• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a Look at David Moore.
C6qz0l4U4AAKWLH.jpg

We might have something there

Definitely interesting... Why not take a project at this point...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a Look at David Moore.
C6qz0l4U4AAKWLH.jpg

We might have something there

The WR's they picked up in the draft are strong WR's that remind me of Boldin. Both are much faster though and they also both look to be Kearse replacements. I am 100% sure this has not eluded Kearse either.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch :L
they Have the Hawks ranked AHEAD of the Bears as far as losers go.

Losers
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks grabbed Malik McDowell early in the second round, and while he’s talented, his technique needs work. Seattle selected LSU center Ethan Pocic with the 58th overall pick. Seattle needs offensive line help, and it’s limited in terms of the talent available in this draft. But Pocic doesn’t use leverage well and has some functional strength issues that will make his transition to the NFL more challenging.

In the third round, the Seahawks took cornerback Shaquill Griffin with the 90th overall pick. Seattle surely likes Griffin’s aggression in coverage, but he’s slow, and he’ll struggle to maintain coverage on NFL receivers.

With the 95th pick, which the Seahawks got from the Falcons in a Day 1 trade, they selected safety Delano Hill. Hill isn’t terribly athletic and he lacks functional change of direction skills that will challenge him in coverage. Hill was projected to be a fifth- or sixth-round selection, so he was a stretch for Seattle here.

Defensive tackle Nazair Jones was Seattle’s next pick at No. 102, and he’s got an interesting history. A rare disease, complex regional pain syndrome, caused him to drop a ton of weight and almost forced him out of football in high school. He bounced back, remarkably, but he has below-average instincts, and was projected as a fourth- or fifth-rounder.

The Seahawks at least finished strong with pick No. 106. Michigan wide receiver Amara Darboh is big and physical and skilled as a blocker. He’ll need to refine his technique but could grow into a quality contributor for Seattle.

The analysts bash our drafts every year claiming we reached on every pick, especially on day 2 and 3. Yet we keep going to the playoffs. Imagine that.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch :L
they Have the Hawks ranked AHEAD of the Bears as far as losers go.

Losers
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks grabbed Malik McDowell early in the second round, and while he’s talented, his technique needs work. Seattle selected LSU center Ethan Pocic with the 58th overall pick. Seattle needs offensive line help, and it’s limited in terms of the talent available in this draft. But Pocic doesn’t use leverage well and has some functional strength issues that will make his transition to the NFL more challenging.

In the third round, the Seahawks took cornerback Shaquill Griffin with the 90th overall pick. Seattle surely likes Griffin’s aggression in coverage, but he’s slow, and he’ll struggle to maintain coverage on NFL receivers.

With the 95th pick, which the Seahawks got from the Falcons in a Day 1 trade, they selected safety Delano Hill. Hill isn’t terribly athletic and he lacks functional change of direction skills that will challenge him in coverage. Hill was projected to be a fifth- or sixth-round selection, so he was a stretch for Seattle here.

Defensive tackle Nazair Jones was Seattle’s next pick at No. 102, and he’s got an interesting history. A rare disease, complex regional pain syndrome, caused him to drop a ton of weight and almost forced him out of football in high school. He bounced back, remarkably, but he has below-average instincts, and was projected as a fourth- or fifth-rounder.

The Seahawks at least finished strong with pick No. 106. Michigan wide receiver Amara Darboh is big and physical and skilled as a blocker. He’ll need to refine his technique but could grow into a quality contributor for Seattle.

These grades and ratings means jack squat. How these guys pan out is up to them and the system they're in. Grading the Hawks poorly probably means it's a good sign for them and overall, it's a matter of perspective on how people look at the draft... there's an article or two out there that has hawks Day 2 with A-. I feel on par with it, thought they had a great draft

Again, let these guys play it out and see how it goes

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR's they picked up in the draft are strong WR's that remind me of Boldin. Both are much faster though and they also both look to be Kearse replacements. I am 100% sure this has not eluded Kearse either.

Mentioned it earlier... Kearse IMO is as good as gone after this season. I'll be shocked at this point if he makes it through training camp. Baldwin/Lockett/Richardson are IMO fine as a #1/2/3 consider we have Graham. I wouldn't be surprised by mid season if Kearse is #5 on the depth chart unless he improves DRAMATICALLY.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, ya know.
Just because JS didn't draft who you wanted, you have pretty much bashed this draft, ala Mel.
Realizing you are just going off the grades other pundits have written, how did these guys do in team interviews?
Oh? You have no idea?
Exactly.
Somehow, i feel like he should send in an application to work side by side with JS/PC as a draft advisor. Seems to know(or thinks) quite a lot.:dhd:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, ya know.
Just because JS didn't draft who you wanted, you have pretty much bashed this draft, ala Mel.
Realizing you are just going off the grades other pundits have written, how did these guys do in team interviews?
Oh? You have no idea?
Exactly.

