• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea: Knight for Okafor/Bayless

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Knight has faded into oblivion coming off the bench in Phoenix behind Bledsoe/Knight/T.J. Warren on a Suns team that's too perimeter-oriented, and Okafor would give them a post presence that's missing and one that could learn a few tricks defensively from Tyson Chandler.

Knight is one of my favorite players not on either of my two teams, and I truly believe he could be an All-Star caliber player if given full reign on offense.

Philly obviously needs to move at least one big man. Maybe two. And they desperately need a backcourt scoring threat, so this makes sense for them as well, even though I'm pretty sure Bayless can't be traded until Dec. 15 since he was just signed this summer.

Thoughts?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Suns have Chandler, Len, Bender and Chriss.

I don't think they need Okafor.

They might need a center, though. Len is going to be a free agent and has been a disappointment and Chandler is, well, 34.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Knight has faded into oblivion coming off the bench in Phoenix behind Bledsoe/Knight/T.J. Warren on a Suns team that's too perimeter-oriented, and Okafor would give them a post presence that's missing and one that could learn a few tricks defensively from Tyson Chandler.

Knight is one of my favorite players not on either of my two teams, and I truly believe he could be an All-Star caliber player if given full reign on offense.

Philly obviously needs to move at least one big man. Maybe two. And they desperately need a backcourt scoring threat, so this makes sense for them as well, even though I'm pretty sure Bayless can't be traded until Dec. 15 since he was just signed this summer.

Thoughts?

Could be one of those trades that could benefit both teams. I agree with Mecca though. The Suns would need to get rid of a big (probably Len). Then they could have, as you point out, Chandler to teach Okafor a defensive trick or 2 before he retires.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might need a center, though. Len is going to be a free agent and has been a disappointment and Chandler is, well, 34.

True.

But, I don't think they are ready to give up on Len yet.

Plus, Bender might very well be their 5 of the future ala KAT, Turner the Brow and probably Porzingis a thousand cheeseburgers from now.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But, I don't think they are ready to give up on Len yet.

Plus, Bender might very well be their 5 of the future ala KAT, Turner the Brow and probably Porzingis a thousand cheeseburgers from now.

He is very young (Bender), but comparing him to that group I think is a stretch.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is very young (Bender), but comparing him to that group I think is a stretch.

Where did I compare him to their skill level?

I said he MIGHT be their center of the future.

He has a lithe frame for the Center position just like the rest of those guys.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I've thought about this quite a bit previously because it could make sense for both sides.

When I look at the weak upcoming FA class at the center position and see the draft has very few options it makes me think Okafor wouldn't be a bad trade target, but at the same time he doesn't fit our system well. I'd rather go after Nerlens Noel, he can set screens, run the floor, and block shots which would be a better fit with our team and how it's constructed.

Knight could be a good fit for Philly, but if we add another center then Len or Chandler would probably have to head out. And Noel/Okafor are definitely not worth both.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I've thought about this quite a bit previously because it could make sense for both sides.

When I look at the weak upcoming FA class at the center position and see the draft has very few options it makes me think Okafor wouldn't be a bad trade target, but at the same time he doesn't fit our system well. I'd rather go after Nerlens Noel, he can set screens, run the floor, and block shots which would be a better fit with our team and how it's constructed.

Knight could be a good fit for Philly, but if we add another center then Len or Chandler would probably have to head out. And Noel/Okafor are definitely not worth both.

See, I think Okafor and/or Noel are worth more than Knight as a trade asset. They are both young with upside and on good contracts. Knight would help the 6ers today, but I am not they want help today. I would rather see them make a deal like this next season.

If they can add a top rookie guard to what they already have, look out. I do think Okafor is the player to trade though. Noel fits them Well as a high quality role player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
i think it makes sense on paper- but i think Philly wants more for Okafor......that and i think they would prefer to move Noel over okafor. Plus- if you trade for Knight i think you have to belive he is going to be your guy going forward for the next couple years at the least considering his contract.... i mean- that could be the case- but i dont know how high philly is on him and if they want to commit to him like that.

Knight just makes no sense for the Suns--- why they ever dealt that Lakers pick for him was beyond me. what a dumb move. I bet they wish they could have that one back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noel can be a guy like Tristan or Biyombo or Adams- a big that rebounds like crazy, plays the pick and role defense excellent, can guard multiple positions, play good D, and finish at the rim in the pick and roll, run the floor......

those type of guys value is rising in the NBA. I think Noel would be a great trade target for the Suns to match up with those stretch 4's you drafted in Bender and Chriss

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think Okafor and/or Noel are worth more than Knight as a trade asset. They are both young with upside and on good contracts. Knight would help the 6ers today, but I am not they want help today. I would rather see them make a deal like this next season.

If they can add a top rookie guard to what they already have, look out. I do think Okafor is the player to trade though. Noel fits them Well as a high quality role player.

Knight for Noel straight up makes sense I think with maybe a future pick or smaller piece involved, I was saying Knight AND Len for one of those two would be too much.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight for Noel straight up makes sense I think with maybe a future pick or smaller piece involved, I was saying Knight AND Len for one of those two would be too much.

Len would likely have to be moved in a separate deal with another team because Knight's contract is too large...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Len would likely have to be moved in a separate deal with another team because Knight's contract is too large...

I agree.

And I do think Knight alone is not enough. Like Wiggy said, Noel is a serious asset. I am surprised teams are not being a little more aggressive in trying to land him. I think he could be a real difference maker in the right landing spot.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

And I do think Knight alone is not enough. Like Wiggy said, Noel is a serious asset. I am surprised teams are not being a little more aggressive in trying to land him. I think he could be a real difference maker in the right landing spot.

Knight along with maybe Tyler Ulis for Noel and Jerryd Bayless might be the best that's out there for Philly. Don't know what else they could get for a guy like Noel who hasn't proved he can stay healthy. Also, it's not as if Philly as an overwhelming need to play Noel. And I think other franchises are aware of this when considering a trade package for him...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight just makes no sense for the Suns--- why they ever dealt that Lakers pick for him was beyond me. what a dumb move. I bet they wish they could have that one back.

At least the Lakers will be an adequate enough team this year to finally give up their first rounder they owe Philly. We won't be needing to hear about this one much longer.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
He runs the floor, this is actually a great idea for both teams. But is there a lottery pick in the suns future? Who is in t his years draft?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs the floor, this is actually a great idea for both teams. But is there a lottery pick in the suns future? Who is in t his years draft?

Not entirely sure when their Miami picks in the Dragic deal come into play...