• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's "quasi" mock draft '20

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a number of people on here that have said that ANY back can be productive in an Andy Reid system, much like Shanny. .... so, will he produce, probably; how much, who knows - heck, D. Williams and Spencer Ware did. .. and they were never accused of being special. ... just saying.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5'7 @207 pounds with 55 catches his senior year, label him how you wish. Heard a lot of comparisons. A stouter, slower Austin Ekeler seems close to me. Also heard him compared to Devonta Freeman, which is also fair I guess since he seems to like contact and similar size wise. Don't think he is close in talent to Freeman.
The scouting report says is is often lined up as a WR, but after watching three different game tapes this morning all I saw was him running to the flat and turning around for a pass, over and over.
Although I'm not impressed with Helaire even a little, any RB starting on the Chiefs is worth owning in PPR leagues. Would be hesitant to use the 1.01 rookie pick on him myself. Have to watch the rest of the draft to see landing spots. Hopefully several RBs will find good landing spots.

Certainly no guarantee to reach this level but I think he's very comparable to an MJD or Brian Westbrook (though those guys were a little different from each other).

I think Andy Reid sees his next Westbrook.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Andy Reid sees his next Westbrook.
Guess he does. The Chiefs were the #runningbacksdon'tmatter crowd proudest example for their motto. Got to sting some that the Chiefs actually used a first round pick on a RB. Think it also means he's going to get used plenty, fairly soon. His pass blocking could hold back to begin with maybe, but Reid is going to want to justify this surprising choice when the defense has needs to be addressed.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he does. The Chiefs were the #runningbacksdon'tmatter crowd proudest example for their motto. Got to sting some that the Chiefs actually used a first round pick on a RB. Think it also means he's going to get used plenty, fairly soon. His pass blocking could hold back to begin with maybe, but Reid is going to want to justify this surprising choice when the defense has needs to be addressed.

had to chap their ass a bit to see a handful of LBs go within a few picks of theirs last night

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be impressive for them, no doubts. Hard to see them passing on him early, hard still to see JAX, and CAR, and Indy, all pass on him too though.

Can't Wait!

:bolt:

i missed on that one

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exacty

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really think any team is the running backs don't matter example. I think it's a generally true statement across the NFL. Not that they have no value at all but that it's minimal and the difference between the top and bottom of the position isn't much. That said, a pass catching RB is about as valuable as you can in today's NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think any team is the running backs don't matter example. I think it's a generally true statement across the NFL. Not that they have no value at all but that it's minimal and the difference between the top and bottom of the position isn't much. That said, a pass catching RB is about as valuable as you can in today's NFL.
It's not a true statement across the NFL. Guys like CMC, Cook and Zeke matter to their team. A 3 down back is valuable. Every bit as much as other skilled positions minus the QB.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a true statement across the NFL. Guys like CMC, Cook and Zeke matter to their team. A 3 down back is valuable. Every bit as much as other skilled positions minus the QB.
Fact - - the problem is there just aren't many of them left these days. ......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact - - the problem is there just aren't many of them left these days. ......
And only Cook is on a playoff team.
I think other teams/schemes are taking note of that too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And only Cook is on a playoff team.
I think other teams/schemes are taking note of that too.
Lots of ways to be successful. Not every team can land a QB like Mahomes or even Jackson. Not every team can build a run game like the 49ers built with mediocre RBs but outstanding run blocking scheme. A elite RB will always be valuable.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that's true at all. The amount of value a guy like Zeke adds over somebody like Carlos Hyde off the street is not much. And when you consider that they're paying him a boat load right now he's arguably a net negative simply because they could've gotten something better for his $10 mil or whatever it is he makes. And the thing he does best - running the ball - is usually a sub optimal play. Dallas is almost always better off just letting Dak throw on any given play.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's true at all. The amount of value a guy like Zeke adds over somebody like Carlos Hyde off the street is not much. And when you consider that they're paying him a boat load right now he's arguably a net negative simply because they could've gotten something better for his $10 mil or whatever it is he makes. And the thing he does best - running the ball - is usually a sub optimal play. Dallas is almost always better off just letting Dak throw on any given play.

That's true of any position even QB how many of these teams giving their QBs 30+ million got better after they paid their guy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true of any position even QB how many of these teams giving their QBs 30+ million got better after they paid their guy

yeah you can use his argument on WRs or TEs if one wishes to.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah you can use his argument on WRs or TEs if one wishes to.

You can't find half decent production off the street at those positions. And when those positions do something it's more likely to impact the most important part of the game - passing the ball and stopping the pass.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't find half decent production off the street at those positions. And when those positions do something it's more likely to impact the most important part of the game - passing the ball and stopping the pass.

There were plenty of guys equal to or better than a Carlos Hyde at those positions this off season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't find half decent production off the street at those positions
Perriman comes to mind after like 3 seconds. So yeah easy enough to find WRs for cheap.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kerryon stock takes a tumble!