• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's predictions guaranteed to be wrong, 2022 edition

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 - only 6 WR had more scrimmage yards than Moore.
2020 - only 8 WR had more...
2021 - only 8...

If anything, the only stat limiting Moore is his TD totals (4, 4 & 4).
I suspect that too changes this year.
I guess I'm truly not getting what point you're trying to prove with this???
DJ Moore mightve been 11th in yards receiving, but I cannot understand how his 14 yards rushing moves him up to 9th where only 8 are ahead of him, when #10 Dionte Johnson had 25 yards rushing, he obviously doesnt move in front of him.?? Return yards perhaps?? But in 90% of leagues those are irrelevant anyways. And if it is return yardage, its all purpose yards, not yards from scrimmage, yes?

But, regardless, in full ppr he was 17th or 18th, standard - 20th, 21st in points scored, and unless you're in that 10-15 range, you aren't a borderline WR1. Yards certainly matter, but points trump all.

And nothing in those lists address him dipping a full 10 yards a game under Darnold which certainly pushed him further down the list than he was in 19 & 20, which than allows for him to 'return to borderline status', because in the high teens, low 20's, he certainly wasnt last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For purely selfish or other reasons, here are mine:

Super Bowl- Tennessee over Tampa
NFL MVP - Josh Allen
NFL comeback player of the year - Henry
NFL offensive rookie of the year - Skyy Moore
Like you said, TREFF, no one else will step up. JuJu and MVS played with 2 of the best QB in the game and couldn't take the next step.​
NFL defensive rookie of the year- don't care
NFL defensive MVP - don't care
Passing yards leader- Josh Allen
Passing TD leader - Tom Brady
Receiving yards leader- Cooper Kupp
Receiving TD leader- Allen Lazard (yep, stinkin' Packer - but everyone else left, someone's gotta catch Rodgers' 40 TD passes.)
Rushing leader- Henry
Rushing TD leader Henry
Skyy Moore could end up being Mahomes' guy. It's ultimately going to come down to who gets separation because no one blitzes Mahomes and he is used to guys getting open. If you look at the Chiefs roster then the fast dudes are MVS, Moore, Hardman, and Pacheco.

Last edited:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess I'm truly not getting what point you're trying to prove with this???
Its not important.
Was just making conversation.

But my point (if my data was correct - now im not sure & cant check), was that if Moore is finishing in the top 12 in yardage for WR the last 3 seasons, then arguably, he should already be someone's WR1 (which goes back to your original point that he would get to that WR1 status).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not important.
Was just making conversation.

But my point (if my data was correct - now im not sure & cant check), was that if Moore is finishing in the top 12 in yardage for WR the last 3 seasons, then arguably, he should already be someone's WR1 (which goes back to your original point that he would get to that WR1 status).
Got it. Yes, the yardage totals suggest he could be someone's #1. Hopefully Baker, which imho, will be the best passing QB he's ever had (which is a sad statement, but I think true, nonetheless), will get him those TD's

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Giants are my two sleeper teams this year... not sure if they can make the playoffs... But I got both playing 7-10 or better
7 is fine for the Giants. Just don't go getting any crazy ideas of going over 7.5 :thumb:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly betting the under on them

We should make this a game for us FF board people.

I’ll try to start a thread on all the bet lines. And we just simply bet every team. Most correct wins.

Wish I thought of this sooner as football starts tomorrow.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should make this a game for us FF board people.

I’ll try to start a thread on all the bet lines. And we just simply bet every team. Most correct wins.

Wish I thought of this sooner as football starts tomorrow.
Well all my wagers are on the top of this thread, so, you've got a kick start

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly didn't peg the Texans tie, nor the Rams loss, but I got roughly %70 of the week one games, including the Seahawks "upset" of Denver.
My Cowboys are effed with no Prescott so that prediction is toast.
And the Patriots were even worse offensively than initial reports indicated, so barring a major turn around, that one is screwed too