• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Brown returning to NE

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent restructured for a one year $11M. Glad he's back. Hope he returns to his former self.

Is this a move for BB to bring in a vet QB or is he thinking he fixed the Oline now he can prove he can win with Cam?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me by 3 seconds. Only I have a confirmation, not an ESPN source. It's posted on NFL,com as a done deal.

IfBB can get Andrews to resign then this will be the best OL in the NFL and QBs should be looking forward to playing here and staying clean.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent restructured for a one year $11M. Glad he's back. Hope he returns to his former self.

Is this a move for BB to bring in a vet QB or is he thinking he fixed the Oline now he can prove he can win with Cam?
A good line does nothing but create more options... You list a plan A &B, but truth be told, it allows a plan C through Z.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good line does nothing but create more options... You list a plan A &B, but truth be told, it allows a plan C through Z.
That would be a normal train of thought. But this is BB we're talking about. Every move he makes is calculated.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me by 3 seconds. Only I have a confirmation, not an ESPN source. It's posted on NFL,com as a done deal.

IfBB can get Andrews to resign then this will be the best OL in the NFL and QBs should be looking forward to playing here and staying clean.
Clean QB? It creates a run game to keeps the defense on its heals. Add in effective blocking from the receivers and the defense will never know where to look.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a normal train of thought. But this is BB we're talking about. Every move he makes is calculated.
That's not entirely true though. Bill piles up draft picks without an exact plan, which is just an example. Bill loves keeping his options open.

While Bill IS very calculating, not every move has an exact purpose.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely true though. Bill piles up draft picks without an exact plan, which is just an example. Bill loves keeping his options open.

While Bill IS very calculating, not every move has an exact purpose.
OK semantics here. Compiling picks allows him to make calculated moves down the road. Bill always one step ahead of his peers. Zigging while they're zagging. Playing chess while... you already know the ending.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they all are zigging and BB zags. 8^)

This is only the first step. The Boston media all look like shitheads this morning because not one of them even had an inkling that BB was doing anything and even Curran's tirade was posted in here. Now the scramble begins. Calls will be going out to all of the other 31 teams and every CI that these guys have. They got bamboozled by best and the NFL and ESPN beat everyone of them to the punch. Here come the rumors.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad Trent is back.

Hopefully not on that second one.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PLEASE tell me they have better options that Cam this year. I don’t think I can watch that train wreck again.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots acquired RT Trent Brown and a 2022 seventh-round pick from the Raiders in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round pick.​

Brown will return to New England, where he played in 2018. His one-year deal with the Pats will be worth up to $11 million, according to ESPN. His play with New England in 2018 was good enough to earn a four-year, $66 million contract from the Raiders in 2019. In 2020, Brown played five games and spent time on the reserve/COVID-19 list along with several other Raiders offensive linemen. "When he's healthy, he's dominant," Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said of Brown at the end of the 2020 season. "And you've got to juxtapose that with his inability to play, week to week, over a two-year period. We've got to get a more consistent player." Brown will join a New England offensive line ranked by Pro Football Focus as 2020's 15th best pass blocking unit and sixth best run blocking group.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots aren't expected to franchise tag LG Joe Thuney.​

It was reported in February that the team and Thuney were never close in contract negotiations, so this comes as little surprise. Thuney, 28, played under New England's franchise tag in 2020. Pro Football Focus' 15th highest rated guard in 2020, Thuney will hit free agency as a highly desired offensive line anchor.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still sadly think Cam is the starting QB next year for the Patriots. I just don't see BB drafting a quality ready to start now QB in this years draft. As mentioned in the other thread he will draft defense rather than offense and try to get WR via FA market

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still sadly think Cam is the starting QB next year for the Patriots. I just don't see BB drafting a quality ready to start now QB in this years draft. As mentioned in the other thread he will draft defense rather than offense and try to get WR via FA market
I'm still holding out hope he picks up a vet and selects a QB mid to late rounds.