• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dislike these fluff pieces on Alex Smith.

I just wish we as 49ers fans could all agree that while Alex wasn't good enough to save the 49ers the way Cam Newton and Andrew Luck (saved/will save) the Panthers and Colts... it wasn't entirely his fault either. It is fucking pathetic that the best WR the 49ers have had since they drafted Smith, may turn out to be a 35 yr old Randy Moss. 7 years later.

Anyway, I hope you get my point... it is fucking pathetic that Randy Moss might be Alex Smith's first 1000 yard WR.

Considering that the Kolb/Skelton fail monster that the Cards fielded a year ago still produced a 1400 yard season for Fitzgerald. It just might be time to stop giving Crabtree a free pass because Smith is the QB, I'd hope by now most of you realize that if Crabtree had any real #1 WR ability.... Smith wouldn't be holding him back. The same way Kolb/Skelton can't hold Fitzgerald back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dislike these fluff pieces on Alex Smith...

I respect that. The first was more for the interview than the article part of it. The next was related and had stats. The last was not necessary (not that the others were necessary). Sorry for all the articles.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for all the articles.

OT but dude don't appologize for stuff that you think others may find interesting or may enrich the community. If others don't like it and start to bitch and moan they can :bj:

You should never feel like you shouldn't post something that others may not like or disagree with. /RANT

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT but dude don't appologize for stuff that you think others may find interesting or may enrich the community. If others don't like it and start to bitch and moan they can :bj:

You should never feel like you shouldn't post something that others may not like or disagree with. /RANT

Man, I wish all posters were like you. I bet a vast majority feel the same way as you do, it's just the few that come on here and act like it's news that I follow the team's quarterback more than other positions that bug me. To me, I feel like they should get over that fact, it's not going to change. I'm not all of a sudden going to be talking about the Left Tackle position.

I am admittedly an Alex Smith fan and if he is replaced, I'll be a Kaepernick fan, but some assume that means that I'm not a Niner fan first. Some assume that I think Smith has no blame for the last seven years or that I think he's all-world. That's simply not the case, but I can't convince everyone. I am not going to say negative things just to say it, either. I've been a bit better in qualifying my praise and mentioning when I think he deserves blame because I understand how I can't assume people to know what I mean if I don't say it. I have optimism for the future both for the Niners and Alex Smith.

Threeyellowbirds is cool, his comment wasn't directed at me posting the links, rather the authors for writing them. He's always, without exception, been respectful.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wish we as 49ers fans could all agree that while Alex wasn't good enough to save the 49ers the way Cam Newton and Andrew Luck (saved/will save) the Panthers and Colts... it wasn't entirely his fault either. It is fucking pathetic that the best WR the 49ers have had since they drafted Smith, may turn out to be a 35 yr old Randy Moss. 7 years later.

Anyway, I hope you get my point... it is fucking pathetic that Randy Moss might be Alex Smith's first 1000 yard WR.

Considering that the Kolb/Skelton fail monster that the Cards fielded a year ago still produced a 1400 yard season for Fitzgerald. It just might be time to stop giving Crabtree a free pass because Smith is the QB, I'd hope by now most of you realize that if Crabtree had any real #1 WR ability.... Smith wouldn't be holding him back. The same way Kolb/Skelton can't hold Fitzgerald back.

They're both mediocre, and they keep more mediocre-ing each other.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunno why, but that made me LOL. I get an image of them givin' eachother rotating back rubs and saying "No really, you're an awesome player!"

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Fitzgerald is a different type of #1 WR. Calvin Johnson is a different type of # 1 receiver. If you really think that the person throwing him the ball has no adverse affect on his performance than you are sadly mistaken. Steve Smith of the Panthers for example is not in the same class of Fitz and Calvin. Yet, he is considered a # 1 receiver. Compare Steve's 2010-11 stats with his 2011-12 stats and you'll see a "slight" difference in regard to how he performed during those years. I'm not quite sure why he slacked off in 2011-12 year but we can assume that there's a common denominator here when it comes to Steve Smith and Michael Crabtree.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

LMAO! Smith is "mediocre", but not Crabtree. I'm sorry but I would hate to lose Crabtree or part ways with him because of the flawed perception that he isn't a legitimate weapon to have on our team.

The Packers were really contemplating on drafting Crabtree on draft day when he was sliding. Had he gone to that team we would be talking about a perennial pro bowler here!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dunno why, but that made me LOL. I get an image of them givin' eachother rotating back rubs and saying "No really, you're an awesome player!"

That comment made me laugh too. His message was direct and to the point. That sh8t was funny how it came out...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! Smith is "mediocre", but not Crabtree. I'm sorry but I would hate to lose Crabtree or part ways with him because of the flawed perception that he isn't a legitimate weapon to have on our team.

The Packers were really contemplating on drafting Crabtree on draft day when he was sliding. Had he gone to that team we would be talking about a perennial pro bowler here!

what are u smoking? imo his feet have limited him big time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I could say is I disagree! We'll wait and see...

It will either happen after he goes to another team or it will happen here with improved play of our QB(s). I think Alex will always be considered average or mediocre, but if Crabtree does flourish here, it will help Alex's case a lot, in showing Smith's improvement, IMO.

In other words, if we see the result of significantly higher numbers for Crabtree, it will be a little bit of Alex making Crabtree better and Crabtree making Alex better. I don't see Crabtree like Fitzgerald where it's basically a one-way street, where he makes the QB look better (and not the other way around). Not saying that there isn't a QB out there that could make Fitzgerald better, just that he hasn't had one for awhile.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald is a different type of #1 WR. Calvin Johnson is a different type of # 1 receiver. If you really think that the person throwing him the ball has no adverse affect on his performance than you are sadly mistaken. Steve Smith of the Panthers for example is not in the same class of Fitz and Calvin. Yet, he is considered a # 1 receiver. Compare Steve's 2010-11 stats with his 2011-12 stats and you'll see a "slight" difference in regard to how he performed during those years. I'm not quite sure why he slacked off in 2011-12 year but we can assume that there's a common denominator here when it comes to Steve Smith and Michael Crabtree.

Steve Smith was banged up in 2010-2011 and missed 2 games which helps to explain his dip in statistical output. Crabtree hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to sniffing Steve Smith's jockstrap despite Smith never having an elite QB (until now with Newton). I just don't see the comparison.

IMO Steve Smith made Delhomme look like a better QB where Crabtree really hasn't done that with Alex Smith.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My roommate brother watches baseball every single day for hours....not even just Giants games, but any random Rangers vs. Tigers game. Blows my mind.

That said, I'm the one watching Brazilian league soccer in the offseason, so I probably shouldn't criticize.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a really good point, my argument is flawed for sure after you brought up Steve Smith. I'd call him a #1 WR that disappeared because of a bad QB situation, then turned out to be really good again with Cam. So you're right, Crabtree still has a chance to prove he is a Steve Smith type... unfortunately it might not be with the 49ers.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith was banged up in 2010-2011 and missed 2 games which helps to explain his dip in statistical output. Crabtree hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to sniffing Steve Smith's jockstrap despite Smith never having an elite QB (until now with Newton). I just don't see the comparison.

IMO Steve Smith made Delhomme look like a better QB where Crabtree really hasn't done that with Alex Smith.

Was coming to post pretty much this. Rep when I can.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My roommate brother watches baseball every single day for hours....not even just Giants games, but any random Rangers vs. Tigers game. Blows my mind.

That said, I'm the one watching Brazilian league soccer in the offseason, so I probably shouldn't criticize.

? :boink: