more power, but Trout is the much better baseball player. There is actually no comparison when you compare what both do on the playing field. Cabrera is prretty much one dimensional while Trout is, recognizably, the best all around player in the game today. Trout can win games with his legs, arm, glove and bat. Cabrera can on win games with his bat.