• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Great Article! I could read stuff like this all day!

"The guard position also allows Boone to unleash his inner beast. While tackle is more artistic and technical, Boone often describes guard as a brawl. It’s something he shares with the tackle just beside him, Anthony Davis.
"We have the same mind frame," Boone said of Davis. "We are not out there to be your friend, we are out there to pound you and beat you up.""

Speaking of Boone, I was not impressed by his pass protection against the Vikings. He did great run-blocking, but it seemed way too easy for big guys to push him into the QB.

I know it was his first start at the position, so I'll continue to keep an eye on this...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Boone, I was not impressed by his pass protection against the Vikings. He did great run-blocking, but it seemed way too easy for big guys to push him into the QB.

I know it was his first start at the position, so I'll continue to keep an eye on this...

Thanks NS - I admittedly wasn't paying close attention but now I will keep my eyes on that. I think pass-pro is his inherit weakness because of his height. I hope he can fix that because I'm a fan and want to see him succeed, if not, we have Davis as our plan B.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not us, but still thought this was interesting:

Namdi has a collision with Allen

"Asomugha remained face-down and motionless as team trainers came to his aid and several teammates knelt around him. An Eagles spokesman said he never lost consciousness, but it was several minutes before he was able to regain his feet. He then made his way to a nearby cart and was driven to a fieldhouse adjacent to the practice field, where he was evaluated."

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did notice that in one play Boone let a rusher go by for Hunter to block like he just passed on the assignment, and I honestly don't know a whole lot about offensive line blocking schemes but that didn't seem right. As an outsider I would think he should be blocking the first guy he sees coming and letting Hunter read and pick up the next...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn injury bugs..... pesky little critters.... cancel preseason!!1 rest them all!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said that the second preseason will go like this: Smith, Kaep, Johnson, Tolzien

If we had five preseason games, I'd want it to go like this:

1st preseason game: Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, Johnson
2nd preseason game: Smith Kaepernick, Johnson, Tolzien
3rd preseason game: Smith, (winner between Johnson/Tolzien), Kaep, (loser between Johnson/Tolzien)
4th preseason game: Smith, winner of the backups, loser #1, loser #2
5th preseason game: Smith, winner of the backups, loser #2, loser #1

Keep three QBs.

But since we play only four games where the third preseason game is a rehearsal and the last is meaningless, we couldn't/wouldn't do it this way.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said that the second preseason will go like this: Smith, Kaep, Johnson, Tolzien

If we had five preseason games, I'd want it to go like this:

1st preseason game: Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien, Johnson
2nd preseason game: Smith Kaepernick, Johnson, Tolzien
3rd preseason game: Smith, (winner between Johnson/Tolzien), Kaep, (loser between Johnson/Tolzien)
4th preseason game: Smith, winner of the backups, loser #1, loser #2
5th preseason game: Smith, winner of the backups, loser #2, loser #1

Keep three QBs.

But since we play only four games where the third preseason game is a rehearsal and the last is meaningless, we couldn't/wouldn't do it this way.

If we had 5 preseason games, no need to play Alex in all of 'em. Heck, with 4 we may still not need him to suit up on the last one.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had 5 preseason games, no need to play Alex in all of 'em. Heck, with 4 we may still not need him to suit up on the last one.

I wonder how it will work when there are only two pre-season games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true. Then, disregard Smith on most of them and that's how I'd want to do it. If I were coach, there'd be pragmatic reasons not to do it that way, though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3