• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trivia Thread: Who is the only player to be traded for himself?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to throw in a few more questions:

Who is the only player to win the MVP award despite leading the league in both errors and strikeouts?

This one bugged me so bad that I had to research it. And, now that I did, I would be just as impressed as I would be suspicious if someone were to get this one correct.

You are a good question asker Soxfan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically correct, but since the first All-Star game wasn't held until 1933 and Jimmie Foxx won the MVP in 1932 I wasn't counting him. I guess I should have been more specific. I didn't realize it would become an issue. Justin Morneau is one and there are two others.

Jimmie Foxx won MVP in '32, but he also won in '33.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah....he only led the league in errors for his position.

As you are the only one trying on this one, let me give you a hint. It is in the form of a question.

Who would you consider the most random MVP winner ever?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people know that Kirk Gibson is the only player to win an MVP award and never play in an All-Star game, but who are the only 3 players who won the MVP before appearing in their first All-Star Game?

can I have a bye since he didn't play in the '33 ASG?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While screwing around researching Foxx, I did discover that Hank Greenberg actually won the MVP award in '35 before getting his first ASG nod in '37.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While screwing around researching Foxx, I did discover that Hank Greenberg actually won the MVP award in '35 before getting his first ASG nod in '37.

I was nowhere near close to that being the correct answer. I was thinking along the right path though I see, as it had to be someone both very good, and, playing at the same time as other as good or better players. Like the 1B spot in the A.L in the 1930's.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the TWO college's that are tied for the most Heisman Trophy Winners and how many do they have?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the TWO college's that are tied for the most Heisman Trophy Winners and how many do they have?

My general baseball knowledge tells me it is Notre Dame and The Ohio State with seven each - and USC a little bit pissed at Reggie Bush.....

I'd also like to propose a new thread for each question. In the title, just put "Trivia: MVP" or "Trivia: Stolen Bases" or whatever.... Each could have it own further discussions or extensions...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My general baseball knowledge tells me it is Notre Dame and The Ohio State with seven each - and USC a little bit pissed at Reggie Bush.....

I'd also like to propose a new thread for each question. In the title, just put "Trivia: MVP" or "Trivia: Stolen Bases" or whatever.... Each could have it own further discussions or extensions...

You are correct on both accounts Steve - Yeah, I originally just started this thread as the one question then realized I should have made it a trivia thread. Hammer was able to change the title... Perhaps he can again.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct on both accounts Steve - Yeah, I originally just started this thread as the one question then realized I should have made it a trivia thread. Hammer was able to change the title... Perhaps he can again.

No need to change this thread.... Just start a new one for the next question.

(Maybe I'll think of one)...