• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thanks NS - I admittedly wasn't paying close attention but now I will keep my eyes on that. I think pass-pro is his inherit weakness because of his height. I hope he can fix that because I'm a fan and want to see him succeed, if not, we have Davis as our plan B.

His height doesn't help but pass-pro is pretty different from going to tackle to guard so I think that will be the biggest adjustment there.

His run blocking is fine because there really isn't any difference between the positions when it comes to blocking the run. Get low, chop your feet, and drive.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His height doesn't help but pass-pro is pretty different from going to tackle to guard so I think that will be the biggest adjustment there.

His run blocking is fine because there really isn't any difference between the positions when it comes to blocking the run. Get low, chop your feet, and drive.

Did you just more-or-less repeat what I wrote or did you make a different point that I'm missing?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Did you just more-or-less repeat what I wrote or did you make a different point that I'm missing?

I was adding that the technique and style you use to pass protect as an OT is different than the technique and style you use as an OG and I believe that transition is the bigger issue than his height though being tall isn't going to do him any favors.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was adding that the technique and style you use to pass protect as an OT is different than the technique and style you use as an OG and I believe that transition is the bigger issue than his height though being tall isn't going to do him any favors.

Correct, and it will be his height that will make that [technique] transition the most difficult - Got it. I think we're both saying the same thing.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers.com | Greg Roman Eyes Individual Development

Boone had a good game the other night,” Roman said. “I really like how he’s adapting to the guard position. Things happen faster at guard than it does at tackle and a lot of things can change in hurry in there at guard. There’s a lot of action, leverage is a premium, being able to play low, and Alex has really improved week-to-week.”

This doesn't go into much detail and if pressed on the issue he might be quite a bit more nitpicky, but some were wondering how he looked the other night.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Boone had a good game the other night,” Roman said. “I really like how he’s adapting to the guard position. Things happen faster at guard than it does at tackle and a lot of things can change in hurry in there at guard. There’s a lot of action, leverage is a premium, being able to play low, and Alex has really improved week-to-week.”

This doesn't go into much detail and if pressed on the issue he might be quite a bit more nitpicky, but some were wondering how he looked the other night.

I have to disagree with Roman. Boone did well run-blocking, but I don't think his pass protection was very good at all. In fact, he gave up a bull-rush sack to a defensive tackle.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was curious, so thank you.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree: “I’ve been in competition with Carlos since I started camp. I’ve got a little tab on my locker, of how many days I won, how many he lost. So I’m keeping tabs. I’m winning right now. I’ll try to keep it like that.”

Heads I win, tails you lose.