• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tripel?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone tried a Belgium Tripel that turned out well? I picked up a New Belgium (Fat Tyre) Tripel 6-pack tonight and had been toying around with the ideal of making my next batch being a tripel for a couple months now. I'm still in the extract/specialty grain stage and am not ready for all-grain. Was thinking about picking up a kit from Midwest:

Belgian Tripel : Midwest Supplies

Either that or a kolsch, cream ale, or mexican cervesa. I have an oktoberfest and amber ale sitting in the second fridge.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to go with a cream ale and a kolsch. My two little cousins are coming down from NH in a little over a month and since they like blueberry ales, I'm going to split the cream ale batch and add some blueberry extract to the bottling bucket for one half of the batch and leave the other alone. Planning on starting with a little and adding more to get the taste/aroma I'm looking for. Figured you can always add more rather than take it out. Ingredients should be here tomorrow and hopefully brewing tomorrow night.

Then I'll do the kolsch after I rack the cream ale into the secondary. Don't think I'll have the kolsch ready when they get here, but I'll have the cream ale batches along with oktoberfest and amber ales for them and their boyfriends to try. Considering they just graduated college, one of them got engaged over this past weekend, and my wife and I are 16 weeks into our first pregnancy, we'll have some celebrating to do.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to go with a cream ale and a kolsch. My two little cousins are coming down from NH in a little over a month and since they like blueberry ales, I'm going to split the cream ale batch and add some blueberry extract to the bottling bucket for one half of the batch and leave the other alone. Planning on starting with a little and adding more to get the taste/aroma I'm looking for. Figured you can always add more rather than take it out. Ingredients should be here tomorrow and hopefully brewing tomorrow night.

Then I'll do the kolsch after I rack the cream ale into the secondary. Don't think I'll have the kolsch ready when they get here, but I'll have the cream ale batches along with oktoberfest and amber ales for them and their boyfriends to try. Considering they just graduated college, one of them got engaged over this past weekend, and my wife and I are 16 weeks into our first pregnancy, we'll have some celebrating to do.

just make sure your wife celebrates in a non-alcoholic fashion, lol

congrats btw