• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1659754854668.png

Now given they do have 2 of the starters wrong on this list with Meinerz and Anderson more likely to start, but it is nice to see they think pretty darn highly of the Bronco OL. Also crazy to see it so balanced between the pass and run.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 304318

Now given they do have 2 of the starters wrong on this list with Meinerz and Anderson more likely to start, but it is nice to see they think pretty darn highly of the Bronco OL. Also crazy to see it so balanced between the pass and run.
we need Billy Turner at RT. he’s proven quality starter. it’s been a failed position for years under Elway.

get well soon Billy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need Billy Turner at RT. he’s proven quality starter. it’s been a failed position for years under Elway.

get well soon Billy
Problem is with him yet to return from injury can you trust him with limited practices to be ready for the season? I agree talent wise I think a healthy Billy Turner is our best option. Unfortunately one of the most important things in the NFL is your availability. A great example is plenty believe that Derwin James is the best safety in football. And that might be true when healthy, but I Don't think you can rate him as the best when the man misses half the games. I would take Justin Simmons all day every day even if Derwin is the better player.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

get well soon Billy
I’m actually hoping Anderson locks it down. With Turner’s versatility, I think he would be a great back up swing tackle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually hoping Anderson locks it down. With Turner’s versatility, I think he would be a great back up swing tackle.

I've heard some rumors that the Broncos are actually looking at Turner more for the LG spot than RT when he does return. There really is something about Risner that they don't like and just seem to want to move on while they can and get some value. They have pushed Muti to try and win the job, but unfortunately he hasn't been able to take it and they really want Glasgow to be more the swing option for the interior because of his work at all 3 positions.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is with him yet to return from injury can you trust him with limited practices to be ready for the season? I agree talent wise I think a healthy Billy Turner is our best option. Unfortunately one of the most important things in the NFL is your availability. A great example is plenty believe that Derwin James is the best safety in football. And that might be true when healthy, but I Don't think you can rate him as the best when the man misses half the games. I would take Justin Simmons all day every day even if Derwin is the better player.
i dont think these vets need much time to get ready for the season. the NFL err LA Rams is figuring this out.

first 2-3 games is extended preseason anyways

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think these vets need much time to get ready for the season. the NFL err LA Rams is figuring this out.

first 2-3 games is extended preseason anyways

True. Although my big worry is the easier part of the Bronco schedule is early on. I would hate to see them start out slow then struggle to get back into things when they reach the heart of their schedule. My hope is early on the defense can hold down the fort while the offense works out the little issues. So still able to win games, but maybe not make it look pretty.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Although my big worry is the easier part of the Bronco schedule is early on. I would hate to see them start out slow then struggle to get back into things when they reach the heart of their schedule. My hope is early on the defense can hold down the fort while the offense works out the little issues. So still able to win games, but maybe not make it look pretty.
brady was 7-5 at one point in 2020
manning started 2-3 down 24-0 in game 6
i except .500 ball for a while until russ and nate sync up

be patient young padawan

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady was 7-5 at one point in 2020
manning started 2-3 down 24-0 in game 6
i except .500 ball for a while until russ and nate sync up

be patient young padawan
Haha it is more I worry that even if the team doesn't hit their stride until the 2nd half of the season that blowing some of those earlier easier games will be the difference between winning the division and fighting for those final playoff spots.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha it is more I worry that even if the team doesn't hit their stride until the 2nd half of the season that blowing some of those earlier easier games will be the difference between winning the division and fighting for those final playoff spots.
well take solance in the fact i would not want to play any afcw team that makes the playoff. i am hoping for playoffs this year not a division title. that’s a bonus to me

still could do damage in the playoffs as a low seed

last year both #4 go to the SB

NFCW was the toughest division and those teams made the NFCC

i see the same thing this year with the AFCW.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for this kid. #89 Brandon Johnson UDFA.

3. Brandon Johnson (6-2, 195)​

WR-Brandon-Johnson.jpg

(Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports)
Johnson signed with the Broncos as a college free agent out of UCF after the draft. Originally viewed as a camp body competing for a spot on the practice squad, Johnson now has a real opportunity to win a roster spot. He’s been impressing at training camp and if that carries over into preseason, Johnson could be a dark horse to watch this fall.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well take solance in the fact i would not want to play any afcw team that makes the playoff. i am hoping for playoffs this year not a division title. that’s a bonus to me

still could do damage in the playoffs as a low seed

last year both #4 go to the SB

NFCW was the toughest division and those teams made the NFCC

i see the same thing this year with the AFCW.

1659884653657.png

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
72 and sunny here. But think strong wind and rain will be coming in soon.

I had a hamburger for lunch. I lead an exciting life.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought these were a couple interesting comments from today’s DPO:

Besides cornerback Pat Surtain II (the Broncos’ best player), the common question is about who has looked good in camp?

Defense: Outside linebacker Nik Bonitto is getting second-team reps and his athleticism is off the charts when he bends to get around the edge. … DL DeShawn Williams deserves to start in Week 1 — he has flashed dominance in wedging his way between the guard and center to create pressure. … Rookie cornerback Damarri Mathis has been around the football while in man coverage.

Offense: I like the way the Broncos are using tight end Albert Okwuegbunam, who is catching passes on all kinds of routes. … Running backs Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon will continue to be an effective 1-2 punch. … Fullback/tight end Andrew Beck has been involved during 11-on-11 work.

7. Hackett talked all spring about competition at the offensive line position. “We’re going to put the best five out there,” was a common comment. But the Broncos’ coaches have made the smart move to prioritize having the same group of five playing together. Left tackle Garett Bolles, left guard Dalton Risner, center Lloyd Cushenberry, right guard Quinn Meinerz and right tackle Calvin Anderson have been the first-team unit save for Netane Muti (right and left guard) and Luke Wattenberg (center) getting a few snaps.