• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades made while drinking....legit?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mans only as good as his word. Drunk or not drunk, I say it's a deal. :suds:

I agree completely with the handshake = deal is made/only as good as your word sentiment.
That's probably why it takes me a week of negotiations to ever land a deal!

gonna be a lot of owners questioning the man-card status of the guy that backed out of the deal.

I pretty much did what most of you were saying - left it up to the Graham owner if he was going to let the AP owner off the hook.

I called them both last night to make sure that there were no hard feelings, and everyone seemed good. Explaining to the Graham owner why I thought JG was the better keeper helped ease the tensions as well.

The AP owner then tried to sell ME on AP, and I laughed him out of the room. I already have McCoy, gronk, Dez, marshall, bell, bernard, cobb at good values to determine my 4 keepers. And I think that owner will find it pretty hard to get a trade partner now that the entire league knows about the way this deal was handled by him.

I will say 1 thing in his defense, the buyer's remorse was pretty instant, so it wasn't like he was trying to get out of the deal 2-3 days later or anything. For whatever that's worth....