• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Dilfer vs Jimmy Garoppolo playoff stats

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 1 whole game is the fall back. Thats the issue though. its 1 game.
matt flynn balled out 1 game too
Did you read the article Rock posted on page 1 of this thread? It wasn't one game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be off, but I am pretty sure Mahomes' 2nd quarter stats are better than Jimmy G's postseason stats this postseason, which, yeah, volume, but still out of this world.

I could be off but I'm pretty sure Mostert had more rushing yards in the first half against the Packers than the Chiefs running back has had in two postseason games. It goes both ways. Oh he had more than Mahomes too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be off but I'm pretty sure Mostert had more rushing yards in the first half against the Packers than the Chiefs running back has had in two postseason games. It goes both ways. Oh he had more than Mahomes too.
Not Jimmy G hating in my implicature- keep that in mind.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really lame. The 49ers should have stopped running the ball at 7 yards per carry the last game to prove Jimmy G can pass for more yards.

Everybody knows that you really need to start airing the ball out when you get up by 4 scores early.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody knows that you really need to start airing the ball out when you get up by 4 scores early.

Jimmy was probably thinking it was Jimmy Time at that point, but then Shanahan basically had him take the whole second half off except for that one possession late in the game.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the Ravens dumped Dilfer after winning the Superbowl due to being so limited. His stats confirm that. So I was wondering how his numbers stack up vs Jimmy G. Dilfert had 4 games vs 2 thus far for Jimmy, so I averaged the numbers. Here are the numbers.
Attempted passes per game: Dilfer 18.25 Jimmy 13.25
Completions per game: Dilfert 8.75 Jimmy 8.5
Yards per game: Dilfer 147.5 Jimmy 100.5
TDs in 4 games Dilfer had 3. Jimmy in 2 games has 1

Who has the better stats in the playoffs?
none of those stats matter. If Jimmy wins next week he'll be half way to the hall of fame vis a vis the Eli Manning Clause

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy was probably thinking it was Jimmy Time at that point, but then Shanahan basically had him take the whole second half off except for that one possession late in the game.

He probably had "don't fuck this up" constantly running through his head after they got up 27 to nothing.

They'll need him to do something if they're going to beat KC though. I'm not saying out-dueling Mahomes because that's never going to happen, but he's going to have to play + ball behind center with some volume.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he probably made all those simple statistics up

Man your agenda will not be shifted. Whatever.
I'm sorry I like to make sure things are legit. But I've stated a billion and one fn times that jimmy fully has every opportunity to prove things? Am I wrong in that?

again those stats look great. But like anything, with a small sample size. They can be skewed to fit ANY agenda. He's got to the dance, the decks stacked in his favor. He just has to do what he supposedly is already doing, and he will will cement it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I like to make sure things are legit. But I've stated a billion and one fn times that jimmy fully has every opportunity to prove things? Am I wrong in that?

again those stats look great. But like anything, with a small sample size. They can be skewed to fit ANY agenda. He's got to the dance, the decks stacked in his favor. He just has to do what he supposedly is already doing, and he will will cement it.

No, you have your mind made up. It's fine, it's just sports chatter.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stacked in his favor? Niners are the underdog to the otherworldly Chiefs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked in his favor? Niners are the underdog to the otherworldly Chiefs.
exactly, to an extent. hes got a solid D. But the signs point to him having to pass the ball. The odds are the way they are because of questions about the 49'ers passing attack. Its set up for him to have to be the guy. If he is the guy, with that D, and that running attack. Hes gonna have a wonderful superbowl sunday.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, to an extent. hes got a solid D. But the signs point to him having to pass the ball. The odds are the way they are because of questions about the 49'ers passing attack. Its set up for him to have to be the guy. If he is the guy, with that D, and that running attack. Hes gonna have a wonderful superbowl sunday.

I think the odds are the way they are because of Mahomes. But yeah, there's no excuse for Jimmy G to fail. He's got a lot of playmakers on offense to help him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the odds are the way they are because of Mahomes. But yeah, there's no excuse for Jimmy G to fail. He's got a lot of playmakers on offense to help him.

Even if he has a shitty game in the SB, he still had a very good year and is clearly a very good quarterback. Not great or elite (as of now), but very good. The numbers show this.

Up to now every game he's had to come through, under pressure, he has. That narrative will take a hit if he has a bad SB. But he will still be a good QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, realistically, it should be a good game. #1 D vs #1 Offense. Both teams have deceptively good units on the otherside of the ball