• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade up for Clowney?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report yesterday that Jerry had talks with several teams about trade down scenario's. Unless Donald or Zach Martin, or maybe Barr who they seem to like falls to them, I think they are trading down, and it makes sense. I really like Pryor and Dix, but if we traded down 5-6 spots, and got, say, Jimmie Ward and still added a late 2nd, that's value to me. That said, if they stay put and take Dix, Pryor, or even Shazier or Hageman, I'm happy as can be

I don't like Ward LOL Think Hageman is too much of a project at 16 Shazier as well

Like all 3 .... just not at 16 .... Ward I think is middle to low 2nd at best .... Hageman and Shazier picks 25 and below ...

All a matter of opinion .... But I'd rather take a chance on Watkins ( Sammy Watkins brother) rather than Ward .... after all he has had to play against his brother his whole life......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Ward LOL Think Hageman is too much of a project at 16 Shazier as well

Like all 3 .... just not at 16 .... Ward I think is middle to low 2nd at best .... Hageman and Shazier picks 25 and below ...

All a matter of opinion .... But I'd rather take a chance on Watkins ( Sammy Watkins brother) rather than Ward .... after all he has had to play against his brother his whole life......

Yeah, it's always two different things on here, what most people would do themselves, and then trying to project what Jerry might do lol. I've watched Jerry the last 25 years like most of yall, and based on what I've seen in that time, his EGO(think 500 coaches) will keep him from pulling the trigger on a safety in round 1 because he wants to prove Church and Wilcox(and Johnson) can get the job done. Jerry also said recently that we are not rebuilding, that we are win now period. To me, that means there is a good chance that Jerry doesn't go D, D, D like I think he should. Mike Evans and Eric Ebron would be the pick Jerry would make if either is there IMO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's always two different things on here, what most people would do themselves, and then trying to project what Jerry might do lol. I've watched Jerry the last 25 years like most of yall, and based on what I've seen in that time, his EGO(think 500 coaches) will keep him from pulling the trigger on a safety in round 1 because he wants to prove Church and Wilcox(and Johnson) can get the job done. Jerry also said recently that we are not rebuilding, that we are win now period. To me, that means there is a good chance that Jerry doesn't go D, D, D like I think he should. Mike Evans and Eric Ebron would be the pick Jerry would make if either is there IMO

I don't like Evans ... but Ebron makes the situation funny.... literally

If he is there at 16 he is clearly the best player...... I wanna see what all the guys that say you have to take BPA say if he is the BPA at 16 knowing we don't need a tight end

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still big on Louis Nix.

Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Projected late first, can easily trade down and grab him. I think Marinelli could turn this guy into a stud.

I don't like ND guys simply because they are ND guys, but I'd like to see Nix wearing the Star. He's not a WOW player but makes the jobs of others around him easier.

I have soured a bit on Ward. Not because I don't like him but Bucannon or Bailey in the third look like great options too. We can fill other needs if BPA fits them in the 1st two rounds. If we don't take a S out of the top 5 we might as well keep what we have, unless we take a flyer on one in the 7th.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Pryor, Donald, or Barr tomorrow. I could live with a corner though we have more pressing needs. Only way I take a trade back is if it gets us another 2nd and possibly another 5th or 6th other than that let's stay put. I would love to find a way to pick twice in the first tomorrow

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus i heard from a friend that JJ is already fielding multiple offers from teams wanting to trade up to #16

That Jerry, he'll say anything to be in the spot light. Already fielding multiple offers???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three players I would take there ( someone making a huge drop not included)

Donald, Clinton-Dix, and Pryor

Outside of those 3 ..... Trade down would be the best move the Cowboys could make...... IMO

As bad as we are at safety, I just can't get myself excited about Pryor. Like Ward better. Like I just said about someone else in an other thread: I'd be fine with the pick, but I like a lot of others better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Evans ... but Ebron makes the situation funny.... literally

If he is there at 16 he is clearly the best player...... I wanna see what all the guys that say you have to take BPA say if he is the BPA at 16 knowing we don't need a tight end

