• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help me choose my next home brew

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I order from Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies typically, but would be willing to give another site a try. The only store close is an hour away and doesn't have that great of a selection (and no telling how long it's been on the shelf. I'm not up to the all grain level yet and have only used extract and specialty grains. I just finished off my last couple brews which were a bourbon barrel old ale and a surly furious IPA clone. So I have a pretty wide range of taste (now thanks to home brewing).

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too late for a Christmas beer, if you are into Bock's I would get one of them going. I haven't seen one at Northern for a couple years, and I don't shop Midwest, so you may have to find a recipe online and go with that.

One I am thinking of doing is an extract version of 3 Floyd's Zombie Dust. It is a pale ale, but by all accounts one of, if not the best pale ale in the world. It looks like an easy recipe, lots and lots of Citra hops and a pretty basic grain/extract bill.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some I've been thinking about:

Wee Heavy
Dubbel or Trippel
Imperial stout
Porter, maybe a bourbon barrel version

I'd like to have a higher gravity/darker beer that doesn't need 4-6 months of conditioning as my next brew. May look into a bock as well since I haven't had one in a while.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wanting to give northern brewer's 115th Dream Hopbursted IPA a go, haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's next on the list

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go with a Porter these kits may be good. I bought a sixer of this stuff a couple months ago and its the best Porter I have ever had. It was absolutely awesome stuff. Next time you come to Roanoke Cobra, swing by Wine Gourmet, they have this stuff at times (that is, if you haven't tried it already).

Austin Homebrew Supply

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Founders-Porter-Clone-Ingredient-Extract/dp/B00CA67GTK]Founder's Porter Clone Beer Ingredient Kit, Extract: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about brewing something up for late summer. I made my own recipe for a single-hop pale ale (less hoppy than I would prefer, but wanted to make it more welcoming for people who don't like IPAs). Looking for anyone else's recipes for a saison or session pale.

mantis

Hoopla Cash
$ 940.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I order from Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies typically, but would be willing to give another site a try. The only store close is an hour away and doesn't have that great of a selection (and no telling how long it's been on the shelf. I'm not up to the all grain level yet and have only used extract and specialty grains. I just finished off my last couple brews which were a bourbon barrel old ale and a surly furious IPA clone. So I have a pretty wide range of taste (now thanks to home brewing).

Ever get to the all grain recipes?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever get to the all grain recipes?

No. I haven't made a batch since my daughter was born (she turns 4 in January). Still planning on getting back into it all at some point, but it hasn't been on my mind in a long time.