• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seriously, the 49ers are already heavily over-reported with numerous beat guys covering the team daily....up to the minute. None of them are bringing any real experience or football knowledge to the table, but at least the main guys Maiocco, Barrows and Kevin Lynch have watched the team closely for years and can add input. Cohn is just so pointless.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugh... Grant.

Do you know if the P-D lost Maiocco before bringing on Grant full time? I don't remember him being around before that.

And on the topic of Maiocco, anyone else think the quality of Maiocco's articles has diminished since leaving the Press Democrat? I used to hang on a lot of what Maiocco wrote, as if it was Niner cannon, but now I find myself skipping a fair share of what he does for CSN.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is awesome if he is, kinda hard to take Harbaugh seriously about these things because of his past remarks... but, I have no doubt Smith has a really good grasp on the system.

Anyway, to get one of the best offenses in the league everyone needs to be an expert in the system not just the QB. I think of how last year some of the guys on the Colts said it took them 3 years to learn Indy's system, when they were scoffing at the idea of Kerry Collins picking it up in 3 weeks.

The WRs have talent, but things would be a lot better if they all had 2-3 years of experience in the system. The one good thing is that with vets that 2-3 years can get shortened to a few months because they already know routes and stuff, they just need to learn the terminology.