• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't do it if it wasn't incredibly effective.

And I am right there with you, I can still remember the cologne my dad was wearing the first time I saw him slap my mother. Other than it being our living room and that I was wearing Orioles pajamas, I don't remember much else about it.

There was a show called Brain Games or something like that which did episodes on selective attention/memory. It is amazing how fast your brain changes details from something that even an hour prior.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see that Ford ex-boyfriend letter the Trumpkins are touting as proof she's lying?

She dated this dude for four years, and he claims because she never told him about the assault, it never happened.

Alright, jabroni, maybe she didn't tell you because she didn't fully trust you? Maybe she was right to not trust you, since you pulled this crap.

I don't think I need to go into any of the other nonsequitur points of the letter.

But then there's right-wing conspiracy theories floating about Ford's research on memories including something about implanting false memories, and this proves somehow that she's lying. I don't even know what to do with that. She researches the brain. She's also had experiences. Researching the brain doesn't mean not having experiences. This should be obvious.

And then of course the folks claiming that Kavanaugh is being held to an unfair standard because Obama did drugs in college. Talk about missing the point entirely.

I finally said something to one of them. We'll see how that ends for me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see that Ford ex-boyfriend letter the Trumpkins are touting as proof she's lying?

She dated this dude for four years, and he claims because she never told him about the assault, it never happened.

Alright, jabroni, maybe she didn't tell you because she didn't fully trust you? Maybe she was right to not trust you, since you pulled this crap.

I don't think I need to go into any of the other nonsequitur points of the letter.

But then there's right-wing conspiracy theories floating about Ford's research on memories including something about implanting false memories, and this proves somehow that she's lying. I don't even know what to do with that. She researches the brain. She's also had experiences. Researching the brain doesn't mean not having experiences. This should be obvious.

And then of course the folks claiming that Kavanaugh is being held to an unfair standard because Obama did drugs in college. Talk about missing the point entirely.

I finally said something to one of them. We'll see how that ends for me.

Remember these are the same folks that probably believe Sandy Hook was all paid crisis actors.

As for the letter they believe that as much as they believe a random hand written calendar instead of a sincere testimony. I also heard one where she took acting classes so she would sound so believable. :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One party asked for an investigation for a week on a relatively unknown and highly partisan nominee who has many questions surrounding his fitness for office.

One party didn't even consider a moderate nominee for more than 11 months who was universally praised.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One party asked for an investigation for a week on a relatively unknown and highly partisan nominee who has many questions surrounding his fitness for office.

One party didn't even consider a moderate nominee for more than 11 months who was universally praised.

So the FBI investigation is complete and they didn't talk to either Dr. Ford or Brett Kavanaugh - That's quite an investigation. Kavanaugh will no doubt be confirmed.

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the FBI investigation is complete and they didn't talk to either Dr. Ford or Brett Kavanaugh - That's quite an investigation. Kavanaugh will no doubt be confirmed.
That is basically like Sarah Huckabee Sanders showing up to do a presidential debate for Trump.
And sadly yes he is the next Supreme Court Justice.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is basically like Sarah Huckabee Sanders showing up to do a presidential debate for Trump.
And sadly yes he is the next Supreme Court Justice.

dare said it best last week, this one week investigation gave everybody a cooling off period and a chance to settle down.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dare said it best last week, this one week investigation gave everybody a cooling off period and a chance to settle down.

Not necessarily everybody
Opinion | The Senate Should Not Confirm Kavanaugh. Signed, 1,700+ Law Professors (and Counting).

I know, I know. It won't make a lick of difference. He will get on.

But there is a bright side. My very conservative sister and many of her super conservative friends have all been posting on Lindsey Graham's facebook page about how he should be ashamed of himself for allowing the shaming of an assault victim and that they will never vote for him or anyone he endorses ever again.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is a bright side. My very conservative sister and many of her super conservative friends have all been posting on Lindsey Graham's facebook page about how he should be ashamed of himself for allowing the shaming of an assault victim and that they will never vote for him or anyone he endorses ever again.
They'll all forget about that once he runs against a (shudder) democrat.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.25 BAC?!? Man, that's BEACH WEEK drunk.

/Just glad to hear his son is okay, really dumb thing to do.
He got that drunk during the Kavanaugh hearing drinking game: Take a shot every time Kavanaugh states he likes beer.

