• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm here for it. It's nice to have some entertainment since to distract from PM Socks' wonderful handling of our own issues.

I'm hoping Ontario sends a strong message in the upcoming election because let's face it, once the Ontario election results are in, we'll pretty much know who the next PM is going to be.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody honestly think seeing a video in which Donald Trump directs a bunch of Russian prostitutes to urinate on a bed is going to have any effect whatsoever on either his popularity or his future electoral chances?

Yeah, it'd be funny to know that the current US president once did that and it would be another source of shame for his opponents who have to call this baboon president but it wouldn't make any sort of dent in his popularity or re-election chances long-term. His supporters would laugh at it and applaud him for it. Fuck, he might even start campaigning on it lol.

So if that's honestly the worst Putin "has" on him, Putin doesn't have shit on him. Nobody does. The guy's actually bulletproof. If somehow he were impeached by both House and Senate he'd just run again and he'd have just as good a chance of winning as he does now. This is all nice for entertainment purposes but eventually you sit back and realize tens of millions of dollars are being spent and none of it actually matters (which can be said for most government expenditures, really, but...). Trump's never going to jail. His family is never going to jail. The odds of him serving two terms are incredibly in his favour unless the economy absolutely craters. Nothing else means a damn lick.

First off all, the tape probably shows him without himself properly coiffed. And it will also depict his tiny, tiny penis. He will do ANYTHING to save himself from that.

But it stands to reason that they also have his banking records and financial ties to organized crime all well documented also. That stuff won't make a difference to his supporters, but it will have some sway with the courts.

I hope.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow he were impeached by both House and Senate he'd just run again and he'd have just as good a chance of winning as he does now.
If he were somehow convicted by the Senate (I'd put it slightly below the odds of the Bills and Sabres winning championships in the same year), the Constitution does provide for the Senate to be able to block impeached officials from holding any public office again. One would presume that, if they somehow managed to convict, they'd probably also bar from future public office.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Ontario sends a strong message in the upcoming election because let's face it, once the Ontario election results are in, we'll pretty much know who the next PM is going to be.
Depends how much Scheer decides to use Doug Ford to campaign here, and how Ford's gov't is doing by then.

I think they're screwed if the NDP can't get its own head out of its ass. Conservatives can't win if the left isn't split and Jagoff is the worst political leader I've ever seen in this country.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off all, the tape probably shows him without himself properly coiffed. And it will also depict his tiny, tiny penis. He will do ANYTHING to save himself from that.

But it stands to reason that they also have his banking records and financial ties to organized crime all well documented also. That stuff won't make a difference to his supporters, but it will have some sway with the courts.

I hope.
Well, if there's one thing the last ten years taught me it's that people who commit white-collar crime usually pay a fine and are barred from trading for two years. If that's the worst he gets, I still don't see how any of this is worth the expenditure.

If he were somehow convicted by the Senate (I'd put it slightly below the odds of the Bills and Sabres winning championships in the same year), the Constitution does provide for the Senate to be able to block impeached officials from holding any public office again. One would presume that, if they somehow managed to convict, they'd probably also bar from future public office.
This is indeed correct.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if there's one thing the last ten years taught me it's that people who commit white-collar crime usually pay a fine and are barred from trading for two years. If that's the worst he gets, I still don't see how any of this is worth the expenditure.

This is indeed correct.

am I missing something? Hasnt this investigation already paid for itself in terms of asset seizures/forfeitures just from Manafort? Doesnt Mueller have Weisellberg talking about the years of fun accounting he did for Trumps org. ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am I missing something? Hasnt this investigation already paid for itself in terms of asset seizures/forfeitures just from Manafort? Doesnt Mueller have Weisellberg talking about the years of fun accounting he did for Trumps org. ?
I shouldn't have used "expenditure"; I'm referring more to going through with the circus as a whole.

If the best thing that's gonna happen here is the government recoups some back taxes, which is basically what they're getting from Manafort and the most they'll get out of the Trump Org., and there's never any evidence linking the Trump campaign to Russian interference in the 2016 election (I know it's a distant memory but that was the original intent of the investigation), all it's going to do is serve as a win for the president when he can point to a Mueller press conference in a year and say "SEE? THEY FOUND NOTHING! NO COLLUSION! FAKE NEWS!".

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have used "expenditure"; I'm referring more to going through with the circus as a whole.