There was only one player i really wanted in this draft and that was Kupp in the 3rd. Other than that all i did was look at who was available when they picked. When you got guys rated as 1st or 2nd rounders in need positions and you pass them up to pick up projected 4th, 5th, 6th rounders ( twice mind you ) in the 3rd round that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

As far as team interviews who really cares? If you are a rapist and have a great interview that doesn't change the fact you are a rapist does it? If you are a 6th round talent and have a GREAT interview you still are a 6th round talent on the field. A.Curry had a GREAT interview how did that turn out for the Hawks? To many reaches on a team that is getting old. Sure as long as we have Russel we should have a shot every year (if the oline can keep him healthy, BIG IF!) hell LB was a need and they voided that completely. They could have got Jordan Willis in the 3rd and i feel he beats out Morgan. Cunningham in the 2nd would have been really nice also.

There is NO DOUBT the team had big needs to fill in this draft and i feel they reached way to much when better talent was on the board. Heck they drafted what 3 safeties? Did they not pick up a stud Safety in FA? yes they did. Only thing i can guess is they plan on moving one or two of those guys to OLB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only one player i really wanted in this draft and that was Kupp in the 3rd. Other than that all i did was look at who was available when they picked. When you got guys rated as 1st or 2nd rounders in need positions and you pass them up to pick up projected 4th, 5th, 6th rounders ( twice mind you ) in the 3rd round that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

As far as team interviews who really cares? If you are a rapist and have a great interview that doesn't change the fact you are a rapist does it? If you are a 6th round talent and have a GREAT interview you still are a 6th round talent on the field. A.Curry had a GREAT interview how did that turn out for the Hawks? To many reaches on a team that is getting old. Sure as long as we have Russel we should have a shot every year (if the oline can keep him healthy, BIG IF!) hell LB was a need and they voided that completely. They could have got Jordan Willis in the 3rd and i feel he beats out Morgan. Cunningham in the 2nd would have been really nice also.

There is NO DOUBT the team had big needs to fill in this draft and i feel they reached way to much when better talent was on the board. Heck they drafted what 3 safeties? Did they not pick up a stud Safety in FA? yes they did. Only thing i can guess is they plan on moving one or two of those guys to OLB.

Didn't we sign a few FA's this offseason?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we sign a few FA's this offseason?

yes but none are better than Morgan or Pierre-Louis, added depth but had we drafted a OLB in the 2nd or 3rd then you got Morgan and Pierre-Louis as your Depth. Both Quality players that make excellent back-ups. Also none of the LB we added were as good as Brock Coyle who we lost. ( i know he wasn't a OLB but my point is still valid)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should know that Pete and JS draft for this team, not for you or I or the NFL. Pete has a vision of the type of player he wants and John gets `em.
We are not privy to those inside thoughts, as they are the secrets to winning in Pete's world.
Let it play out and those results will illuminate whether those picks were home runs or duds in our system.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it felt like they passed on talent, traded for more picks in hopes that throwing as much shit at the wall as possible would lead to a few sticks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't too happy with Seattle's draft. I thought they could've snagged some better prospects and Malik IMO was a luxury pick Seattle really couldn't afford with some gaping holes on both lines... if Malik works out it's likely an A+ draft re-grade, but that's a big IF.

That said, the Bears quite possibly had the most horrid draft I've seen in the last 10.. 20.. okay in my lifetime. WTF was that? The Bears are in a whole new category of "WTF!?" I could've honestly assigned an 8 year old with a dart board to create a better draft.

Look I'm no expert and Carroll/Schneider's football knowledge SHATTERS mine, but I honestly feel I could've earned a better paycheck than what the dumbass Pace did.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone even slightly surprised they didn't pick up a QB given the issues with our current backup? Seems like they are tipping their hat that Boykin isn't going anywhere with whatever legal troubles he may be in.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Curry had a GREAT interview how did that turn out for the Hawks?

Think your logic is 180 degrees backward on this. Curry TOTALLY got buzz and draft status based on his measurables.

If he ALSO stacked up well in interviews, that was maybe a bonus, but they weren't drafting him based on that.
Seattle puts way more emphasis on the interviews, and the BACKGROUND of guys, because they want guys who have that 'chip'. So this year's draftee who was orhpaned in Sierra Leone, he FITS J+S's profile of the type of guys they love to draft. He's overcome stuff in his personal life, so he's more likely to overcome it in his football life.

If you want to argue that that philosophy has been a disaster, I guess you can.

I'd say it's brought up the only Lombardi the team has ever had, and the team with a young franchise QB, is set up to be competitive for the next decade.

All the angsty-hand-wringing by Hawks fans aside.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over, it's time to keep an eye out for our haul of UDFAs for the year. The Hawks have found gems in the undrafted ranks before. They can certainly do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB or two on the list given Boykin's legal issues.

I will tell you right now that I honestly don't keep up with college football (outside of the Huskies) anywhere near enough to know what I'm talking about with any of our picks. I have watched Carroll and Schneider build rosters enough times to know that the "right" pick for pretty much every other team in the league isn't necessarily the right pick for the Seahawks. They go against conventional wisdom a lot and that used to frustrate the hell out of the draft "gurus' until they learned to just go with it or actually learned how Carroll and Schneider approach the draft and adapted their analysis accordingly.

