• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trent williams to browns ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already refused to play for one team.

No reason to think he won't do it again.

Is he actually going to play for Washington now? Heard he gave up his holdout.

If the Redskins traded him to the Redskins he probably would refuse to play. I wouldn't blame him. If I were a player and had any type of option other than retirement or playing for this clusterfuck, nonsensical, ass backwards fuckin outfit. I'd take that opportunity faster than you could drop a hot crack pipe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins traded him to the Redskins he probably would refuse to play. I wouldn't blame him. If I were a player and had any type of option other than retirement or playing for this clusterfuck, nonsensical, ass backwards fuckin outfit. I'd take that opportunity faster than you could drop a hot crack pipe.

Hate to see him call it quits.

But he's older than Barry and Calvin were when they finally said "Fuck this shit, no way we're winning."

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see him call it quits.

But he's older than Barry and Calvin were when they finally said "Fuck this shit, no way we're winning."

True. And he should have enough duckets that he never has to work another day in his life if he so chooses. I think he still wants to play though. Just not for the Puzzle Factory anymore and I can't blame him.

Hell, if Trent or any other Redskins player totally unprovoked. Dick-slapped Snyder's wife in her forehead. Than diarrhea shitted all over Allen's house. I'd find a way to put all the blame on those 2 shiesty mothafuckers. That said. Letting Trent back in the locker room is a mistake. He's drawn his line in the sand. Allen should've and could've traded him a long time ago, but Allen went straight into vindictive bitch mode for 4 months and now some Skins are asking "Why did we only get offered a 2nd rd pk for Trent?" Someone should dick-slap their asses across the forehead if they don't already know.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as a both side offsides. Trent signed a contract and then refused to honor it. Allen who thinks he can make people do what they want screws up another personnel move.

Bruce's poor timing and Trent's past plus his age probably were part of the reasons they couldn't get a 1st.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it as a both side offsides. Trent signed a contract and then refused to honor it. Allen who thinks he can make people do what they want screws up another personnel move.

Bruce's poor timing and Trent's past plus his age probably were part of the reasons they couldn't get a 1st.

bait and switch. Trent Williams thought he was signing up to play for a football team with a clear direction not a circus.

Not to mention the medical staff misdiagnosed a brain tumor.

At this point I cant really blame anyone for not wanting to honor their contract with the Redskins. Organization, management, ownership needs to take 100% accountability for the organization they ruined

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bait and switch. Trent Williams thought he was signing up to play for a football team with a clear direction not a circus.

Not to mention the medical staff misdiagnosed a brain tumor.

At this point I cant really blame anyone for not wanting to honor their contract with the Redskins. Organization, management, ownership needs to take 100% accountability for the organization they ruined
OK, first. It wasn't a brain tumor. It was suspected of being melanoma. It wasn't that, either. It was a cyst. Second, the team made an appt for him with a dermatologist. Trent cancelled and never rebooked. Third, when he signed his latest contract (the one he is not living up to) he knew exactly what he was involved in. He had been on the team for many years, at that point. I hate defending this front office, but trent made a deal, he took the significant amount of that deal up front when he signed (the deal was heavily front end loaded) and never said a word. and now he is reneging on that deal.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, first. It wasn't a brain tumor. It was suspected of being melanoma. It wasn't that, either. It was a cyst. Second, the team made an appt for him with a dermatologist. Trent cancelled and never rebooked. Third, when he signed his latest contract (the one he is not living up to) he knew exactly what he was involved in. He had been on the team for many years, at that point. I hate defending this front office, but trent made a deal, he took the significant amount of that deal up front when he signed (the deal was heavily front end loaded) and never said a word. and now he is reneging on that deal.

Why is it when it comes to honoring a contract. NFL fans damn near always and only hold player's accountable? Didn't the team also make a deal? Don't they have a responsibility to honor said contract or keep their word as well as the player?

Teams restructure deals or outright cut players all the time and fans don't say anything negative about them, or question their manhood, integrity and character.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it when it comes to honoring a contract. NFL fans damn near always and only hold player's accountable? Didn't the team also make a deal? Don't they have a responsibility to honor said contract or keep their word as well as the player?