If the best thing that's gonna happen here is the government recoups some back taxes, which is basically what they're getting from Manafort and the most they'll get out of the Trump Org., and there's never any evidence linking the Trump campaign to Russian interference in the 2016 election (I know it's a distant memory but that was the original intent of the investigation), all it's going to do is serve as a win for the president when he can point to a Mueller press conference in a year and say "SEE? THEY FOUND NOTHING! NO COLLUSION! FAKE NEWS!".

meh ... lets see how it plays out ... there have been enough people who worked on Trumps campaign (or in his "sphere")who have been charged criminally for me to say there might be a chance theres something there lmao

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody honestly think seeing a video in which Donald Trump directs a bunch of Russian prostitutes to urinate on a bed is going to have any effect whatsoever on either his popularity or his future electoral chances?

Yeah, it'd be funny to know that the current US president once did that and it would be another source of shame for his opponents who have to call this baboon president but it wouldn't make any sort of dent in his popularity or re-election chances long-term. His supporters would laugh at it and applaud him for it. Fuck, he might even start campaigning on it lol.

Yes, because he didn't win because of his supporters. Data analysis shows he didn't really pull any more voters to support him than Mitt Romney did. But he dooped some of the independents in the middle that swing states like Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. His "leadership" has already eroded much of the support of those independents, and it's tough to win the Presidency without them.

You're right it won't hurt him with his supporters, because they are complete morons. All the dumbest people I went to high school with are the ones in my Facebook feed who like Trump.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because he didn't win because of his supporters. Data analysis shows he didn't really pull any more voters to support him than Mitt Romney did. But he dooped some of the independents in the middle that swing states like Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. His "leadership" has already eroded much of the support of those independents, and it's tough to win the Presidency without them.

You're right it won't hurt him with his supporters, because they are complete morons. All the dumbest people I went to high school with are the ones in my Facebook feed who like Trump.
I mean, he won because white women and other Obama supporters fucking hate Hillary Clinton. Maybe the Dems can pull out a victory based on some of those votes switching back to whoever they nominate but no incumbent has lost a two-way re-election race since Carter.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he won because white women and other Obama supporters fucking hate Hillary Clinton. Maybe the Dems can pull out a victory based on some of those votes switching back to whoever they nominate but no incumbent has lost a two-way re-election race since Carter.

There is hope that this is a 3 way race next time out too. Kasich has said that he will run as an independent.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is hope that this is a 3 way race next time out too. Kasich has said that he will run as an independent.
Nobody fucking likes John Kasich.

Trump's approval rating has been high 80s-early 90s among Republicans for a year. Say Kasich can get those 10% to vote for him, it's very possible he's taking the votes of people who would've voted Democrat if he didn't run and making it even less likely Trump gets voted out. There is no net positive to him taking on Trump.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kasich has no hope and but if running as in independent in certain areas he could take percentage points away from Trump. Those few votes could sway a state one way or the other, but that is barely a blip on the radar.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody fucking likes John Kasich.

Trump's approval rating has been high 80s-early 90s among Republicans for a year. Say Kasich can get those 10% to vote for him, it's very possible he's taking the votes of people who would've voted Democrat if he didn't run and making it even less likely Trump gets voted out. There is no net positive to him taking on Trump.

I seriously doubt that any democrat will ever vote for Kasich, as you said - no one likes him. I doubt he would even win Ohio outright.

But if he gets out there and harps on being "common sense conservative (oxymoron, but whatever)" and attacks the stock market and economy which will be properly in the shitter by then he could take enough to oust Trump.

Provided the Democrats don't find someone more universally hated than Clinton or run their own TV star like Oprah.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that any democrat will ever vote for Kasich, as you said - no one likes him. I doubt he would even win Ohio outright.

But if he gets out there and harps on being "common sense conservative (oxymoron, but whatever)" and attacks the stock market and economy which will be properly in the shitter by then he could take enough to oust Trump.

Provided the Democrats don't find someone more universally hated than Clinton or run their own TV star like Oprah.
I meant more that a typically Republican voter may be leaning toward voting for the Democrat because he/she is fed up with Trump but because Kasich is an option votes for him instead. I likewise agree no Democrat would ever vote for Kasich.

Of course, this all goes down the toilet when the Democrats nominate Hillary again.

Status
Not open for further replies.