• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's "quasi" mock draft '20

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, like everyone else..Bored. Might as well throw this out there.

I'm not gonna go pick by pick, I think its a ludicrous exercise in madness. There's gonna be trades, any one of which is going to throw the entire rest of the board into the area of pointless.
So, here's a more or less ballpark of what I think is gonna happen tonight.
  1. Cincy takes Burrows
  2. Either Miami or LAC trades up with Detroit to take Herbert
  3. If Miami is that team, LAC goes with an OL and Tua falls to either Carolina at 7, or JAX at 9. If LAC takes Herbert, Miami stays put and takes Tua, in which case CAR and JAX likely go chalk with picks that don't matter much for fantasy purposes
  4. First WR off the board will be the Raiders @ #12. And it could be Juedy or Lamb, won't be Ruggs, Chucky is running this draft, not the Davis's
  5. Niners likely trade back, likely with a team looking for D help
  6. TB takes OL-Gotta protect the GOAT
  7. Denver takes Ruggs, better compliment to Sutton than whichever is left between Lamb and Juedy, either of whom would supplant Sutton and that's not what they're looking to do.
  8. ATL reaches for a QB
  9. Mia ends tonight with a new QB, new tackle, and new RB-who I think will be named Swift
  10. JAX resists the urge to replace Minshew
  11. GB and NO both go WR. NO gets Lamb or Juedy, GB goes Jefferson
  12. New England takes a QB
  13. KC goes D, and the groan from fantasy community hoping for a new shiny toy for Reid and Mahommes is heard echoning throughout the empty streets
So, 5 QB's, 4-5 WR's, and 1 RB.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I run a challenge for friends to see who can predict the most accurate

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont allow trades but if you think Miami trades up to #3 and takes Tua put Tua at #3 and so on

I feel completely lost this year

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these are all pretty good predictions with the exception of Atlanta. Ryan is too good and young (for a QB). And that FO/coaching staff is trying to save their jobs right now - they need an immediate piece.

Think you might be right about Herbert going ahead of Tua but I just wanna go on record that that is absolutely bat shit crazy. I wouldn't even take Herbert over Hurts let alone with a top 5 pick :puke:

That said, whatever happens tonight - as long as Chase Young is wearing burgundy and gold from now on I'm happy.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these are all pretty good predictions with the exception of Atlanta. Ryan is too good and young (for a QB). And that FO/coaching staff is trying to save their jobs right now - they need an immediate piece.

Think you might be right about Herbert going ahead of Tua but I just wanna go on record that that is absolutely bat shit crazy. I wouldn't even take Herbert over Hurts let alone with a top 5 pick :puke:

That said, whatever happens tonight - as long as Chase Young is wearing burgundy and gold from now on I'm happy.
True for sure, but, if you look at him never getting over the hump, his age, his contract, think about what his next contract will surely look like, and that whomever you draft can be brought along in the traditional fashion where they sit and learn, ala, Mahommes, Rodgers, etc... Up until that next contract time comes around, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If they don't do it in the first, I'd bet the second

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is all over the place on this draft. The local talk now is the only way the Dolphins trade up is if they can get Burrow at #1, otherwise they will stay put and they will go offensive line with #5 and will basically let the Chargers decide who they want between Tua and Herbert, because they aren't really sold on either one of them. The consensus seems to be that the Chargers will take Herbert. If that happens and Tua is still there at #18, I think it will be between him and Jordan Love and the talk here is that the Dolphins think Love is just as good of a prospect as the other two are, so who the hell knows what's going to happen. If that scenario does play out though, I find it hard to believe that another team doesn't trade up before #18 to get Tua.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love’s inaccuracy is my biggest concern

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bills out for tonight (barring a trade), I'm looking fantasy.

I want Falcons to go O line early.
I want Eagles to not even look at RB all weekend.
I want Bears to copy Eagles.
I want Packers to draft a bust WR (too unlikely to wish for them to ignore WR)
I want Chargers to go Tua...and avoid RB all weekend.

And I predict OJ Howard and the Bucs 1st to Washington for Trent Williams.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bills out for tonight (barring a trade), I'm looking fantasy.

I want Falcons to go O line early.
I want Packers to draft a bust WR (too unlikely to wish for them to ignore WR)
I want Chargers to go Tua...and avoid RB all weekend.

