• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's "quasi" mock draft '20

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final thoughts on Matty Ice.

Firstly, yes its a stretch, but, secondly, ask yourself, has he ever been the QB we all think he should be? I mean a career full of guys like Roddy White, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, Tony Gonzalez, SJAX, Freeman, Coleman, Sanu, Ridley...shouldn't he have better than just "better than average" numbers, year after year? Never led the league in anything statistically meaningful, no Super Bowl wins, a 4-6 playoff record..at some point, don't you just realize that he's a slightly better, but much more expensive, Andy Dalton? In 2 years he's gonna count 40+ million against the cap..sure a 20+ million dead cap hit if he's cut or traded, but that's still significantly cheaper. Its not at all out of the realm of possibility..all I'm sayin'...

I'll add to your final thoughts here - I think he's been what the fantasy community wants, for whatever that's worth.

was #2 overall behind Mahomes insane season 2 yrs ago, backend QB1 last year, which is where he usually ends up. But you do make some great points as to why the real (not fantasy) football minds could be thinking of changing horses in the near future.

And I still blame Quinn for the 28-3 debacle, not Ryan. So the dude should have a ring under his belt, which is the only true measure of real football success, fuck stats, stats are for the fantasy crowd. W's, trophies, and profit are all front offices care about.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only hot take for tonight is that Herbert goes before Tua, but that doesn't seem like that hot of a take.

i was debating whether or not I was going to even pay attention during the live portion of the draft, as I'm still a little salty for losing $20 to my bro-in-law when Drew Lock didn't go in the 1st round thanks to the brain dead idiots running the shit show we call the Skins. But with no sports for over a month and none on the immediate horizon, I'll tune in.

Fucking Haskins over Lock? Terrible. Still can't believe it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors swirling that the Jags trade up to #3 and take Herbert

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was going to mention that superbowl as well

however im afraid of the spinning avatar

and i knew some one like you would chime in aand put it all into better perspective.....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish list for miami is Joe burrows above all else. If we cant trade up than I wish for tua, riggs, and clyde

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was going to mention that superbowl as well

however im afraid of the spinning avatar

and i knew some one like you would chime in aand put it all into better perspective.....
Haha, no, I sure don't pin that super bowl on Ryan, as in any way being on him. But, fact remains, he didn't win

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish list for miami is Joe burrows above all else. If we cant trade up than I wish for tua, riggs, and clyde

I mean, pretty sure everyone on this board knew you wanted Ruggs for the Fins already, but thx, lol

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why you want Ruggs, but why would the 'Phins want Ruggs?? Or CEH for that matter, they need a RB, not a wannabe :)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why you want Ruggs, but why would the 'Phins want Ruggs?? Or CEH for that matter, they need a RB, not a wannabe :)
I know the odds of ruggs are low but it would be fun to see. Then again I was overwhelmed with joy back when miami draft Ted Ginn jr in the first and that didnt go so well so there is that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. KC goes D, and the groan from fantasy community hoping for a new shiny toy for Reid and Mahommes is heard echoning throughout the empty streets
My guess is that the Chiefs are keeping their options open. I'm not ruling out OL or even RB in rd1.

The list of players the Chiefs looked at once is quite large. I think the only person they looked at twice was Van Jefferson and thats not too surprising considering his age and injury. Imo, the Chiefs have one BPA pick where they can just pick a guy regardless of position. They probably won't do that on a WR, though.

But yeah....probably defense.

I also agree that the Raiders probably aren't picking Ruggs if Jeudy and Lamb are on the board. Carr's skillset matches better with Jeudy and Lamb.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami leaves the first round without at least 2 OL they have failed IMO

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yepper 2 Ol and a Qb is my guess....
or Burrow and squat
Tua only. I dont like Herbert at all. I wouldnt take him before Hurts.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yepper 2 Ol and a Qb is my guess....
or Burrow and squat
Not that anyone cares but I really want burrows the most. I'm sold on him. And if miami gets him I'll pay up.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Chiefs are keeping their options open. I'm not ruling out OL or even RB in rd1.

The list of players the Chiefs looked at once is quite large. I think the only person they looked at twice was Van Jefferson and thats not too surprising considering his age and injury. Imo, the Chiefs have one BPA pick where they can just pick a guy regardless of position. They probably won't do that on a WR, though.

But yeah....probably defense.

I also agree that the Raiders probably aren't picking Ruggs if Jeudy and Lamb are on the board. Carr's skillset matches better with Jeudy and Lamb.
The Chiefs taking a RB in the first would be awesome, every fantasy geek like me would pay through the nose for that dynasty pick.

Yeah, I mean, I hope my Raiders find a QB, not just an efficient game manager like Carr has become. Theres worse things out there, but its maddening to watch knowing youre never gonna see a play down field. I mean, third and ten or more? Theres not even a millisecond where you think they might get it becuase Carr won't even throw far enough to make the sticks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the odds of ruggs are low but it would be fun to see. Then again I was overwhelmed with joy back when miami draft Ted Ginn jr in the first and that didnt go so well so there is that.
I think that bad things happen probably twice as often as good things when you draft simply based on raw speed. Take it from a lifelong Raiders fan who watched Al Davis do that exact thing, over and over again, and it never worked, other than maybe defensively once or twice

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't imagine a worse situation for Burrow.

Miami needs to build the trenches.
They sure do, but without anyone to throw the ball, without anyone worth a damn to run the ball, and without anyone worth a damn to throw to..I mean..as long as they address any of those needs, smartly, I think they achieve a win. As long as they come away with players at any of OL/DL/LB/DB/QB/RB...they get a mission accomplished in my book.

I mean, with SO many needs, the only way they blow it is by trading the picks to move up to 3 or 1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure do, but without anyone to throw the ball, without anyone worth a damn to run the ball, and without anyone worth a damn to throw to..I mean..as long as they address any of those needs, smartly, I think they achieve a win. As long as they come away with players at any of OL/DL/LB/DB/QB/RB...they get a mission accomplished in my book.

I mean, with SO many needs, the only way they blow it is by trading the picks to move up to 3 or 1
I like Parker and Williams but Fitz time is running short for sure. OL top priority and QB second.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that bad things happen probably twice as often as good things when you draft simply based on raw speed. Take it from a lifelong Raiders fan who watched Al Davis do that exact thing, over and over again, and it never worked, other than maybe defensively once or twice
I almost mocked Jordan Love to them but thought Mayock wouldn’t do that.