• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trouble in Seahawks locker room??

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk WR Ben Obomanu went on the radio and shared that there are some players who felt the pass play called on the goal line was a conspiracy to try and get Russell Wilson the MVP instead of Lynch. Whether there is any validity to this is really secondary to the fact that this kind of thing is even being discussed among the players. If this is being said publicly, you have to wonder what is being said in the front office, locker room, etc. Wonder if this is something that will spill into training camp over the summer and how much this is going to play in contract negotiations with Lynch.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Obamanu hasn't been on the Seahawks for a several seasons.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a test of this team's and specifically, Wilson's mettle. Tough one to bounce back from. Wilson's got a ring already....but he doesn't seem like he's satisfied. Can the team hold it together? That is a tougher question to answer.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may or may not have actually heard that directly from people he knows in the locker room.

The person who started the thread pretty obviously thought he was still playing with the Seahawks.

Anyway, I notice that he's done with football, and I'd be surprised if he weren't looking to get a job in tv/radio commentary. That'll get his foot in the door a little bit more, I'm betting, so good for him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean he has cut all ties with his friends on the team?

No but the OP was clearly suggesting that Obamanu was a player on the team and that this was a big deal because players were openly making the claim.

That isn't the case. A former player is saying that he heard this.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sticks.
What is in it for Ben to say this?
If he wants to be known as a leak, he just alienated many of his "buds" because the Seahawks are pretty firm in their keeping it amongst themselves in the locker room mentality.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the offseason. Rumours like these will pop up until theres real football to write and report. I wouldn't put much stock into this allegation.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most of the game Lynch was stopped,.......I would've thought Russell was the ~MVP~ Even if they ran it in and won,.......m.-op..

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, Lynch came alive in the second half as is his MO...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most of the game Lynch was stopped,.......I would've thought Russell was the ~MVP~ Even if they ran it in and won,.......m.-op..
102 yards on 24 carries with a touchdown=most the game was 'stopped'?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was not aware that Obomanu was no longer on the team. With that said, I still think there are some serious issues in Seattle. Not saying that they cannot be overcome, but it will be interesting to see how the Seahawks deal with Lynch's contract during the offseason.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk WR Ben Obomanu went on the radio and shared that there are some players who felt the pass play called on the goal line was a conspiracy to try and get Russell Wilson the MVP instead of Lynch. Whether there is any validity to this is really secondary to the fact that this kind of thing is even being discussed among the players. If this is being said publicly, you have to wonder what is being said in the front office, locker room, etc. Wonder if this is something that will spill into training camp over the summer and how much this is going to play in contract negotiations with Lynch.

Do you honestly think anyone on the coaching staff would care enough about who won MVP over winning the Lombardi for themselves ???
Preposterous, and with a name that begins with Obama, shouldn't he have just voted present ? :drum:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think anyone on the coaching staff would care enough about who won MVP over winning the Lombardi for themselves ???
Preposterous, and with a name that begins with Obama, shouldn't he have just voted present ? :drum:

The article wasn't about LPF's opinion, it was about the locker room.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't new news. A lot was made out of this last week.

This came from a radio interview on KJR Seattle. The media (as they always seem to do) made a lot more out of it than the actual conversation conveyed.

On Friday the same interviewer had him back on the radio to clarify what he said and what he meant.

Players did make comments wondering about such things and it wasn't just after the end of the game during the heat of the moment, but it's not unlike you making small talk about your boss after hours. He said there wasn't dissension among those players and he had zero doubt (as well as the players he spoke to) that it will all be cleared up and they will all be on the same page long before the kickoff of the season.

Ben said he knows very well how great Pete is at getting everything up on the table and out of the way and getting his players ready mentally, as well as physically, for the season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn't an article at all.

it was a currently inactive player who hasn't been with Seattle in a few years saying some unnamed player told him something.

Looks at OP again*

Oh well, I'm not putting much stock into this former player.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was not aware that Obomanu was no longer on the team. With that said, I still think there are some serious issues in Seattle. Not saying that they cannot be overcome, but it will be interesting to see how the Seahawks deal with Lynch's contract during the offseason.
Yes, I agree there are.
Marshawn's status.
Injuries to Lane, ET, Kam, and Sherm that were late in the season.
Doubtful we keep Maxwell due to his expected cap hit.
Yet, this team does a good job of overcoming adversity and almost pulled off another Lombardi.
On the plus side, we were #4 in players IR'd this year and health is coming along slowly.
The Seahawk will have a larger # of draft picks this year...apx 10.
The team should have about $20-$25 million under the cap to take care of the ones they want to.