• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

On the one hand, the more of this sort of stuff that comes out, the better. On the other...

"Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more."

Screw this guy. The "effective deregulation" has been haphazard at best and willfully harmful to consumers and citizens at worst, and the "historic tax reform" helps no one who actually needed it, to say nothing of how completely unnecessary investment into the robustness of the military is.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Frum refers to that anonymous NYT op-ed piece as a attempted cowardly coup...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Frum refers to that anonymous NYT op-ed piece as a attempted cowardly coup...

People have put their analytical hats on and think the anonymous Trump senior official is Mike Pence.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have put their analytical hats on and think the anonymous Trump senior official is Mike Pence.

Im betting your brother in laws cucumber farm its ivanka ::yo:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously it probably is Jeff Sessions.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's TRE45ON...

Yes, you have. At least three times by my count.

Im betting your brother in laws cucumber farm its ivanka ::yo:

Seriously it probably is Jeff Sessions.

Whoever it is, it will only give credence to the "Q" movement. It is going to legitimize the fucking wingnuts. All they have to do is say they were wrong, their insider isn't Trump it's _______.

And while I am glad that this will cause the Bloviating Cheeto to derail, whoever it is is a fucking coward. They are not a hero. If they truly loved their country, they would not be trying to subvert the executive branch. They would stand against party and tell the truth. If the guy is unfit, work to remove him. The country should be put above the writer's party. They don't want the whole truth to come out, because it will affect future elections. And their party will not come out ahead.

And fuck anyone who thinks the Tax Cuts and Deregulation are good ideas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Facebook friend of mine said, not enough "Mother"s to be Pence.

But more seriously, there was an element of cheek to the Op-Ed. It couldn't be Pence. He doesn't have a personality.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i love that the odds are up already
It's not Pence. Pence is literally the brains behind almost every Trump policy and is on a highway straight to the 2024 GOP nom. He has zero reason to do something like this. That "lodestar" was put in there for exactly this sort of misinformation - leakers have been doing that since forever.

I also think it's somebody directly in the West Wing - as public as the figures are, the cabinet doesn't actually spend much time around the president. This rules out people like Sessions, DeVos etc.

It could be someone in the communications area but that department really only has two "senior officials" - Bill Shine (no) and Huckasanders (eh. 15% chance maybe? She may have gotten sick of being called a liar).

My guess is it isn't a higher-up, it's someone's underling. One of the undersecretaries who have a shit ton of meetings at the WH.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rules out people like Sessions, DeVos etc.

Every word was spelled correctly, this also rules out DeVos.

Agreed, it's not a "name". It's an Undersecretary to the assistant to the head of the department of the secretary's assistants.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.