• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Trent Brown returns to NE

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it begins, Trent Brown restructures deal to come back to NE. One year $11M.

Had an off year last year. Was that part of being in LV? Playing for Chuckie?

I wish it was at least a two year deal hate signing OL for a year as it usually takes two years to gel.

I hope this doesn't mean BB thinks this signing will help Cam throw the ball? GROC
Get Rid Of Cam

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE has a much better blocking scheme/system than LV. They are a well-tuned machine in NE regardless of the name on the jersey.

If I had a dollar for every time the Steelers played them when they were forced to start some unknown UDFA and he ended up only allowing maybe 2-3 pressures...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor move by the Pat's unless they can work out a very reasonable extension with him.

Any team that is handing out 1 year deals at near market level price this offseason with the limited cap space that exists is failing. If you are one of the few teams with cap space this offseason, you should be leveraging it into improving your team not only this year but 2 to 3 years into the future.

Any one year deal given this offseason is a missed opportunity with the artificial and temporary cap crunch that is going on in the league.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor move by the Pat's unless they can work out a very reasonable extension with him.

Any team that is handing out 1 year deals at near market level price this offseason with the limited cap space that exists is failing. If you are one of the few teams with cap space this offseason, you should be leveraging it into improving your team not only this year but 2 to 3 years into the future.

Any one year deal given this offseason is a missed opportunity with the artificial and temporary cap crunch that is going on in the league.
I would've liked to have seen a longer deal as well but,
1. How healthy is Brown? He's only played 16 games over the past two seasons.
2. If this means now the Pats let Cannon walk that clears up another $5M. So a difference of a little over $5M for a potential one season rental.
3. Is this what Brown and BB wanted? Another chance for a big pay day? Not sure and too lazy to look up if there was a no trade?

So yes easy to say it should've been a longer deal. But if Brown can play like he did in 2018 this is a B+ signing for NE.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish it was at least a two year deal hate signing OL for a year as it usually takes two years to gel.

I hope this doesn't mean BB thinks this signing will help Cam throw the ball? GROC
Get Rid Of Cam
Maybe a thought of bolstering the line for a possible Fitzmagic signing

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fitz, who gives me fits, comes to the Pats, I will slit my wrists.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've liked to have seen a longer deal as well but,
1. How healthy is Brown? He's only played 16 games over the past two seasons.
2. If this means now the Pats let Cannon walk that clears up another $5M. So a difference of a little over $5M for a potential one season rental.
3. Is this what Brown and BB wanted? Another chance for a big pay day? Not sure and too lazy to look up if there was a no trade?

So yes easy to say it should've been a longer deal. But if Brown can play like he did in 2018 this is a B+ signing for NE.
The difference reaches $5 million only with incentives. If he regains form it will be $5 million, if he is just average, he'll be similar cost as Cannon

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannon sent to Houston for exchange of 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks.
Patriots dump another $6 million+ of salary cap....-

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannon sent to Houston for exchange of 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks.
Patriots dump another $6 million+ of salary cap....-
I think after the Brown signing most figured Cannon would be released or have to renegotiate his contract.

Glad NE got a little for him.

Good luck Marcus a versatile, three time SB Champ.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Get Rid Of Cam

He's got work ethic issues and I know the concern when he was with the 9ers is if he was going to be one of those "get paid, get fat" kinda of guys.

One year deal is actually a good contract for him as it'll keep him motivated to play hard and stay in shape and I'm sure BB knows that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got work ethic issues and I know the concern when he was with the 9ers is if he was going to be one of those "get paid, get fat" kinda of guys.

One year deal is actually a good contract for him as it'll keep him motivated to play hard and stay in shape and I'm sure BB knows that.
He didn't have issues during his tenure in NE, thus the big pay day he received.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some players need strong leadership.
Apparently he was not happy in SF.
He is ecstatic to get back to NE where they won't let him not put the work in.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this signing, truly do. Just don't know if that means BB is going to get players that would be beneficial for Cam only or what would truly be good for the team overall

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this signing, truly do. Just don't know if that means BB is going to get players that would be beneficial for Cam only or what would truly be good for the team overall
nothing will help cam save your money for next year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not mutually exclusive.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some players need strong leadership.
Apparently he was not happy in SF.
He is ecstatic to get back to NE where they won't let him not put the work in.
Agreed and I hope he's a greedy SOB. He has weight clauses to meet IOT get his full contract.

I think the haters are starting to hate again.

Now if BB can make a move on a QB.