• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo drafts Washington in rd 5 as a "handcuff" to one of his other 3 Bronco wide receivers.

Calling that now.
I’m assuming he wins it every year…

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things stood out from today to me...

1) Outten talked about how they do not run any 7-on-7 or 1-on-1 drills because those are not real football and they want all 11 guys getting used to playing together. I love this thought process and makes it where you have 22 guys practicing on every snap instead of maybe 3-4.

2) Wilson seems to be emphasizing throwing more over the middle. Today was a big Jeudy/Wilson day on some slant patterns. If he can add this to the offense then just makes teams have to adjust that much more to this offense. Seems like teams figured out just take away the deep ball and force Wilson to throw underneath if the run game isn't working. So nice he can say "fine take away my deep ball and I'll have Jeudy just gain 10-15 yards a catch".

3) I'm really impressed with players putting in the extra work. Darby joining WR's during some catching drills to work on his ability to well catch. It is the one big thing missing from his on field game in my opinion so if he can add the ability to force turnovers then this defense becomes pretty darn dangerous. Same with Jeudy joining the QB's in their meetings to get extra help in seeing the same thing as Russ on the field.

4) Hearing a lot of really good things about Browning as an edge player. Been good in the run game and explosive in the pass game. Would be huge for the Broncos to find that next great pass rusher and have 3-years here of cost control at the position. Would line up then with Gregory's contract.

5) Seems like there has been a huge emphasis on special teams practice this year. Good to see them not ignoring the 3rd unit of the team. Going to be interesting to see who wins the punting competition. I've heard good things about both of them.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard our UDFA Lber from Bama is back on the field now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard our UDFA Lber from Bama is back on the field now.

This is good to see. My bold prediction for the year is that he would not only make the roster, but have a better rookie season than Bonitto.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Bonitto is going to be the Defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive MVP of the league. He will break the sack-record with 24.5 sacks this year.

A man can dream....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, Bonitto is going to be the Defensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive MVP of the league. He will break the sack-record with 24.5 sacks this year.

A man can dream....

If you are going to dream then dream big! I've heard Bonitto has looked much better starting here at camp compared to earlier in the offseason. Now given again they still have yet to put on pads. Need to see how these guys do once the pads go on next week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has turned some heads too.

Again, means nothing but it is better then looking bad. ;)
Had some people tell me the guy looks like an action hero. Just huge and ready to do some damage. Now hopefully he doesn’t look like Tarzan but play like Jane.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Singleton has to be struggling. Joe Schobert in for a visit.

From what I have heard it is Jewell/Griffith then a huge drop off to the next group. There is talk the Broncos might only keep 3 off-ball LB's because they just do not like the group and want to keep guys they think can actually do something good.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never has a clip shown the inadequacy of our last coaching staff as well as that one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you non-Brett Rypien fans - he's throwing bombs in practice

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you non-Brett Rypien fans - he's throwing bombs in practice

Starting to believe he will win the backup job. Johnson has had some struggles from what I understand and Rypien has had a lot of big plays for a backup.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rypien could come in and win a game or 2 if needed with the right game plan around him. He is also a very intelligent QB from all accounts so that really helps in the QB room.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett on Cushenberry today:
It’s funny because, for a center, he’s so quiet and he doesn’t talk much. Then when he’s out there, his control and command of the offense has been really good. He understands the fronts, he understands the declarations, he understands the pass offs. He’s an unbelievably smart player and his physicality is pretty impressive, too. He’s probably having one of the hardest battles out on this field going against [DL] Mike [Purcell], going against [DT] D.J. [Jones], [DE] Dre’Mont [Jones]. There are so many people and some really good players. He is tested nonstop. Our whole offensive line is getting some great work against that d-line. I really like him understanding the system. He’s still making a run and winning all those Cahoots and stuff like that. He’s doing a fine job, and he’s really good.”

sure hope he takes the next step this year.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett on Cushenberry today:
It’s funny because, for a center, he’s so quiet and he doesn’t talk much. Then when he’s out there, his control and command of the offense has been really good. He understands the fronts, he understands the declarations, he understands the pass offs. He’s an unbelievably smart player and his physicality is pretty impressive, too. He’s probably having one of the hardest battles out on this field going against [DL] Mike [Purcell], going against [DT] D.J. [Jones], [DE] Dre’Mont [Jones]. There are so many people and some really good players. He is tested nonstop. Our whole offensive line is getting some great work against that d-line. I really like him understanding the system. He’s still making a run and winning all those Cahoots and stuff like that. He’s doing a fine job, and he’s really good.”

sure hope he takes the next step this year.
This is really good to hear and hopefully it is true in live action. I really liked this pick out of LSU when it happened so the last two seasons have been a bit of a disappointment.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Hackett philosophy I like is his insistence on 11 on 11 drills to reinforce the team concept.

PS2 and Courtland Sutton duels are becoming legend.

I'm excited about Montrell Washington's work with the offense as well as his special team's work. I understand some fans see contrails when Montrell turns on the jets.