• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade for suter

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Homer needs to start talking to guys about waiving their NTC/NMC's. I could much more easily deal with a Package of Briere, Gusty, a 2013 1st rounder & 2012 2nd rounder for Weber then giving up on all our newly acquired young guys.

I'm sure that isn't what Nashville wants as a return for Weber, but I'm sure there are some bubble teams who would love to get Briere as their #1 center(Toronto, Buffalo, Winnipeg, Montreal, Dallas, Colorado) all need help to make the playoffs and most of those teams have a real weakness at center, so we could clear a big contract, gain some assests and then flip them into a package for Weber while hopefully not depleting our system too much and making the nessecary cap room to sign him long teram and keep our young guys around.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly I think Homer needs to start talking to guys about waiving their NTC/NMC's. I could much more easily deal with a Package of Briere, Gusty, a 2013 1st rounder & 2012 2nd rounder for Weber then giving up on all our newly acquired young guys.

I'm sure that isn't what Nashville wants as a return for Weber, but I'm sure there are some bubble teams who would love to get Briere as their #1 center(Toronto, Buffalo, Winnipeg, Montreal, Dallas, Colorado) all need help to make the playoffs and most of those teams have a real weakness at center, so we could clear a big contract, gain some assests and then flip them into a package for Weber while hopefully not depleting our system too much and making the nessecary cap room to sign him long teram and keep our young guys around.

i dunno man, i kind of agree with Awaz in regards to making moves this season. I really don't see the point giving up anything that is more than a few draft picks or phantoms.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man, i kind of agree with Awaz in regards to making moves this season. I really don't see the point giving up anything that is more than a few draft picks or phantoms.

I already stated that I wouldn't really be looking to make a big move now, but would prefer the bottom 4 d-man option. However, if Homer is really interested in Weber then he has to do the following..

1. Put together a package that Nashville will accept, while at the same time not ruining our own depth.
2. Clear the cap space to sign Weber to a long term deal, while also ensuring the ability to sign your "core" building blocks.

The biggest problem I see with going after Weber is that it will limit what we can do in the offseason. With Pronger's status being up in the air and the fact that an injury prone aging player may be untraceable really put us in a tight spot. The easiest way to remedy that situation is to move a big contract.

Briere makes the most sense since #1 centers are really hard to find for most teams now and he is a really good playoff player that a bubble team would be willing to pay for. How about Briere to Tor for Schenn and a 3rd? Toronto get's a #1 center to help Kessel and Lupul and we'd get a solid promising young d-man to solidify our back end. I could see this deal possibly because I think Burke is going to miss out on Getzlaf and will still need a proven center. It may be good for Briere too since he's seemed to be transparent this season at times and struggling due to some flux in the line-up there he would have 2 all-star calipber wings to play with every game.

Not making a big move this season ensures we keep our young talented group & I agree that is probably the best way to go, but at some point some of these big $ NTC contracts have to be dealt with to make room for our young guys who are more then earning their spots now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated that I wouldn't really be looking to make a big move now, but would prefer the bottom 4 d-man option. However, if Homer is really interested in Weber then he has to do the following..

1. Put together a package that Nashville will accept, while at the same time not ruining our own depth.
2. Clear the cap space to sign Weber to a long term deal, while also ensuring the ability to sign your "core" building blocks.

The biggest problem I see with going after Weber is that it will limit what we can do in the offseason. With Pronger's status being up in the air and the fact that an injury prone aging player may be untraceable really put us in a tight spot. The easiest way to remedy that situation is to move a big contract.

Briere makes the most sense since #1 centers are really hard to find for most teams now and he is a really good playoff player that a bubble team would be willing to pay for. How about Briere to Tor for Schenn and a 3rd? Toronto get's a #1 center to help Kessel and Lupul and we'd get a solid promising young d-man to solidify our back end. I could see this deal possibly because I think Burke is going to miss out on Getzlaf and will still need a proven center. It may be good for Briere too since he's seemed to be transparent this season at times and struggling due to some flux in the line-up there he would have 2 all-star calipber wings to play with every game.

Not making a big move this season ensures we keep our young talented group & I agree that is probably the best way to go, but at some point some of these big $ NTC contracts have to be dealt with to make room for our young guys who are more then earning their spots now.

i agree w/ your point, and would be ok moving briere as he's not part of the young, crowing core.. but i dont think toronto is going to want that.. briere just isn't a burke-type player.. he goes after the rough and tumble guys, power forwards, nasty d-men.. that kind of thing.. but i would definitely rather make a 'seller' type trade where you trade an established forward for a guy with a promising future and a pick, instead of make the extreme 'buyer' type trade where you go after a stud like weber by selling your farm

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well G did get a raise maybe he could buy Dany's house and G, Schenn & Cooter could all share a place.

they better not invite richie or carts over..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they better not invite richie or carts over..

I bet Richie and Carts still have some good contacts for hotties here though, so maybe having them over if the flyers get 4-5 days off could help them relax some. before the playoffs.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get rid of Briere where would cooter live???

He could come live with me. I have an 18 year old daughter and 16 year old son. He would fit in well!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could come live with me. I have an 18 year old daughter and 16 year old son. He would fit in well!!!!!

If i had an 18 year old daughter i dont care if it was Giroux i wouldnt take any of them in.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I bet Richie and Carts still have some good contacts for hotties here though, so maybe having them over if the flyers get 4-5 days off could help them relax some. before the playoffs.

from what i hear was goin on, the boys wouldnt be able to relax.....in fact their heart rates would be beating very fast....

If i had an 18 year old daughter i dont care if it was Giroux i wouldnt take any of them in.

yes dont do it! my best friends parents started with a program where players from the Kansas City Royals farm system live with them while they are in A-ball here in Wilmington, DE. His sister was 17 when this started. Needless to say, i think now shes been banged by 12 baseball dudes in the past 5 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dno i could think of worse situations for her to be in than dating an NHL-er

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i hear was goin on, the boys wouldnt be able to relax.....in fact their heart rates would be beating very fast....

yes dont do it! my best friends parents started with a program where players from the Kansas City Royals farm system live with them while they are in A-ball here in Wilmington, DE. His sister was 17 when this started. Needless to say, i think now shes been banged by 12 baseball dudes in the past 5 years.

Lol.:clock:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN DO NOT TRADE SCHENN

I cannot reiterate what a mistake this would be trading him for a ufa or even an rfa. The fact Homer may even be considering this just sickens me because WE ALL know that no matter what we will overpay for whomever we trade for.

I don't want to give up one the of top prospects in the NHL for a guy we are going to overpay for. I really like Suter and I love Weber, but if we trade for them, we will be paying the same eact premium we would be paying in the offseason.

We did it with Timonen. We did it with Hartnell. We are doing it with Bryz.

You can argue they have been good (minus Bryz), but the fact is they were overpaid at the time they were signed because they had us handcuffed. This will be the same situation.

DO NOT TRADE SCHENN

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Get Hannah for peanuts
2. Keep Schenn, have our bottom 6 be better than your face
3. Profit

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th step is waive Shelley, but we can only dream at this point. A secondary path on the Flyers Profit flow chart is to put Shelley on D and find out he is actually Bobby Orr on steroids.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th step is waive Shelley, but we can only dream at this point. A secondary path on the Flyers Profit flow chart is to put Shelley on D and find out he is actually Bobby Orr on steroids.

i see what you did there.