• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my car is getting a heart transplant this week. It had defective pistons and rings since new and they are being replaced. In the meantime I have been given a 2019 A3 to drive.

I am so fucking annoyed at all the unnecessary electronic nannies built in. Like every time I pull into my garage, it keeps beeping warning me that something is there. Yeah, I know. It's a fucking wall. It's what makes it a garage. It also has a "feature" that turns the car off when I am stopped. So it shudders when I move again. I don't know if any of you live in a city, but stop and go traffic happens. And it's annoying. So I have been very displeased with unnecessary technology.

I can't imagine what kind of brain damage I would need to suffer that would make me download an app to tighten my shoes.

When this car dies, I am buying a 1986 Porsche 911 and driving it's simplistic ass until I die.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, my car is getting a heart transplant this week. It had defective pistons and rings since new and they are being replaced. In the meantime I have been given a 2019 A3 to drive.

I am so fucking annoyed at all the unnecessary electronic nannies built in. Like every time I pull into my garage, it keeps beeping warning me that something is there. Yeah, I know. It's a fucking wall. It's what makes it a garage. It also has a "feature" that turns the car off when I am stopped. So it shudders when I move again. I don't know if any of you live in a city, but stop and go traffic happens. And it's annoying. So I have been very displeased with unnecessary technology.

I can't imagine what kind of brain damage I would need to suffer that would make me download an app to tighten my shoes.

When this car dies, I am buying a 1986 Porsche 911 and driving it's simplistic ass until I die.
7389967-1975-mercury-grand-marquis-brougham-std.jpg

Buy this instead so when someone hits into the vehicle you won't feel it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There should be a button to turn off the autostart. My parents keep an A3 in Portugal and it resets to the on position everytime you start it but you can push a button to turn it off. Unless they removed it.

The beeping you're stuck with I think lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He realizes that the BMW plant in South Carolina is responsible for the vast majority of Beemers in the States, right?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GF drives a new Jetta. Lovely car with one obnoxious little exception: when the outside temperature drops to 39 degrees, it brings and warns you. According to the owner's manual it's a safety feature that can't be disabled. Because I feel much safer when I'm driving down the highway and an alarm sounds suddenly, making me jump and take my eyes off the road.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GF drives a new Jetta. Lovely car with one obnoxious little exception: when the outside temperature drops to 39 degrees, it brings and warns you. According to the owner's manual it's a safety feature that can't be disabled. Because I feel much safer when I'm driving down the highway and an alarm sounds suddenly, making me jump and take my eyes off the road.

Exactly. First time I was pulling into my garage it started binging away and distracted me an I almost took out my rack of bikes. And if you know anything about me it's that I have a lot of really expensive bikes.

He realizes that the BMW plant in South Carolina is responsible for the vast majority of Beemers in the States, right?

And how many American companies are building parts for said Bimmers.

Or the VeeDubs in Chatanooga
Or the Hondas in Marysville, OH
Or the Toyotas in Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, etc...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. First time I was pulling into my garage it started binging away and distracted me an I almost took out my rack of bikes. And if you know anything about me it's that I have a lot of really expensive bikes.

And how many American companies are building parts for said Bimmers.

Or the VeeDubs in Chatanooga
Or the Hondas in Marysville, OH
Or the Toyotas in Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, etc...

The first time I had a rental that had the blind spot alerting in it scared the crap out of me. Had no clue it was in the vehicle (cheap Elantra rental). I seriously thought there was an issue with the engine since I was pushing 70 in the car but no it was the constant dinging of cars passing my while they enter and exit my blind spot.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a newish VW and it does the same for us. Fucking annoying. Except, of course, it's in metric (4 °C); that part isn't annoying it's just fucking sensible. :trash:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You better not drive it on my lawn (or Bosses)

/I've never owned/leased/stolen a car without a tape deck in it, by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.