• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea: Knight for Okafor/Bayless

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are good now actually. They are a competitive but young team. They need a great coach who can take them to the next level and better rebounding. To me thats all they really need and another scorer off the bench and they are very good. But the defense has to improve. They give up to many points. A defensive center could change that.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could parlay those picks into a better center now. They would have to trade with a west team willing to rebuild and give them a leg up in the process. Not to many teams fit that description. An east team because i feel the east is still a weaker conference.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could parlay those picks into a better center now. They would have to trade with a west team willing to rebuild and give them a leg up in the process. Not to many teams fit that description. An east team because i feel the east is still a weaker conference.

That is interesting... @Arizona_Sting you think your team would be willing to give up one of the Dragic picks for Noel?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are good now actually. They are a competitive but young team. They need a great coach who can take them to the next level and better rebounding. To me thats all they really need and another scorer off the bench and they are very good. But the defense has to improve. They give up to many points. A defensive center could change that.

Completely agree on the coaching. Watson is a good motivator, gets along with the players well and they like him... but when it comes to coaching the guy has no clue.

We could easily be 6-5 right now if he didn't throw games away with his shitty rotations and awful play calls. Just has them play iso-ball, it's frustrating to watch. I wish we hired Walton.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting... @Arizona_Sting you think your team would be willing to give up one of the Dragic picks for Noel?

Could be. Looking at this team they have a ton of young talent as is so they may look to deal a pick eventually. Can't be TOO young.

I could see them maybe making a pitch for Cousins if that rumor is true. Not too many teams have as much young talent/picks combos available to just throw away for a star like the Suns do. Players like Len/Bender/Warren/Knight, etc. plus the bounty of picks we have could put some interesting combo of pieces for a star. Ideally you keep Bledsoe, Booker, Warren and Chriss and plug in Cousins but that's a real long shot. Suns and Kings have made deals together before, but I doubt SAC deals their star in the same conference let alone same division.

Which is why I go back to Noel.

Maybe a 3 way deal could work, with one of Len/Chandler heading elsewhere and us keeping Noel and one of Chandler/Len to pair with him and Knight going to Philly. Random idea:

GSW: Tyson Chandler
PHI: Brandon Knight, Kevon Looney, future 2nd round pick via PHX
PHX: Nerlens Noel

No idea if salaries matchup or whatever but that's just a random example of what could work.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Looking at this team they have a ton of young talent as is so they may look to deal a pick eventually. Can't be TOO young.

I could see them maybe making a pitch for Cousins if that rumor is true. Not too many teams have as much young talent/picks combos available to just throw away for a star like the Suns do. Players like Len/Bender/Warren/Knight, etc. plus the bounty of picks we have could put some interesting combo of pieces for a star. Ideally you keep Bledsoe, Booker, Warren and Chriss and plug in Cousins but that's a real long shot. Suns and Kings have made deals together before, but I doubt SAC deals their star in the same conference let alone same division.

Maybe a 3 way deal could work, with one of Len/Chandler heading elsewhere and us keeping Noel and one of Chandler/Len to pair with him and Knight going to Philly. Random idea:

No idea if salaries matchup or whatever but that's just a random example of what could work.
Thats actually something GS needs. They thought they had a good interior defender in the 3 that they have has not panned out. They just have big heavy retards down low. Tyson would give them exactly what they need. A guy like Javale could work well with PHX.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That looks pretty good to me. I think all sides would benefit from that trade.