• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball and soccer...two great things to watch if u wanna fall asleep

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steve Smith was banged up in 2010-2011 and missed 2 games which helps to explain his dip in statistical output. Crabtree hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to sniffing Steve Smith's jockstrap despite Smith never having an elite QB (until now with Newton). I just don't see the comparison.

IMO Steve Smith made Delhomme look like a better QB where Crabtree really hasn't done that with Alex Smith.

If my memory serves me correctly, Crabtree also missed one or two games this past season. I know for fact he didn't finish a game and was out early on. Anyway, you talk about Smith being banged up as an excuse, well Crabtree has been banged up too. Roman and everyone in camp has been raving about Crabtree saying how much quicker/faster he looks now in 2012 because his foot has finally healed. He had been playing with a nagging foot injury ever since he entered the league. Please do not try to justify Steve's abysmal performance in 2011 with that type of excuse when you are refusing to grant Crabtree the same lame excuse.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: This doesn't change whether he is a game manager or not and I know it's just a nice thing to say that most classy QBs would say, but here's Rodger's answer for whether Smith is a game manager.

“Do I think he’s a game manager?” Rodgers began. “I think that term, to me, is a condescending term for quarterbacks. I don’t think he’s a game manager. I think he’s a guy that takes care of the football and makes a lot of plays. To throw that many times and only throw five interceptions? I don’t think he got the respect that he deserves … I think he plays the position well. Just look at the Saints game, the plays he made down the stretch were incredible.”

On what makes the Niner defense stand out:

“They’ve got the best players?” Rodgers said. “From front seven to the back end, they’re solid. There’s not any weakness out there. They have a lot of Pro Bowlers and guys who could be Pro Bowl players. Big names and guys who maybe don’t get the respect they don’t deserve yet, but will.”

Will the Packers have to account for Smith with two blockers?

“Maybe three or four,” Rodgers said. “It depends on where he lines up. I think he’s definitely one of the best players in the NFL, regardless of position … He does a lot on the field. A lot of stuff that doesn’t show up on the stat sheet. I enjoyed getting to meet him a little bit at the Pro Bowl (in February). I have a lot of respect for the way he plays the game.”

His feelings on not being picked by the Niners:

“I’ve never have any type of revenge or get-back feeling towards them,” Rodgers said. “They were my team growing up, they didn’t draft me. I’ve enjoyed my time in Green Bay and still follow them from afar.”

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Game manager? Game manager! Rodgers leaps to Smith’s defense

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Blog and Q&A: Moss: Lambeau's a nice place to start a comeback

Man, he doesn't answer some questions easy.

Q: There's been so much rotating of WRs in the preseason. Do you feel you have a good rapport with Alex Smith?

RM: No ... I don't think any receiver really feels that they're where they want to be going into the season. The only thing that I can really hang my hat on is, we've put enough work in to go into Week 1. That's all I can really say. I look forward to going out here on Sunday in a historical field such as Lambeau and all the history they have. Like I said, I'm ready for the challenge.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory serves me correctly, Crabtree also missed one or two games this past season. I know for fact he didn't finish a game and was out early on. Anyway, you talk about Smith being banged up as an excuse, well Crabtree has been banged up too. Roman and everyone in camp has been raving about Crabtree saying how much quicker/faster he looks now in 2012 because his foot has finally healed. He had been playing with a nagging foot injury ever since he entered the league. Please do not try to justify Steve's abysmal performance in 2011 with that type of excuse when you are refusing to grant Crabtree the same lame excuse.

As soon as Crabtree makes it to a couple of Pro Bowls, then we can start comparing the 2 WR's. In 2005 Smith was arguably the best WR in football. Is there a point in Crabtree's NFL career where you could say that?

You are skating the other issue here. Steve Smith made Jake Delhomme look like a better QB than he actually was. Aside from catching a few high passes, when has Crabtree done that for Alex Smith?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As soon as Crabtree makes it to a couple of Pro Bowls, then we can start comparing the 2 WR's. In 2005 Smith was arguably the best WR in football. Is there a point in Crabtree's NFL career where you could say that?

You are skating the other issue here. Steve Smith made Jake Delhomme look like a better QB than he actually was. Aside from catching a few high passes, when has Crabtree done that for Alex Smith?

Jake Delhomme is in his late 30s now, of course you're going to pretend that he was never a good quarterback in the league at some point. When Jake was at his prime, he was better than Alex Smith has been thus far in Alex's career. Alex is just now entering his prime (hired a QB coach and all time) now so Crabtree will post his best season to date. But that's not the point I'm trying to make here. If you put Delhome in a 9ers uniform when he was at his prime, maybe you'd see a better receiver than what you had been saying for the past 3 years. No, Crabtree is not better than Steve Smith - but at the same time, Crabtree has never (not now or in the past) had a great QB to play with. Maybe this year may prove otherwise.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Delhomme is in his late 30s now, of course you're going to pretend that he was never a good quarterback in the league at some point. When Jake was at his prime, he was better than Alex Smith has been thus far in Alex's career. Alex is just now entering his prime (hired a QB coach and all time) now so Crabtree will post his best season to date. But that's not the point I'm trying to make here. If you put Delhome in a 9ers uniform when he was at his prime, maybe you'd see a better receiver than what you had been saying for the past 3 years. No, Crabtree is not better than Steve Smith - but at the same time, Crabtree has never (not now or in the past) had a great QB to play with. Maybe this year may prove otherwise.

I never said Delhomme wasn't a good QB- just that Steve Smith made him look better than he actually was.

I'm hoping for our sake that Alex Smith and Crabs have their best year ever this season. Things are pointing that way...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to date jj stokes > crabtree

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey is like soccer, except on ice, and with less players, and they use their hands not feet, and with a puck and not a ball, and with periods instead of halves, and much less interesting.

Fify

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go... football> basketball> baseball> soccer> boxing> UFC> horse racing (no relation to the WNBA)> hockey> tennis>volleyball> X games> nascar> golf

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingiguana View Post
hockey is like soccer, except on ice, and with less players, and they use their hands not feet, and with a puck and not a ball, and with periods instead of halves, and much less interesting.
Fify

So what you're saying is hockey is too fast for you and you can't keep up with the game?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockey-football-basketball-baseball then who cares

soccer i can watch but not all the time

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me it's Football>MMA>Boxing>Soccer>Basketball>everything else in a tie of things i don't watch>nascar>golf

Boxing used to be 2nd for me, but the quality is really going down hill and the blatant corruption doesn't help, soccer might pass it soon.