• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Brown returning to NE

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Boston media was left out in the cold about this deal and they spent all of Tuesday trying to find something they could throw back at BB for making the deal.

They finally cornered Raiders GM Mike Mayock and he said that Brown was a disappointment. He'd gained weight and actually was over 400 lbs and his attitude had gone south.

DJ Bean put everything in what I believe is the right perspective. When Brown became a free agent in 2018 after the Pats won a Super Bowl, the Raiders immediately signed a 23 year old to $66M 4 year contract and made richer than he'd ever been. He was an All-Pro in 2019. Something happened and no one is sure exactly what but in 2020, Brown seemed surly and a depressed. Here we are two years from the Pro Bowl and this 26 year old young man isn't worth the effort to find out what his problem was?? Apparently when he learned hat he was going to be traded, he quickly agreed to rip up his remaining $29M contract and signed an incentive contract that could pay him up to $11M with the Patriots. There is some guaranteed money, but he's on his way east and will be in the training room on Monday. Now he's back playing for BB and he's in a contract year at 26 soon to be 27 years old. I'd be willing to wager that when training camp rolls around, he'll be around 375 lbs and an absolute beast.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought is I agree.

But it depends.
Maryota for $10 mil vs Cam for $1 mil?

Gimme Cam, don't waste the money.
Shoot me but I am beginning to think we can turn the offense around with the money and let Cam have another 1 year deal.
Pick up a QB in the draft!
No FA QB's available worth a crap.
No 1st rounders available worth a crap.
i'll take my chances with a later round QB in the draft (and a year to learn)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot me but I am beginning to think we can turn the offense around with the money and let Cam have another 1 year deal.
acm may be the best viable option, but he won't come back for another incentive laden $7M contract. I figure $5M guaranteed and another$5M in reachable incentives.

The more I read about Crum and see highlight, the more I'd like to see Bill get him in the 4th round. He's a career 70% completion passer. He can also throw the ball a country mile and hit a bumble bee in flight. If he had been at Alabama, Clemson or michigan, he'd be the #1 pick in this draft. He went to Kent State and just didn't get the TV exposure.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acm may be the best viable option, but he won't come back for another incentive laden $7M contract. I figure $5M guaranteed and another$5M in reachable incentives.

The more I read about Crum and see highlight, the more I'd like to see Bill get him in the 4th round. He's a career 70% completion passer. He can also throw the ball a country mile and hit a bumble bee in flight. If he had been at Alabama, Clemson or michigan, he'd be the #1 pick in this draft. He went to Kent State and just didn't get the TV exposure.
You know I like Crum a lot.
He is still an unknown but what if he is what he seems?
An updated QB ranking shows him 15th. I don't know a lot of these guys.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see how many simple passes Cam missed receivers on by a country mile? A better line and a camp are not going to help that. Something was/is wrong with that shoulder.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this completely. It's entirely possible that with another year and some offensive weapons Cam can be a decent QB. Belichick doesn't like people for the fuck of it and he likes Cam so maybe just maybe there's more to it than we know. Get some weapons all around him if you can't land a better QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see how many simple passes Cam missed receivers on by a country mile? A better line and a camp are not going to help that. Something was/is wrong with that shoulder.
Did you not see that bilichick is not letting us vote on it?
The good veteran at resonable price is not available likely and draft QB's are not ready.
Regardless what happens we are going to have to "make do" this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see that bilichick is not letting us vote on it?
The good veteran at resonable price is not available likely and draft QB's are not ready.
Regardless what happens we are going to have to "make do" this ye03f.gif