Seriously glad the kid is ok!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been thinking about what really happened with Kavanaugh and Ford and how they can both seem so fervent in their beliefs. Here's a possible explanation:

Kavanaugh and a buddy went upstairs or followed this girl upstairs and started hitting on her. They were drunk and aggressive (which we know Kavanaugh gets when drinking from multiple sources). He and his friend pushed up against or fondled this chick, maybe they toppled over due to being drunk. Based on his longtime virginity, I doubt that Kavanaugh had any intention of actually having sex with her and he and his friend stopped long after she was comfortable and long before they should have. Thus, leaving her feeling as if she had just avoided being raped. And leaving Kavanaugh and his buddy feeling like they hadn't "made it" with her. Hence, both have the perspective they now do. And I do think that the "devil's triangle" does refer to that night or maybe this night was a result of conversations they had about it and he was stupid enough to put it in his yearbook. This serves to me as both confirmation he likely did what Dr. Ford said, but also ironically shows his immaturity and lack of intent to do anything further, because if he had committed a crime as he saw it, why would he put that in his yearbook? Hence why she "escaped" in her mind from a traumatized viewpoint and why they likely think they just let her go after she protested.

Either way, the actions even in this scenario may fall short of attempted r*pe and be some lighter offense like 4th degree sexual offense in Maryland.

So, Kavanaugh is likely a criminal in that regard, but not the one hardcore liberals are convinced he is. He also chose to deny the whole thing instead of trying to explain it b/c complicated matters never play out well in public, especially in our very binary society. He's also a confirmed liar based on multiple moments in his testimony and the obvious lack of veracity over these issues. His attacks on the Democrats based on reviewing his record and character (their fucking job!) reveal also a very partisan candidate not fit to be a Justice.

The Republicans will vote to confirm him. They shouldn't. What a shame. Thurgood Marshall this guy is fucking not. The Supreme Court has made some bad decisions in recent years (Citizens United is the worst since Dred Scott imo). Expect more of the same.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been thinking about what really happened with Kavanaugh and Ford and how they can both seem so fervent in their beliefs. Here's a possible explanation:

Kavanaugh and a buddy went upstairs or followed this girl upstairs and started hitting on her. They were drunk and aggressive (which we know Kavanaugh gets when drinking from multiple sources). He and his friend pushed up against or fondled this chick, maybe they toppled over due to being drunk. Based on his longtime virginity, I doubt that Kavanaugh had any intention of actually having sex with her and he and his friend stopped long after she was comfortable and long before they should have. Thus, leaving her feeling as if she had just avoided being raped. And leaving Kavanaugh and his buddy feeling like they hadn't "made it" with her. Hence, both have the perspective they now do. And I do think that the "devil's triangle" does refer to that night or maybe this night was a result of conversations they had about it and he was stupid enough to put it in his yearbook. This serves to me as both confirmation he likely did what Dr. Ford said, but also ironically shows his immaturity and lack of intent to do anything further, because if he had committed a crime as he saw it, why would he put that in his yearbook? Hence why she "escaped" in her mind from a traumatized viewpoint and why they likely think they just let her go after she protested.

Either way, the actions even in this scenario may fall short of attempted r*pe and be some lighter offense like 4th degree sexual offense in Maryland.

So, Kavanaugh is likely a criminal in that regard, but not the one hardcore liberals are convinced he is. He also chose to deny the whole thing instead of trying to explain it b/c complicated matters never play out well in public, especially in our very binary society. He's also a confirmed liar based on multiple moments in his testimony and the obvious lack of veracity over these issues. His attacks on the Democrats based on reviewing his record and character (their fucking job!) reveal also a very partisan candidate not fit to be a Justice.

The Republicans will vote to confirm him. They shouldn't. What a shame. Thurgood Marshall this guy is fucking not. The Supreme Court has made some bad decisions in recent years (Citizens United is the worst since Dred Scott imo). Expect more of the same.

I never thought the accusation was of attempted r*pe. I got the impression from Dr. Ford's testimony she was alleging a sexual assault via unwanted and aggressive groping, and that the event traumatized her more because she honestly thought she was going to be raped, but that an actual r*pe was never attempted.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought the accusation was of attempted r*pe. I got the impression from Dr. Ford's testimony she was alleging a sexual assault via unwanted and aggressive groping, and that the event traumatized her more because she honestly thought she was going to be raped, but that an actual r*pe was never attempted.

That's what I was referring to and how they could both see the same set of events very differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.