• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like years since we had live Denver Bronco news.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame whoever was POTM.

• Wondering
Reactions: LGM

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last month. This belongs to whomever the Majestic 3 comes up with.

I vote crash for his post that was as long as OC's recent sex life.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Compton on PUP with a back procedure, no timetable for return. He doesn't have a long injury history so hopefully it is something minor and he can come back. Signed Cam Fleming as they were down to 1 RT. Amazing how a position that looks like it could have good depth is quickly quite thin.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Montreal Washington had an outstanding day. Notes from Mike High Report’s Scotty Payne:

Today we have Russell Wilson, linebacker Jonas Griffith still looking good, rookie Montrell Washington standing out, the Broncos defense wins the day, reserve safety P.J. Locke also standing out,

One Broncos pick that was universally questioned during the 2022 NFL Draft was the selection of wide receiver/kick returner Montrell Washington. Most draftnik’s graded him as a UDFA and he ended up going in the fifth round. So, there was some outrage, confusion, and second-guessing there. However, after one practice, the rookie Montell Washington created plenty of positive buzz about him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Montreal Washington had an outstanding day. Notes from Mike High Report’s Scotty Payne:

Today we have Russell Wilson, linebacker Jonas Griffith still looking good, rookie Montrell Washington standing out, the Broncos defense wins the day, reserve safety P.J. Locke also standing out,

One Broncos pick that was universally questioned during the 2022 NFL Draft was the selection of wide receiver/kick returner Montrell Washington. Most draftnik’s graded him as a UDFA and he ended up going in the fifth round. So, there was some outrage, confusion, and second-guessing there. However, after one practice, the rookie Montell Washington created plenty of positive buzz about him.

Good to hear Washington showing he belongs. I questioned the pick too mostly because I had never heard of the guy. Some people that I've talked to at practice said he especially showed himself in special teams that it is pretty obvious he is the best on the field. Has something extra to his game that the other guys just don't with his ability to move and cut in small spaces.

Few other guys I've heard good things about would be Dre'Mont destroying practice most of the day. Chubb also had himself quite a few big moments on the edge. Bonitto had his best practice so far. Had looked really lost earlier in the offseason so maybe starting to have a few things click.

Offensively sounds like at least early on Sutton is Wilson's go to guy. Went to him early and often in practice with good results. Jeudy not so much as guess he had a great throw for a TD only to see the defense strip it and the play end in an interception instead of TD.

Haven't heard many good things about the OL though. It will take them some time to get chemistry going though.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MileHigh Sports this afternoon:

Thursday, which focused on special teams, Washington again had some jaw-dropping plays. On his returns, he just moves and looks different from everyone else he’s competing with, in the best way possible. At one point, he caught a punt, ran almost straight to the sideline, then bent the return upfield, and beat every single Bronco down the sidelines. It looked like he was one more heel turn away from running a circle around the entire special teams unit before they could even move a muscle.

If this can translate to live reps, look out

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the Washington news. Not that a few good practices means a lot but it is better then nothing and we had so many people rag on that pick when in reality they never saw the guy play. Really rooting for this kid.

Locke getting so much love this offseason almost feels like he is starting to "LOCK" up a position which sucks for Jamar Johnson fan like myself as I think Turner-Yell will make it (which is great for a Turner-Yell fan) like myself.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how Wilson does with Denver this year. Pretty loaded roster for the Broncos, no?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went yesterday and stood next to Mark Schlreth for a while.

not much yesterday allot of against air and ST.

Jeudy had moments and also drops which was a bummer.

didn’t see anything jaw dropping.

Albert O looks primed for a big year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Washington news. Not that a few good practices means a lot but it is better then nothing and we had so many people rag on that pick when in reality they never saw the guy play. Really rooting for this kid.

Locke getting so much love this offseason almost feels like he is starting to "LOCK" up a position which sucks for Jamar Johnson fan like myself as I think Turner-Yell will make it (which is great for a Turner-Yell fan) like myself.
A guy I talked to said that Locke has been the 2nd best safety all offseason. He has really stepped up his game and looks very natural and athletic. Wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos maybe decided Jackson isn't a necessary piece. Jackson is one that if he isn't starting then his value drops dramatically because he is not a huge special teams guy.

One I have heard some disappointing news so far is Caden Sterns. Given we are only 3 practices into training camp, but sounds like they were hoping for a bit of a bigger step forward for him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been several reports saying Locke has had a terrific offseason. Jackson has the leadership skills though. I think we keep him around. I think it would be bad vibe in the locker room if we brought him back and then released him. If anything he might lose his starting position. No safeties other then Justin Simmons really have much experience playing safety so hard to cut Jackson, IMO.

I find it hard to believe Locke makes an impact as a safety despite the reports. I am going to call Todd DeVoe, Duke Ihenacho, Kevin Kasper on this one.... I could be and hope I am wrong but I will believe it when I see it with Locke. I am not calling him bad I just don't believe he will ever be good enough to cut a guy like Kareem Jackson. Maybe one day PJ Locke will be on a commercial and he can say "He said I wasn't good enough"... and I can be one of those people that look like an awful human being.

Has anyone heard any reports on Turner-Yell or Jamar Johnson? I did speak to Turner-Yell a few days ago but not going to dig deep on information from him but he did comment on how close he has become with the DB group. This team feels closer then ever to me with the new staff. Side note.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been several reports saying Locke has had a terrific offseason. Jackson has the leadership skills though. I think we keep him around. I think it would be bad vibe in the locker room if we brought him back and then released him. If anything he might lose his starting position. No safeties other then Justin Simmons really have much experience playing safety so hard to cut Jackson, IMO.

I find it hard to believe Locke makes an impact as a safety despite the reports. I am going to call Todd DeVoe, Duke Ihenacho, Kevin Kasper on this one.... I could be and hope I am wrong but I will believe it when I see it with Locke. I am not calling him bad I just don't believe he will ever be good enough to cut a guy like Kareem Jackson. Maybe one day PJ Locke will be on a commercial and he can say "He said I wasn't good enough"... and I can be one of those people that look like an awful human being.

Has anyone heard any reports on Turner-Yell or Jamar Johnson? I did speak to Turner-Yell a few days ago but not going to dig deep on information from him but he did comment on how close he has become with the DB group. This team feels closer then ever to me with the new staff. Side note.

And the Locke stuff you are right is premature at this time. He did have a decent preseason last year before getting cut, but we shall see how this all plays out. Pads go on soon and that is when we should start getting a better picture of who is the real deal. I remember a lot of years of Jarvis Moss looking good until the pads went on. Plenty of others that qualify but he is the one that always sticks out in my mind of looking great in shorts, but then shrinking when the real football was played.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today is go time
good vs good

a sellout crowd. need a ticket to attend

should be a good time. do not have a ticket

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Locke stuff you are right is premature at this time. He did have a decent preseason last year before getting cut,
No doubt.

Locke actually wasn’t cut last year though. He made the team. The year before he was cut and re-signed to the PS then elevated after injury/covid and stayed on roster rest of year. Didn’t offer much on special teams which is key for him. 4 tackles in 16 games. Maybe he is a better S then special teams player. ;). Never was impressed with him at Texas but this is now and it is a new year!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One item I found interesting in TC was that Hackett has the entire offense installed already. Hackett stated that he does this to see which plays best suit his player's talents and then cuts out the plays later than don't work with this roster. I like this kind of thinking - instead of the usual NFL coaching gambit of installing the offense in segments.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo drafts Washington in rd 5 as a "handcuff" to one of his other 3 Bronco wide receivers.

Calling that now.