• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade for suter

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry for posting to much today but I figured I had some free time....

Anyway. The realistic chances of the Flyers getting past either Boston or NYR is slim. Both have a goalie. One of ours goes down to easy and the other can't keep his legs close. I'll let you decide who is who.

The only moves I think Homer should make are ones that help long term. Why trade for a rental UFA if don't know he is going to sign? Especially giving up on JVR or Schenn? It's a waste and it's time the brass start to realize that you can go for it every year. 1 step forward and 2 steps back --- One Step Forward - Desert Rose Band - YouTube

Enjoy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway. The realistic chances of the Flyers getting past either Boston or NYR is slim. Both have a goalie. One of ours goes down to easy and the other can't keep his legs close. I'll let you decide who is who.

The only moves I think Homer should make are ones that help long term. Why trade for a rental UFA if don't know he is going to sign? Especially giving up on JVR or Schenn? It's a waste and it's time the brass start to realize that you can go for it every year. 1 step forward and 2 steps back --- One Step Forward - Desert Rose Band - YouTube

Enjoy.

after reaading this it's clear to me that i am a flip flopper on the issue. today, unlike yesterday, i feel like the flyers really need to make a push to get weber, but only weber. i would strongly consider moving schenn (and maybe a small piece or two more) to get weber.

however, i dont think the preds have any intention of moving weber. even if one of them moves, i think it will be suter, in which case, schenn is off the table

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enjoy.

TD i just want to point out that the Rags have had the same goalie who has done nothing in the playoffs for like 7 years so i dont know how you could add the Rags into your realistic chances and Boston beat us one series last year and we beat them the year prior so im in total disagreement with you saying we have a slim chance now proceed to the penalty box where you should serve a 2 minute unsportsman like conduct penalty.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TD i just want to point out that the Rags have had the same goalie who has done nothing in the playoffs for like 7 years so i dont know how you could add the Rags into your realistic chances and Boston beat us one series last year and we beat them the year prior so im in total disagreement with you saying we have a slim chance now proceed to the penalty box where you should serve a 2 minute unsportsman like conduct penalty.

yeah i dunno, im not really worried about the bruins or rags, anyone can win, there is no clear advantage in either of those series at this point

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
making predictions about who can take who in a 7 game series right now is worthless.. the playoffs are 40% team skill, 35% which team has the momentum, and 25% who's healthier.. the trade deadline hasn't happend yet, so #1 cant be determined.. and the other two will be determined in april

i will say that as of now, i wouldn't want to see the flyers play the rangers.. good goaltending and the collapsing d-style has been giving the flyers fits so far this season and nobody does that better than the rags

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Homer making any trades with UFA or RFA's unless a contracts been worked out...especially expensive trades like suter or weber. If they go after weber they'll have to pay whether it be Schenn or JVR (well he's hurt now fuck) the preds aren't going to give him away. Odds are nothing will happen with weber but suter may be moved as they can compensate for him and they'll get nothing come summer.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Homer isn't going to trade for a rental unless it's absolutely necessary. Those days are over imo.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RFA's are a different beast than UFA's.. one of the only RFA's to get stolen away in 'free agency' was kessel, and it made the bruins better.. if weber gets offer-sheeted away the team with his rights will get 4 1st round picks.. i dont consider RFA guys rental guys

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RFA's are a different beast than UFA's.. one of the only RFA's to get stolen away in 'free agency' was kessel, and it made the bruins better.. if weber gets offer-sheeted away the team with his rights will get 4 1st round picks.. i dont consider RFA guys rental guys

Yes true but if they really want the guy then they may get stuck with some bogus contract...I'm sure Homer would rather work one out beforehand. The only way I can see a weber deal is if they are 100% sure that Pronger is done for. Otherwise they'll snag a dman like gleason for the cup run. I love how that dude fought egeland...he's ok in my books and exactly what the doc ordered for the Flyers right now. Walker was supposed to do the same....oh well.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

While that is true, the talks here are for Suter. I haven't heard any rumors regarding Weber which scares me. I would never ever give up this much for an upcoming UFA. You don't win in these cases. You either overpay or you lose them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that is true, the talks here are for Suter. I haven't heard any rumors regarding Weber which scares me. I would never ever give up this much for an upcoming UFA. You don't win in these cases. You either overpay or you lose them.

yup.. no doubt about that.. i would never give up one of the future cornerstones to get a UFA guy.. no way in hell