• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is a keeper.
If I print it out on a glossy 8X10 and send it to you will you autograph it for me? I’ll even include a self addressed stamped envelope to sweeten the offer.
Sure, send it postage due and I will use my company's postage meter. I'll throw in a shot a shot of me autographing it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet thread ...

Last edited:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no one will take any real hard look at the loss of GM, Beth Steel and the Docks' jobs and the brilliant idea to replace all that with an Aquarium and light rail and why that didn't miraculously fix everything. All this shit started in the 80's.

There is no use looking beyond the desired target to find any real reasons for the problems.

And that wasn't the point. The point was to attack a political rival, once again a minority political rival. Justifying the attacks at all by pointing out any truths or perceived truths in them is wrong. At least the way I see it.

So when I see new organizations running stories about Baltimore's problems the last two days, go fuck themselves. The story is, once again, the president is making racist attacks. Actually following his narrative is just making everything worse.

I assert that no candidate has ever benefited from the the media more than trump. They do not call his lies lies, his racist comments are not called out for what they are.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no use looking beyond the desired target to find any real reasons for the problems.

And that wasn't the point. The point was to attack a political rival, once again a minority political rival. Justifying the attacks at all by pointing out any truths or perceived truths in them is wrong. At least the way I see it.

So when I see new organizations running stories about Baltimore's problems the last two days, go fuck themselves. The story is, once again, the president is making racist attacks. Actually following his narrative is just making everything worse.

I assert that no candidate has ever benefited from the the media more than trump. They do not call his lies lies, his racist comments are not called out for what they are.
He didn't pick on my hometown, but plenty of people do for similar reasons, so I can see where you're coming from.

However, I disagree with the bolded somewhat. Maybe it's a lost cause (yeah, I know, it probably is), but the way I see it, you have to provide some explanation for some of this stuff. Otherwise idiots look at places like Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Baltimore and make comments about how they were run into the ground because they were all run by Commucrats or some other garbage and they don't look beyond that.

They simplify the arguments by saying that everyone is moving south from those places because Demcrap politics made them unlivable shitholes and now we're trying to replicate that in the south. None of that ever contemplates the real reason why these places struggled for so long in the first place. And yeah, some of it was certainly corruption, mismanagement, and poor decision making, but plenty of it was related to economic factors that were beyond the scope of the politicians.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Eric this much, he seems to stay pretty quiet in comparison to Donj.

Which is funny because I always thought Eric had the stupider-looking face and thus would be the one out there being stupid.
So I guess this means in 2024 that Don jr will run for president and Eric will be his VP?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't pick on my hometown, but plenty of people do for similar reasons, so I can see where you're coming from.

However, I disagree with the bolded somewhat. Maybe it's a lost cause (yeah, I know, it probably is), but the way I see it, you have to provide some explanation for some of this stuff. Otherwise idiots look at places like Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Baltimore and make comments about how they were run into the ground because they were all run by Commucrats or some other garbage and they don't look beyond that.

They simplify the arguments by saying that everyone is moving south from those places because Demcrap politics made them unlivable shitholes and now we're trying to replicate that in the south. None of that ever contemplates the real reason why these places struggled for so long in the first place. And yeah, some of it was certainly corruption, mismanagement, and poor decision making, but plenty of it was related to economic factors that were beyond the scope of the politicians.

I see what you mean, and I understand the need for some to defend areas when someone attacks them even though I agree it will probably do little good.

My argument is, and I am probably not explaining it well, is about news organizations and other people pointing out some possible truths in a racial attack. Its a racial political attack, it should be treated as such - not as good faith criticism.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the problem? Are there rats behind the mountains of garbage or something? I mean, other than the two big ones in the photo.

I hear ya. My beef is with the people who are all outraged that there is backlash because there happens to be a modicum of truth in this statement by Trump (the same can be said for every major city in the US, by the way.). No one wants to talk about his motivation for doing it, and by the same token no one wants to look at why those problems that "the black politicians" haven't fixed even happened now that there's attention to. No desire to "fix" it. They just want to fall into goose-step behind him. It's just deflection and whataboutism. It's been so fucking maddening to watch, and I get to watch it from afar.

Meanwhile:
qubhxh6wxgd31.jpg

Citation:
These are the 25 worst counties to live in. Did yours make the list?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian “balloon headed motherfucker” Gorka.

:dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no one will take any real hard look at the loss of GM, Beth Steel and the Docks' jobs and the brilliant idea to replace all that with an Aquarium and light rail and why that didn't miraculously fix everything. All this shit started in the 80's.

*Looks at map*

Yep. That woulda been my guy too.

He also apparently said Maya Angelou was a communist.

Good to know he mixes up the words "communist" and "genius."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving to Virginia. Getting more purple by the minute. Hope it stays blue in 2020 and that Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan wake the fuck up.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia is either for losers or lovers, I'm not sure as I couldn't get close enough to the car in front of me to make it out on the license plate. With that being said, you've probably got your bases covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.