And I predict OJ Howard and the Bucs 1st to Washington for Trent Williams.
You shut your whore mouth!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everybody is all over the place on this draft. The local talk now is the only way the Dolphins trade up is if they can get Burrow at #1, otherwise they will stay put and they will go offensive line with #5 and will basically let the Chargers decide who they want between Tua and Herbert, because they aren't really sold on either one of them. The consensus seems to be that the Chargers will take Herbert. If that happens and Tua is still there at #18, I think it will be between him and Jordan Love and the talk here is that the Dolphins think Love is just as good of a prospect as the other two are, so who the hell knows what's going to happen. If that scenario does play out though, I find it hard to believe that another team doesn't trade up before #18 to get Tua.

Is Rosen an after thought at this point? Call me crazy, but Fitz and a steady coach/system might be what Rosen needs.

So glad Buffalo went Allen...can't stand to even look at Rosen, but I think he's been shuffled around so much, somebody is missing something.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rosen an after thought at this point? Call me crazy, but Fitz and a steady coach/system might be what Rosen needs.

So glad Buffalo went Allen...can't stand to even look at Rosen, but I think he's been shuffled around so much, somebody is missing something.
yeah I dont think he has gotten a true shot but who knows. If Miami doesnt go QB this year they will definitely next year.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, like everyone else..Bored. Might as well throw this out there.

I'm not gonna go pick by pick, I think its a ludicrous exercise in madness. There's gonna be trades, any one of which is going to throw the entire rest of the board into the area of pointless.
So, here's a more or less ballpark of what I think is gonna happen tonight.
  1. Cincy takes Burrows
  2. Either Miami or LAC trades up with Detroit to take Herbert
  3. If Miami is that team, LAC goes with an OL and Tua falls to either Carolina at 7, or JAX at 9. If LAC takes Herbert, Miami stays put and takes Tua, in which case CAR and JAX likely go chalk with picks that don't matter much for fantasy purposes
  4. First WR off the board will be the Raiders @ #12. And it could be Juedy or Lamb, won't be Ruggs, Chucky is running this draft, not the Davis's
  5. Niners likely trade back, likely with a team looking for D help
  6. TB takes OL-Gotta protect the GOAT
  7. Denver takes Ruggs, better compliment to Sutton than whichever is left between Lamb and Juedy, either of whom would supplant Sutton and that's not what they're looking to do.
  8. ATL reaches for a QB
  9. Mia ends tonight with a new QB, new tackle, and new RB-who I think will be named Swift
  10. JAX resists the urge to replace Minshew
  11. GB and NO both go WR. NO gets Lamb or Juedy, GB goes Jefferson
  12. New England takes a QB
  13. KC goes D, and the groan from fantasy community hoping for a new shiny toy for Reid and Mahommes is heard echoning throughout the empty streets
So, 5 QB's, 4-5 WR's, and 1 RB.

and just for 13 alone i gave cake instead of like on you original post

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final thoughts on Matty Ice.

Firstly, yes its a stretch, but, secondly, ask yourself, has he ever been the QB we all think he should be? I mean a career full of guys like Roddy White, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, SJAX, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, Ridley...shouldn't he have better than just "better than average" numbers, year after year? Never led the league in anything statistically meaningful, no Super Bowl wins, a 4-6 playoff record..at some point, don't you just realize that he's a slightly better, but much more expensive, Andy Dalton? In 2 years he's gonna count 40+ million against the cap..sure a 20+ million dead cap hit if he's cut or traded, but that's still significantly cheaper. Its not at all out of the realm of possibility..all I'm sayin'...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TUA FALLS TO MIAMI AT 18.

my one bold prediction.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TUA FALLS TO MIAMI AT 18.

my one bold prediction.
That'd be impressive for them, no doubts. Hard to see them passing on him early, hard still to see JAX, and CAR, and Indy, all pass on him too though.

Can't Wait!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont have to worry about Pace/Bears.
Rumor has it Bears will trade back to get more picks.
And if he does decide to draft a RB, he'll probably get some unknown RB from a division 2 school.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even this :hockeysmile:lovin crazy:canada::couch2: waiting in
tenor.gif
ring the
images
lets get er going....