I was just thinking about this same scenario the other day. I wouldn't be happy, but I actually wouldn't go crazy if Ebron is the pick because I think he could be great. I certainly wouldn't do it myself, but if he were a better blocker then I'd actually be OK with it. How much time does Witten have left? But the fact is we will not take Ebron because then Jerry either admits he screwed up last year or he starts telling us how Linehan wants to make the 3 TE Offense our base Offense!!! Blindly going BPA is sometimes as bad as forcing a position. I think you go BPA with position need as a part of the equation.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about this same scenario the other day. I wouldn't be happy, but I actually wouldn't go crazy if Ebron is the pick because I think he could be great. I certainly wouldn't do it myself, but if he were a better blocker then I'd actually be OK with it. How much time does Witten have left? But the fact is we will not take Ebron because then Jerry either admits he screwed up last year or he starts telling us how Linehan wants to make the 3 TE Offense our base Offense!!! Blindly going BPA is sometimes as bad as forcing a position. I think you go BPA with position need as a part of the equation.

This is a no brainer draft. Many needs can be filled. I just hope Jerry doesn't do anything stupid. He was very fortunate last year, but more times then not for us, trading down does not work with this regime.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jerry, he'll say anything to be in the spot light. Already fielding multiple offers???

agree with you about JJ but supposedly at least 3 teams selecting between 25-30 have made trade offers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you about JJ but supposedly at least 3 teams selecting between 25-30 have made trade offers

But they don't even know if the player(s) they want will be there and we dont even know if the players we want will be there. I can't imagine at least 3 teams did that. Now if he wants to say 3 teams called about the possibility in case things break a certain way that is a different story, but I can't imagine they actually made offers.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Friday night I want 3 of these players

DLine- Donald, Jernigan Hageman, Lawrence, Crichton, Easley, Ealy

LB- Shazier, Barr

S - Pryor, Ward , Buchanon

Is that asking too much????

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Mosely and Dix to my LB and S list but I think they will be gone. I want Donald bad but I just dont see it happening.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of the names on your list. I would love it if the drug test drops Jernigan to pick #47. If we could get a guy like Barr in the first and Jernigan in the second it would instantly upgrade our defense (and hopefully a safety at some point!!!). If it were up to me I still prefer putting Barr at SOLB for early downs and then move him to DE to rush the passer, but it seems as if Marinelli would start him right out in Wares old spot day 1 and I'm not dumb enough to argue with his opinion. I think Barr or Martin are our most likely first round picks at this point based on who will be there at #16.

I'm starting to think more and more that we may end up with Easley at some point. Don't think there is any way we pass on him in the 3rd and to tell you the truth I'm not sure we would even pass on him in the 2nd with our history. Top 15 player that dropped due to injury and now seems to have a medical opinion that says he will be OK. Sounds like a lot of guys we have taken lately. Then they all miss the first years offseason, come in behind and continue to get hurt every year. Not sure how I am going to feel if we take him, but I am not going to be surprised.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with trading down to the 25-30 spot for a 2nd round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be good with trading down to the 25-30 spot for a 2nd round.

If no one we want is there I think we may trade back. I wouldn't do it because there are so many guys I like, but who knows who the team likes. It would be tough to get a team's 2nd and 3rd unless they love a QB. Who knows, maybe NO or Car would be interested in trading up if Evans is still on the board.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still say, ideally if Donald or another prospect that blows us away isn't available at 16, trade down (assuming a 2nd is involved). You can still get plenty of talent late first and we could go front 7, front 7, safety (in no particular order) with our first 3 picks. The defense is instantly rejuvenated.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Schefter Hou is locked in on a player and no longer looking to deal. Take that for what it's worth, but sounds legit I guess and figure it mostly means they couldn't get a huge package back for the pick.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]464476203219316736[/MEDIA]"]1 hr[/ame]
Houston is now locked in on its player and is not expecting a trade, per sources. Texans happy to sit at 1 and take player it wants.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Huge package"...I could have chosen my words better there...