• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eli didn't do anything amazing in the NFC title game....

I'm not giving him that at all.

What game were you watching? Eli made huge throws in that game to keep the offense on the field, and it was against the best defense in football (on the road). 2 TDs and zero picks. That's a friggn' great game. Granted, it shouldn't have been enough to win, but the other #10 just wanted the loss more. :(

Eli goes from dork to Superman while Peyton goes from unstoppable to pouty.

lol! Well put, but even when he's winning huge games Eli is still a dork. :)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game were you watching? Eli made huge throws in that game to keep the offense on the field, and it was against the best defense in football (on the road). 2 TDs and zero picks. That's a friggn' great game. Granted, it shouldn't have been enough to win, but the other #10 just wanted the loss more. :(

lol! Well put, but even when he's winning huge games Eli is still a dork. :)

Eli got his ass handed to him most of the game and nearly entirely in the 2nd half and OT.

Eli got one touchdown that i think didn't come off a PR fumble/TO.... He should've been hit with 2 back to back pics but our communication disappeared back there. He led one drive for 69 yards for a Touchdown but couldn't get over 51(FG) or pass 35....

Niners D held him down... stupid Kyle... me angry!!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eli got his ass handed to him most of the game and nearly entirely in the 2nd half and OT.

For a guy playing on the road against the best defense in the NFL in January & a guy who was sacked 6 times for 49 yards, I think your definition of getting his ass handed to him is a little liberal.

300+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT while getting harrassed all game (and coming up big at the end) was an amazing performance.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Sickness. I was amazing what Eli did considering the pressure and amount of hits we layed on him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still can't stad the guy.
eliface.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy playing on the road against the best defense in the NFL in January & a guy who was sacked 6 times for 49 yards, I think your definition of getting his ass handed to him is a little liberal.

300+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT while getting harrassed all game (and coming up big at the end) was an amazing performance.

What did he come up big with? Eli and the offense were stuffed in OT but thanks to Kyle and his fumble inside our territory, a few runs and a pass they were already in FG range.

In the 4th, the had a 29 yard drive for a TD off, o idk, a KW fumble. The other 3 possesions, the offense was stuffed! lol

Two possesions in OT i believe, and they both got stopped. Once again KW fumbles for the NYG to run a few yards(which they up to that point could manage) for the FG.

Throwing yards are throwing yards cause there's no rushing yards to offset. Plenty of QBs have thrown against us in high #s in respect to our rush defense.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

49ers rookie Joe Looney will play right guard when he returns from non-football injury list, he said.

49ers rookie LB Cam Johnson (knee surgery last month) indicated he wasn't 100 percent recovered. Has been practicing this week.

49ers rookie Jason Slowey has been working at center and guard. He'd never player center before he was drafted.

A weight-room legend at Western Oregon, #49ers rookie Jason Slowey on the jump from the Great Northwest Athletic Conference to the NFL: "In Division II, I'm a pretty strong guy, but I'm no Justin Smith or Ray McDonald, I'll tell you that right now."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luvin Moss' attitude and ethic... if his play matches his determination and preparation... it was a win signing for us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I loved the Jason Slowey pick by the way. Never heard of him before the draft, but I liked what I saw. I think he has a decent shot at being the future starting C.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I loved the Jason Slowey pick by the way. Never heard of him before the draft, but I liked what I saw. I think he has a decent shot at being the future starting C.

whaaa? isn't Kilgore ahead of him and not much older?

i'm not hoping Slowey fails obviously, but future starting C?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whaaa? isn't Kilgore ahead of him and not much older?

i'm not hoping Slowey fails obviously, but future starting C?

Kilgore is in his second year and 3 years older. He is ahead, atm. I'd envision that the staff hopes to get them both to be starting caliber interior lineman. I would bet that they plan on bringing Slowey along slowly (say that three times fast) like they did Kilgore. Besides, you can never have too many good linemen. Especially with how we like to go jumbo.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kilgore is in his second year and 3 years older. He is ahead, atm. I'd envision that the staff hopes to get them both to be starting caliber interior lineman. I would bet that they plan on bringing Slowey along slowly (say that three times fast) like they did Kilgore. Besides, you can never have too many good linemen. Especially with how we like to go jumbo.

yes, the goal is to bring all players along, more quality the better, but he said starting Center.

obviously, i want all 'starting caliber' linemen too, but is this realistic? is it realistic to draft late linemen and they all become 'starting caliber'?

he didn't say interior linemen and he didn't say depth, he said starting Center.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the goal is to bring all players along, more quality the better, but he said starting Center.

obviously, i want all 'starting caliber' linemen too, but is this realistic? is it realistic to draft late linemen and they all become 'starting caliber'?

he didn't say interior linemen and he didn't say depth, he said starting Center.

He also said "decent shot" and "future." And I said "I'd envision." ;)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I think it's wholly realistic to draft interior lineman late and think you can make them starting caliber. All-Pro? Maybe not. Decent starters? Hell yeah!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets put it this way...........if you had to bet your money on Slowey becoming a starting Center......would you?

would you even think about it a little before deciding not too?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets put it this way...........if you had to bet your money on Slowey becoming a starting Center......would you?

would you even think about it a little before deciding not too?

Ever? Yea, I'd take that bet.