• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading Craig Kimbrel

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking to trade Craig Kimbrel... the market is surprisingly minimal... got offered Kyle zimmer and Leonys martin... thinking of asking if he could change zimmer to Robert Stephenson, since I am assuming he is offering me this due to zimmers injury right now...

Would you do this trade as is??

I have been starting 3 closers all season, and I am 5 Saves ahead of the pack... Right now my other 2 closers are Sean Doolittle and Jonathan Pappelbon...

THis is a keeper league and Kimbrel can no longer be kept after this season, and my team is right now in 10th of 12 teams... I am thinking my team will be better off now with 2 closers instead of 3...

I want to Trade Kimbrel THIS WEEK because I have to activate Matt Latos(we get 2 weeks to activate someone after they are activated in real life), and the rest of my rotation is doing too well to drop...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a soft spot for Martin and if he keeps the leadoff gig and given Kimbrel's circumstance, I could see myself pulling the trigger, but I'd have to look into Zimmer's injury... I agree you should try Stephenson.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a soft spot for Martin and if he keeps the leadoff gig and given Kimbrel's circumstance, I could see myself pulling the trigger, but I'd have to look into Zimmer's injury... I agree you should try Stephenson.

try Stephenson even if Zimmers injury is not serious??

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, Stephenson is better

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't keep him and you are out of contention, then dealing him for a prospect is a good idea.

My guess is that your league-mates recognize that you have to trade him and are not willing to give you what he might normally command under other circumstance.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he wont change zimmer into Stephenson...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't keep him and you are out of contention, then dealing him for a prospect is a good idea.

My guess is that your league-mates recognize that you have to trade him and are not willing to give you what he might normally command under other circumstance.

No, closers in this league have always had low value... We have one owner that punts the save category every year, and we also don't have a bench... So there are not many teams who are in contention who need Closers... In fact the owner who gave me the original offer already has 2 closers...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, closers in this league have always had low value... We have one owner that punts the save category every year, and we also don't have a bench... So there are not many teams who are in contention who need Closers... In fact the owner who gave me the original offer already has 2 closers...

Well, if you trade him, you could say you "closed" the deal. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you trade him, you could say you "closed" the deal. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

that drum you hear after jokes, "ba da bump ching" just went "ba daaaaa"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If his trademate is a tailor with a lisp, there'll be a clother in the deal. (Milk wanting to trade THIS week seems far fetched.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, closers in this league have always had low value...

makes one wonder why you drafted him (assuming a high pick) at all?

I would say hold out, you should be able to get something better later, maybe a closer gets dealt in baseball, causing a fantasy owner to lose his closer?, or there's injury, etc. I just feel the best closer in the game should net you something a little more assured.

... but alas, you know this league more than I, so if all you were looking for was a "go for it nod", I don't have the education on Zimmer enough to give you my impression.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I ended up making the trade with a few add ons...

Final trade
I trade Jose Fernandez and craig kimbrel

he trades kyle crick, Kyle zimmer, leonys martin and jarrod saltemachia

I know I will hear it from trading jose Fernandez, but here is the thing, our keeper system is by contracts... contract is 3 years long, and after the 2nd season we can opt to extend them 5 units per year(but if extended then the player can never be dropped until the contract is expiring)

Kimbrel will be going into his third season of the contract next season, and since he is not going to play for the majority of next season his contract is silly to keep unless I extend him... and to extend a player coming off of tommy john is a lot for me to do...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ultimately my need to trade this week made me jump on this trade, he was going to take the offer back until I added jose...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I ended up making the trade with a few add ons...

Final trade
I trade Jose Fernandez and craig kimbrel

he trades kyle crick, Kyle zimmer, leonys martin and jarrod saltemachia

I know I will hear it from trading jose Fernandez, but here is the thing, our keeper system is by contracts... contract is 3 years long, and after the 2nd season we can opt to extend them 5 units per year(but if extended then the player can never be dropped until the contract is expiring)

Kimbrel will be going into his third season of the contract next season, and since he is not going to play for the majority of next season his contract is silly to keep unless I extend him... and to extend a player coming off of tommy john is a lot for me to do...

Your reasoning makes some sense but with Jose Fernandez, I would have got Stephenson over Zimmer and I am a royals fan.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reasoning makes some sense but with Jose Fernandez, I would have got Stephenson over Zimmer and I am a royals fan.

Yea, I should have re-tried to get Stephenson... but my SELLING power felt like it went away, and I didn't want him to leave the deal since I was shocked he did it in the first place...

He already has 2 closers, Chapman and KRod... and he is 3rd in saves as is, so I was surprised he was my biggest buyer...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming he won't be keeping K-Rod, so I'm not surprised. That must have been tough, letting go of JF, but with three year contracts, it can get tough. Still, I'm probably the crazy one who would have just extended JF. I'm also assuming you've looked into Zimmer's injury? Hopefully he's okay and not looking down the same road JF is now.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming he won't be keeping K-Rod, so I'm not surprised. That must have been tough, letting go of JF, but with three year contracts, it can get tough. Still, I'm probably the crazy one who would have just extended JF. I'm also assuming you've looked into Zimmer's injury? Hopefully he's okay and not looking down the same road JF is now.

He cant keep Kimbrel either... Kimbrels contract is expiring that's why I Wanted to trade him so badly...

And yes when JF went down I cried myself to sleep that night... I still feel the pain... Was definitely thinking of extending JF but for how long, how long can you comfortably extend a guy coming off of tommy john, especially since once he is extended he can not be dropped... If he is extended for only one season, then prospects are more valuable than a one year player, right??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought a contract would reset after a trade... then yeah, I don't see why he would have been so horny for Kimbrel either.

As for JF injury worries, at least you saw him dominate the major leagues. Zimmer isn't here yet and hasn't thrown in a month due to lat/biceps problems. As for Crick, he sure seems to have the stuff, but he drastically needs to improve his walk rate, which can be done yes, but maybe you see more there... or maybe you just like the name Kyle. ;)

Hopefully Leonys will start to hit LHP (and on the road for that matter), but him being atop the lineup can't be a bad thing. Get 'er going Martin!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought a contract would reset after a trade... then yeah, I don't see why he would have been so horny for Kimbrel either.

As for JF injury worries, at least you saw him dominate the major leagues. Zimmer isn't here yet and hasn't thrown in a month due to lat/biceps problems. As for Crick, he sure seems to have the stuff, but he drastically needs to improve his walk rate, which can be done yes, but maybe you see more there... or maybe you just like the name Kyle. ;)

Hopefully Leonys will start to hit LHP (and on the road for that matter), but him being atop the lineup can't be a bad thing. Get 'er going Martin!!!

I told him I was going to call everyone kyle in my announcement of the trade- we announce trades in this league...

I called salty Kyle "jarrod" saltykyles