All of that is to say... Why are there still Seahawks fans who do all of this research on players that conventional wisdom suggests the Seahawks could, should or will take when they've known for eight drafts now that Pete and John don't do conventional wisdom? Why are there still Seahawks fans who get excited about the possibility of the Hawks taking this player, this player, and that player when they should know by now that they're probably not interested in any of those players? Why put yourself through all of that knowing that you're probably not going to see any of the players you want to see the Seahawks draft actually get drafted by the Seahawks? We've been through this eight times now. Throw conventional wisdom and who you want to see them take out the window. If you don't, you're going to be disappointed or even angry... until the Seahawks inevitably go back to the playoffs, give themselves a shot at another Lombardi trophy and you remember again that these guys know what they're freaking doing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analysts bash our drafts every year claiming we reached on every pick, especially on day 2 and 3. Yet we keep going to the playoffs. Imagine that.

I just read that we were given a B+. Too hard to judge a draft before the players hit the field and play for a couple of seasons.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the draft is over, it's time to keep an eye out for our haul of UDFAs for the year. The Hawks have found gems in the undrafted ranks before. They can certainly do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB or two on the list given Boykin's legal issues.

I will tell you right now that I honestly don't keep up with college football (outside of the Huskies) anywhere near enough to know what I'm talking about with any of our picks. I have watched Carroll and Schneider build rosters enough times to know that the "right" pick for pretty much every other team in the league isn't necessarily the right pick for the Seahawks. They go against conventional wisdom a lot and that used to frustrate the hell out of the draft "gurus' until they learned to just go with it or actually learned how Carroll and Schneider approach the draft and adapted their analysis accordingly.

All of that is to say... Why are there still Seahawks fans who do all of this research on players that conventional wisdom suggests the Seahawks could, should or will take when they've known for eight drafts now that Pete and John don't do conventional wisdom? Why are there still Seahawks fans who get excited about the possibility of the Hawks taking this player, this player, and that player when they should know by now that they're probably not interested in any of those players? Why put yourself through all of that knowing that you're probably not going to see any of the players you want to see the Seahawks draft actually get drafted by the Seahawks? We've been through this eight times now. Throw conventional wisdom and who you want to see them take out the window. If you don't, you're going to be disappointed or even angry... until the Seahawks inevitably go back to the playoffs, give themselves a shot at another Lombardi trophy and you remember again that these guys know what they're freaking doing.

There's a reason why certain teams get the big splashy guys year in and year out....Cause their FO can't build a team around them and continue to spin their wheels ending up with losing seasons over and over. NE does the same thing every year, trade back and collect picks and plug in players that fit the system. Seems to work for them and our style of drafting seems to work for us being in the talks of a SB run year in and year out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your logic is 180 degrees backward on this. Curry TOTALLY got buzz and draft status based on his measurables.

If he ALSO stacked up well in interviews, that was maybe a bonus, but they weren't drafting him based on that.
Seattle puts way more emphasis on the interviews, and the BACKGROUND of guys, because they want guys who have that 'chip'. So this year's draftee who was orhpaned in Sierra Leone, he FITS J+S's profile of the type of guys they love to draft. He's overcome stuff in his personal life, so he's more likely to overcome it in his football life.

If you want to argue that that philosophy has been a disaster, I guess you can.

I'd say it's brought up the only Lombardi the team has ever had, and the team with a young franchise QB, is set up to be competitive for the next decade.

All the angsty-hand-wringing by Hawks fans aside.

My logic was sound, what i was saying is a interview doesn't make the player better automatically. How good or bad his interview was doesn't change how good or bad he is on the field. It can tell you if he will be a head case or a model player and how he might be AWAY from football thats about it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it felt like they passed on talent, traded for more picks in hopes that throwing as much shit at the wall as possible would lead to a few sticks.

throwing darts in other words, i totally agree with this. This is what bugs me so much about the draft the Hawks had.

I also feel that the Talking heads have been made to look so foolish in past drafts that they are to afraid to grade seattle lower because if they succeed again ( Seattle ) with head scratcher picks then these so called "experts" will look foolish again. That could mean their job.

Right now in my eyes the 2016 draft was better and thats not saying much is it. They got a C for 2016.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My logic was sound, what i was saying is a interview doesn't make the player better automatically. How good or bad his interview was doesn't change how good or bad he is on the field. It can tell you if he will be a head case or a model player and how he might be AWAY from football thats about it.

But that's exactly NOT what J + Pete believe. They think the two are good indicators of character, and the desire to

a. improve
b. fight through adversity

which are both pretty important to ON THE FIELD production.

Since it involves human beings, it's never going to be 100% or even close to it. But their model is about maximizing returns. Which is why their draft boards looks so much different than many other team's draft boards.

Again, you can argue how much of a difference you think it makes, but you can't really argue that their results (given the history of the team) have been excellent.

Again, all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of fans aside.