• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp '12

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling real good for our DBs... Brown and Cully really getting a hold out there. With Rogers around, our secondary "shouldn't" miss a beat.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling real good for our DBs... Brown and Cully really getting a hold out there. With Rogers around, our secondary "shouldn't" miss a beat.

I get exactly the same feeling, which is good because our schedule will demand our back-four to be aces.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty optimistic to think Smith will stay healthy for 3 years. I'm pretty sure we'll see Kaep as early as this season. Life is rough for the QBs who aren't protected by the NFL, its a miracle Smith has even had two healthy years.

he'll get the most snaps during Pre-Season, so we'll have a little idea of his progress.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll get the most snaps during Pre-Season, so we'll have a little idea of his progress.

Kaepernick & Johnson will receive about the same # of snaps this August. In fact, I would not be surprised to see JJ get the lions share of snaps.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just talking about this with my brother.....obviously it will be determined by competition, but I figured Kap would certainly have the inside track to #2 (my brother figured Johnson). And that granted, there'd be a good chance we'd see him play some this year. Smith can't keep this health up forever.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just talking about this with my brother.....obviously it will be determined by competition, but I figured Kap would certainly have the inside track to #2 (my brother figured Johnson). And that granted, there'd be a good chance we'd see him play some this year. Smith can't keep this health up forever.

I believe I read/heard this past week that Johnson was taking reps with the 1's while Kap was shootin' with the 2's - which says to me they are on the same level and likely competing for the #2 spot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick & Johnson will receive about the same # of snaps this August. In fact, I would not be surprised to see JJ get the lions share of snaps.

how much is 'about the same #'?

if Kap gets 10% more, is that "about the same"? 20% more? what percentage?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much is 'about the same #'?

if Kap gets 10% more, is that "about the same"? 20% more? what percentage?

Tough to say because we have four QB's heading into game one of this year's pre-season. Last year we used only two QB's for 3 of the 4 pre-season games.

My point centered around the belief that Kaepernick & Johnson are battling for QB2 and thus it makes sense for each of them to receive "about the same" number of reps.

I further believe Johnson will win this competition which may lead to a higher number of reps by the end of pre-season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tough to say because we have four QB's heading into game one of this year's pre-season. Last year we used only two QB's for 3 of the 4 pre-season games.

My point centered around the belief that Kaepernick & Johnson are battling for QB2 and thus it makes sense for each of them to receive "about the same" number of reps.

I further believe Johnson will win this competition which may lead to a higher number of reps by the end of pre-season.

thats why i put it in terms of percentage??? we're only talking about the snaps Kap and Johnson take, doesn't matter if there are four QB's or last year we used three?

obviously i feel Kap will be given more opportinity to seize #2 QB. mainly because his skill set supposedly projects to this system. it makes sense to me.........this is the time to find out what your 2nd round investment can do?

anyways, we'll see how it goes? i'll only be dissapointed if Kap performs POORLY.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why i put it in terms of percentage??? we're only talking about the snaps Kap and Johnson take, doesn't matter if there are four QB's or last year we used three?

obviously i feel Kap will be given more opportinity to seize #2 QB. mainly because his skill set supposedly projects to this system. it makes sense to me.........this is the time to find out what your 2nd round investment can do?

anyways, we'll see how it goes? i'll only be dissapointed if Kap performs POORLY.

Couple thoughts:

First, Josh Johnson is probably as or more familiar with Harbaugh's system than Kaepernick. Remember, Kap did not have an off-season last year and Johnson comes from a Harbaugh centric offense.

Second, the number of QB's makes a difference because it will change the denominator. 10% of a small # is a small number, etc. And since we are dealing with only 4 games and 4 QB's the numbers will be innately small.

E.g., if I had said 15% and Kap threw 10 passes and Johnson threw 12, would those 2 passes represent the subjective definition of "about the same" or something else? (rhetorical question - no need to answer)

Lastly, I am interested to see the two of them battle it out. I honestly don't care which one wins because IMO, we are still looking for our FQB. Right now our four-QBs combined do not equal one-Aaron Rodgers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple thoughts:

First, Josh Johnson is probably as or more familiar with Harbaugh's system than Kaepernick. Remember, Kap did not have an off-season last year and Johnson comes from a Harbaugh centric offense.

Second, the number of QB's makes a difference because it will change the denominator. 10% of a small # is a small number, etc. And since we are dealing with only 4 games and 4 QB's the numbers will be innately small.

E.g., if I had said 15% and Kap threw 10 passes and Johnson threw 12, would those 2 passes represent the subjective definition of "about the same" or something else? (rhetorical question - no need to answer)

Lastly, I am interested to see the two of them battle it out. I honestly don't care which one wins because IMO, we are still looking for our FQB. Right now our four-QBs combined do not equal one-Aaron Rodgers.

we have differring opinions on points 1 and 2, but thats fine....really.

1. Kap was with the 49ers all of last season, granted he didn't have the off-season but he practiced with the 49ers all season plus post season. Josh Johnson is familiar with Harbaugh's personality and offensive style, but you're talking U. of San Diego, not even Stanford U.? i find it hard to believe details of the current system hasn't changed since San Diego? not to mention a LITTLE familiarity with the 49er WR's and TE's?

2. doesn't matter if the number of snaps are small, i feel Kap will get more and you feel it'll be "about same". but now you're trying to introduce the results of the snap taken, only then would a small number matter. anyways, this isn't a big deal, cause when does "about same" turn into "the bulk"? no exact answer.

3. yes, we're in agreement here. i certainly won't be dissapointed if JJ turns out better. i won't be dissapointed if Tolzien emerges the best back up, as long as someone plays well.