• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have differring opinions on points 1 and 2, but thats fine....really.

1. Kap was with the 49ers all of last season, granted he didn't have the off-season but he practiced with the 49ers all season plus post season. Josh Johnson is familiar with Harbaugh's personality and offensive style, but you're talking U. of San Diego, not even Stanford U.? i find it hard to believe details of the current system hasn't changed since San Diego? not to mention a LITTLE familiarity with the 49er WR's and TE's?

2. doesn't matter if the number of snaps are small, i feel Kap will get more and you feel it'll be "about same". but now you're trying to introduce the results of the snap taken, only then would a small number matter. anyways, this isn't a big deal, cause when does "about same" turn into "the bulk"? no exact answer.

3. yes, we're in agreement here. i certainly won't be dissapointed if JJ turns out better. i won't be dissapointed if Tolzien emerges the best back up, as long as someone plays well.

You're right, Kap is familiar with Harbaugh's offense - I still think Johnson may be better at running it. Subjective opinion, no need to discuss.

As for the bolded, you asked for a results driven answer when you asked for a percentage as a way to define my "about the same" expression. I hope that makes sense and no I did not state that offensively so please don't take it that way - thanks!

#3 - Yep - full agreement

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much is 'about the same #'?

if Kap gets 10% more, is that "about the same"? 20% more? what percentage?

I remember when Alex and JTO were having the same number of reps, but JTO was on the 1st team and Smith on the second team. Hill was most unfortunate because he got fewer snaps than either of those two. I never really considered it a competition because it was stacked to the person with the most experience. With few snaps to divide, that might be how they do it, but to me makes it a lesser QB competition. Either way, neither Hill nor Smith blew JTO out of the water until after Just Turn-Overs failed in the season. Smith got injured in preseason, reinjury or new, forgot. I seem to remember it being something like strained finger or something smaller than his shoulder problems. Either way, he had another shoulder operation, indicating that he wasn't healed in the "competition."

This season's different because the 1st team has Smith (with some snaps being given to others) and then the 2nd team is split, too. I've read some, I think, that said all four QBs were throwing at least some with both teams.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right, Kap is familiar with Harbaugh's offense - I still think Johnson may be better at running it. Subjective opinion, no need to discuss.

As for the bolded, you asked for a results driven answer when you asked for a percentage as a way to define my "about the same" expression. I hope that makes sense and no I did not state that offensively so please don't take it that way - thanks!
#3 - Yep - full agreement

no problem Bem, these aren't taken as offensive at all. i really was just asking what you meant.

here's my original quote: "he'll get the most snaps during Pre-Season, so we'll have a little idea of his progress.". so just to clarify, i INTENDED to mean just pure number of snaps from center.

moving on......

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem Bem, these aren't taken as offensive at all. i really was just asking what you meant.

here's my original quote: "he'll get the most snaps during Pre-Season, so we'll have a little idea of his progress.". so just to clarify, i INTENDED to mean just pure number of snaps from center.

moving on......

Fair enough, we both used subjective, hard to quantify statements. I suppose my response was based on the difference between Kap & Smith during 2011 pre-season which was 50/36 Kap to Smith - I think the spread between Kap & Johnson will be closer than that - but who knows - like you said - moving on.....

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers TC on NFLN today for those that didn't know. Nothing earth-shattering, but nice to get some coverage. Saw a drill where the LB's and DE's were schoolin' the RB's and TE's though VD held his own.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link doesn't work so not sure. I just meant they were on the schedule today. NFLN has been visiting each teams training camps onsite and doing some commentary.

I just double checked and it worked for me.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha, he said "Lamichael Finley".