Teams restructure deals or outright cut players all the time and fans don't say anything negative about them, or question their manhood, integrity and character.
Oh, I'm not saying that its a even playing field. But Trent knew that too. But what did the franchise do to not honor their part of the contract? They paid him his signing bonus and over the first 3 years of the deal they paid him the vast majority of the value of the contract. I'd be a bit more understanding if Trent at least offered to refund the percentage of the deal he had been paid that was equal to the remaining term.

Its like this. Lets say you hire a contractor to do a project at your house. And you pay that contractor 50% down and then in the first draw, you give him another 40%. Then the contractor says he doesn't like the job anymore and leaves because you are just a son of a bitch to work for. Would that be right?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And teams can only restructure deals that the player agrees to do.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not saying that its a even playing field. But Trent knew that too. But what did the franchise do to not honor their part of the contract? They paid him his signing bonus and over the first 3 years of the deal they paid him the vast majority of the value of the contract. I'd be a bit more understanding if Trent at least offered to refund the percentage of the deal he had been paid that was equal to the remaining term.

Its like this. Lets say you hire a contractor to do a project at your house. And you pay that contractor 50% down and then in the first draw, you give him another 40%. Then the contractor says he doesn't like the job anymore and leaves because you are just a son of a bitch to work for. Would that be right?
You simply make too much sense!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rarely ever side with players over teams in these types of squabbles. This is different though.

The medical staff is horrible. The culture is horrible. The ownership is horrible

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long has he been in the building? He knew the atmosphere before he signed the contract. Unless they sent him into a game knowing he was unfit to play, I don't see the beef. Doctors make make mistakes. For someone who makes the kind of living only most can dream of from the fruits of his physical abilities not get a second opinion is plain stupid. There have been multiple stories that the Skins made him appointments with outside Doctors and he failed to go. Don't know if that is true, but if not, I still stick to my original point.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long has he been in the building? He knew the atmosphere before he signed the contract. Unless they sent him into a game knowing he was unfit to play, I don't see the beef. Doctors make make mistakes. For someone who makes the kind of living only most can dream of from the fruits of his physical abilities not get a second opinion is plain stupid. There have been multiple stories that the Skins made him appointments with outside Doctors and he failed to go. Don't know if that is true, but if not, I still stick to my original point.

the skins are undefeated when it comes to smear campaigns through media.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said he had discomfort with his helmet. smh

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not saying that its a even playing field. But Trent knew that too. But what did the franchise do to not honor their part of the contract? They paid him his signing bonus and over the first 3 years of the deal they paid him the vast majority of the value of the contract. I'd be a bit more understanding if Trent at least offered to refund the percentage of the deal he had been paid that was equal to the remaining term

If its not a level playing why do so many NFL fans act as if it is.....answer is they don't. The only time they rage against it and start pulling words like honor, responsibility, integrity out their ass is when the team appears to be getting the short end of the stick. I don't know if the Skins did something to not honor the contract........this time, but teams shit on honoring contracts all the time. And how many times have you heard of a team paying a player a percentage of the remaining contract that they just voided?

And I think a reasonable case could be made fairly easily that if its the front office's job to try, not do, but simply and sincerely try to make the team better by the moves they make in the draft, FA etc. Than the Redskins FO is in serious dereliction of its duties and therefore in breach of their contractual responsibilities to not just the players, but to us the fans as well.

No, it wouldn't be right, but....I wouldn't pay anyone 90% in the manner you describe and more importantly I'd make sure any contractor working on a project for me is properly licensed and bonded. That way if he fucks up in the way you describe. I could file a claim on the bond as well as take my issues to the state licensing board.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teams can only restructure deals that the player agrees to do.

Restructure or we will outright cut you and you'll get none of the money still left on your contract and you'll be looking for a new employer.

NFL front office peeps would never threaten. strong arm or gorilla pimp a player in that manner I'm sure.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who makes the kind of living only most can dream of from the fruits of his physical abilities

So because players make a lot of money they should just STFU and go along to get along? And because you and I don't possess the physical skills and ability NFL players have. We should hate on them whenever they get too audacious or forget their place?

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, you really reached on that one.I will type this slow so you get it. If I make a really good living based on my physical abilities and I don't take extra care to insure my body is in the best condition it can be, then shame on me. That includes seeking medical advice. It has nothing to do with players staying in there place or going along to get along.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve gotta confess this is pretty funny. Not because of the name, just the team